What's new

WoWo 1.06 Discussion

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
could this work with other characters too?
Dunno maybe, its hardly practical though.
I'm trying to find a way to make her F3 cross over end up in the same situation as 33 23 B3 F3.
So far I have a way of getting every other option back into the same scenario, but the hardest one to block doesnt leave them in the same situation. Still leaves you with good options, just not the ones I want.

Eminent

Forum Lurker
I like the F3 splat setup too. If I follow up with B3, 33, or b113 I usually go for the F3 splat again or max damage depending on their health.
But when I land F3, I don't know what else to do except go for max damage F3 B1 B113 B113~LassoGrab, 36% (I think. There might be a better one out there...) Or maybe go for F3 twice and luckily get the universal standing reset then go for 33 or something and put them back in the guessing game.

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
actually i agree with cdjr about iadg..if you don't hit leg which is -5 to -7,all other is at least -10..!do you risk doing the safe one and with some input errors then being in combo situation?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
The only bad MU WW has is probably AM and even that, is winnable... People saying WW having 5 bad MU's is ludicrous... After the patch WW will be a top 3 character for sure.

She has an inherent flaw that no one is really taking advantage of... because they don't know.
Which is? Cause from what i m seeing WW is the most complete character in the game. Frame traps, safe mix ups which lead to tons of damage, excellent mobility, excellent defensive trait which helps her a lot vs zoners and characters in general who do a lot of chip damage (not to mention the frame traps she has when in shield stance as well), 50/50 OTG's everywhere on the screen, excellent corner game, decent ground and air projectiles, air dash, excellent range in her attacks which allows her to completely control her opponent, gap closing abilities similar to DD's Venom when done correctly and, IIRC, uninterruptible strings, and ofc she is a power character on top of that. So, which is her flaw that no one takes advantage of?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Iadg is something that can be perfected.

We've just come off a game where people are NDCing after every button press, a move as simple a U D F 3 is hardly much to practice.
AM may be able to trident rush things to be safe, but WoWo has more options than near enough the rest of the cast to check him outside of his own effective range.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Iadg is something that can be perfected.

We've just come off a game where people are NDCing after every button press, a move as simple a U D F 3 is hardly much to practice.
AM may be able to trident rush things to be safe, but WoWo has more options than near enough the rest of the cast to check him outside of his own effective range.
...... like what exactly?
his b1 (the low) has the same reach as our b2.
his b3 covers about the same area.

I'm not saying its just stupid unwinnable...... but he controls his space because he never has to worry about getting launched by WW.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
...... like what exactly?
his b1 (the low) has the same reach as our b2.
his b3 covers about the same area.

I'm not saying its just stupid unwinnable...... but he controls his space because he never has to worry about getting launched by WW.
His B1 definitely doesnt outreach her B2. By quite a distance too.
All it takes is a single B2 lasso grab to get her game started, you can't trait out of all of her mixups forever, and his only real hope for getting out is using his F1 which is short compared.

On top of that you have shield stance which has better options from an even longer range against him. You dont NEED to be close to fight him at all times.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
actually i agree with cdjr about iadg..if you don't hit leg which is -5 to -7,all other is at least -10..!do you risk doing the safe one and with some input errors then being in combo situation?
its not -5 from lowest, more like -2/3

Crathen

Death is my business
IADG is safe at the lowest point but i agree with Nivek when you also have to account for execution errors , IADG is not foolproof and could be punished if the other player is not on point.

BTW that b3 f3 setup is sick , tried it right now.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i can just block, or backdash... whatever.

Are we even talking about the same thing.
iadg is about getting in, blocking will get you into a setup where you can't get in, backdashing just gives up space. if you want the whole IADGs point of " i get in and its like im almost at neutral" then you're not getting it, thats my point.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
iadg is about getting in, blocking will get you into a setup where you can't get in, backdashing just gives up space. if you want the whole IADGs point of " i get in and its like im almost at neutral" then you're not getting it, thats my point.
my point is that nothing you do after iadg matters.
and if you get into a habit of doing really slow moves... then you'll just get parried.

those 2 frames don't mean as much.... but when you get up into the -7 and above... then they matter.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
my point is that nothing you do after iadg matters.
and if you get into a habit of doing really slow moves... then you'll just get parried.

those 2 frames don't mean as much.... but when you get up into the -7 and above... then they matter.
-5 in case of jokers d2.

in that range vs joker you also lose b2, something you can spam all day vs joker

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
-5 in case of jokers d2.

in that range vs joker you also lose b2, something you can spam all day vs joker
so you now have a 10 frame d2.... which will just get eaten up by a plethora of other things she can do. See... being at -5 or -3 doesn't matter. I can do the same things at both places.

