What's new

Would you play in tournaments if there was No Money in it for you?

Would you play in tournaments if there was No Money in it for you?

• Hell Yeah I'mma $ digga

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Na bruv, it's for the game yo

Votes: 20 90.9%

• Total voters

gdf

Noob
If you're looking for money, get a job, it's guaranteed and has long-term benefits. This, of course, is a general statement to the community not directed at OP.

I joined this community because I only knew two other people than my brother that would play Mortal Kombat with me offline. People that enjoyed playing MK for what it was without any strings attached other than props, are the genuine articles that I root for every tournament. Some people showed up for different reasons(including money), but they can be left to their own devices as long as they aren't destructive to the goal of playing NRS titles offline with other people.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
No they're not. People won't pay $10 to enter MK because "they'd get bodied" by the KKK simply because they don't use a top tier. That excuse isn't used by everyone, but this topic came up before. Apparently after spending money/time to go to a tournament the extra $10 will break you.
I think that's more about people not wanting to compete unless they're in shape and can compete well, rather than just entering to play horribly and have a piss-poor showing that they don't really get anything out of anyway. As someone who's highly competitive, I can understand the mindset 100%.

Not everyone will feel that way, but I can't really blame the people who do.