What's new

Would you like to see the new characters return for MK11?

Would you like to see any of the new characters return in the next MK?

• No, none of them

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Yes, all of them

Votes: 64 50.4%
  • Yes, but only Cassie

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Yes, but only Erron Black

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Yes, but only the Earthrealm newcomers

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Yes, but only the Outworld newcomers

Votes: 26 20.5%
  • Yes, but only ______ (specify)

Votes: 19 15.0%

• Total voters
Calling it now... ferra will be the new Brute and she'll have her own new rider like she was for tore...

Referring back the their story line ending

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Jacqui needs to get Jax's moveset and replace him.
Takeda needs to replace Scorpion FOR GOOD.
I don't know how to put into words how bad of a suggestion both of these are. Takeda is a decent design, but to remove the most iconic character in the game's history for a high-pitched, somewhat annoying kid would be suicide on NRS' part. People love Scorpion. And Jacqui is honestly pretty bland. Jax is fucking badass and I'd prefer an 87 year old Jax doing Gotcha Grabs than Jacqui any day.

Kotal, Ferra/Torr, Cassie, D'Vorah are all INCREDIBLE designs and characters, though.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
would like to see erron, kotal, d'vorah and cassie return. i cant see netherrealm taking mks first gay character out after 1 game though

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Yeah, sounds fine.

Ferra/Torr especially. I find them very underrated.

I still think Jacqui and Cassie are complete wastes of slots though.

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
looks at avatar

In my defense, she wanted to kill Shinnok. But I meant being a traitor, which I find unoriginal, and I can't get myself to like her for that. As opposed to Quan Chi for instance, who did the same thing but way better, or Tanya, I don't get why those characters are suddenly not at all like that in this game, and they gave that role to D'Vorah.

I don't really care about the characters, but by god I want to see some fucking Mortal Kombat! What the fuck NRS, you just going to leave that out? Honestly, they should never have killed all the characters in the last game. It was unnecessary and stupid. They could've let some die, but I wish they would go in a different direction with the story. The story in this game seemed so dull and lackluster.

Oh, but the actual characters I don't like that much. Ferra/Torr doesn't seem like an NRS type of character at all. D'Vorah is cool. The kids are all kind of replicate their parents moves and seem more like a variation of their parent characters. To me they're a waste of character slots for more interesting characters. Kung jin is cool though.

I partially agree but only because of the 4 new Earthrealm characters

The outworld baddies are some of the best designs in MK, I think
yeah all the new outworld characters are perfect, i dont really like the new kids much should of just done cassie and takeda, but i have a feeling we will get all the characters we want later on, i mean everyone loves smoke noob etc they'll be dlc i reckon but not for a long while, they're probably doing this to make the life cycle of the game much longer, just business i guess

edit:
also the outworld characters didnt even get a proper story like erron black or ferra torr i probably would have played them much more then, i just dont feel connected to them cause i know nothing bout em

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
It's not like it's really up to us anyway. I was disappointed with the roster to begin with, but I've learned to accept it and enjoy the game. I thought that if the character was popular more than likely the character would return, but that wasn't the case with this roster. Smoke and Cyrax are some notable absences that I thought had a big enough following to find a spot on this roster. NRS is a bit random when it comes to picking a roster and such.

haketh

Noob
We definitely need all the new characters back to see them further develop. I especially wanna see more with the Outworld Crew including Reptile & Ermac. They got super shafted when it comes to development outside of D'Vorah & I wanna know more about what makes them tick.

I never liked sonya or johnny so I had hope that cassie would replace them (and still do)
jaqui I'm indifferent to, but I've always been indifferent to jax too
D'vorah is my main and I really want her back but I don't see many future story options for her
Ferra torr bland design almost no story should get rid of
Erron lots of story options I could see him coming back
Kung Jin sure he's an ass but we need that sometimes
Kotal was such a badass in the comics truly worthy of the kahn title, not sure what happened in game
takada, so disappointed, a new member of the shri ryu he should have been the coolest thing ever, he needs to leave forever

am I forgetting anyone?

ThaJyesta

Ferra does the rhyme, all the time
I definitely want to see Ferra back (I think it'd be cool if they follow Ferra/Torr's ending and she's now the Brute with a new rider, but I'd hate to have her be silent :(). Also, I'd want Jacqui to replace Jax and be more Jax-like and Cassie to absorb either Sonya or Johnny (or both). Everybody else is kinda up in the air, I'd like to see D'vorah come back, but I'd probably be fine with the rest of the Special Ops kiddos being gone.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
The only new character I'd like the return of in Mk11 is D'Vorah. They need to develop some of their other characters. Maybe try something with new characters or bring back an old character but vastly different from how they were in the other timeline. I don't care to have reincarnations of characters. It bothered me that they had the originals and the reincarnates. Feels like doubles of characters. Wasted character slots, wasted potential. Variation system was a bit of a bust for me too.