There really is no risk to the move if you can do it perfectly... or even slightly perfectly every time.

CD jr

Noob
Lol at WW top 5 and the other guy said top 3 after the patch. Foxy you are GDLK but when it comes to match ups you lack knowledge because players over there aren't as good as the ones over here. History is repeating itself again. You are the same guy who said rain was viable, that Sonya rings go under kabal iagb(lol) that kabal and Kung Lao beats kabal etc lol. How about you look at ALL THE flaws WW has and all the holes before you start saying how she beats x character. You are very good at finding what's good in a character but not finding what's bad about them and that's where you fail. WW is now top 10 at best and will stay like that post patch. Charliemurphy you are right about the character don't worry she is not this GDLK character the Europeans make her out to be.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
AM can check her outside of her effective range at all times.
It is just a fact.
You always have to chase him.

If her normal tiarra came back as fast as the MB one.... yeah.... i'd agree that she's numero uno.

But the way the game is... even with all her great tools...... she has to chase a majority of the cast to even touch them properly.

That is a problem.

CD jr

Noob
AM can check her outside of her effective range at all times.
It is just a fact.
You always have to chase him.

If her normal tiarra came back as fast as the MB one.... yeah.... i'd agree that she's numero uno.

But the way the game is... even with all her great tools...... she has to chase a majority of the cast to even touch them properly.

That is a problem.
Exactly!! And that's why I say she doesn't only have to fight the character but the engine as well. Even when she has the lead she still gotta chase you lol what?

I dunno I feel like if you you play arkam asylum and push any character into the flower corner it's pretty much 9-1 WW no matter who the character is.

If you abuse the OTG and use the midscreen setups and always make sure you land the OTG in a position where you are forcing the opponent into the corner I think your are pretty solid regardless of the matchup.

You only need to catch them once to put them into some pretty good frame traps they cannot escape without push blocking or guessing.

B2 checks any button press and once they respect it you can do a whole lot of shit.

Her absolute biggest weakness is her wakeup.

I worry about AM matchup but if you can incorporate Armor B3 or F3 instead of B2 you will do ok getting through B1 and F1.

I've been trying really hard to incorporate Parry into her game its really good at blowing up B3 and F3's.

i agree with cd jr wonder woman has at least 4 bad match ups.
ill explain why.
batman (cant really get in on batman because he always has bats, batman can zone her well and is better upclose ,beats her in the air.
a smart batman will beats any wonder woman sorry hav e batman winning this on because of bats.)
green lantern(the green lantern match is getting closer but its still bad for wonder woman given she cant really close in the gap without taking risks, all this the about her parry in sword stance can be baited by the delay version in his b1 string follow up.)
Zod(zod has to be a bad match up cant really approach him easily and she can zone her out pretty easily with little effort have this slightly in zod favour .)
aquaman(im sure we all know why this is a bad match wonder cant really air dash or jump because of his d2 he can trait out of all her mix ups because her low launcher is 2 hits, he beats her in close with just chip alone from ex trident rush how does wonder woman open this guy up people mention air demi goddess why is this move even relevant its not like its a 1 hit launcher this move is so over rated it hurts lol.)
there are also other unexplored match that could potentially give wonder woman problems, such as green arrow.

wonder woman is no kabal and comparing her to kabal is a stupid fool hardy move.
shes doesnt have the zoning or rush down of kabal for it to be even close.
kabal was comfortable anywhere on the screen wonder woman is ass full screen.
people speaking of f3 as a mix ups that move is reactable and slow use it can be good if you condition them not to wake up but in my opinion wonder woman is over rated and its now people are starting to see she was never top 5.
most character have f3 that cross its universal not specific to wonder woman.