What's new

Would you like Brutalities to be difficult to perform in MKX?

Classic Input for Brutalities?

• Yes

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 25.0%

• Total voters
something great would be a brutality recurring you to win without losing more than 25% of your life bar in the last round. this will bring a lot of hype to it

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
I voted NO...then looked at the OP.

Brutatlies in MKT weren't hard (at least for my teenage mind back in the day), they were FUN as HELL to input and learn. I LOVED them the way they were back then, and I hope they are the same in MKX.

Pressing a "down, down, X" for a Brutality just wouldn't carry the same weight as the OG sequence of the old game.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Brutalities were the hardest finishers to perform, in the sense that they were over 10 buttons to hit in a specific order.

Example:

Stryker MKT Brutality
HP,HP,HP,BL,LP,HP,HP,HP,BL,LP,HP or
2, 2, 2, BL, 1, 2, 2, 2, BL, 1, 2
Btw this brutality is wrong, stryker was:
HP, LP, HK, LK, HP, LP, LK, HK, HP, LK or
2, 1, 4, 3, 2, 1, 3, 4, 2, 3

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Yeah, I would like them to distinguish themselves from fatalities in this respect.
I'm also hoping they wind up being more elaborate than they were in MKT and such, rather than just a series of punches and kicks. Working in the characters powers and such would be really awesome to see, and make for a really nice transition of brutalities into this new era of sick-as-shit graphics and fatality animations.

How about winning with less than 25%?
no how would that be hype ? if you win with less than 25% life it mean that you were about to lose . but if you win without losing 25% of your life it mean you destroyed your opponent

another idea would be winning with your full meter without using it

E

Eldriken

Make 'em difficult to do. Maybe that fact will make me a little less salty if I ever get hit with one. I might even tell someone "Good job!" if this is the case.

I wonder what the requirement would be.

I hope for 2 rounds to none, match winning round must be a flawless, and "hard" input.
Where did you get that Kitana image you have?

andddd I would like to have classic brutality like in snes umk3 yo do 11 imputs and then the rest of the hits come out.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
No. Already way too much memorization as it is. Hmm was that combo F321b1123f2211f3f1 or was it 321f112b3f dash 11f2? I have a millisecond to remember or I get punished. Yes im in the minority but why not just have fatalities and brutes just be one simple command for all characters? Tap block 2 times...there, fatality. Ha ha flame on, I guess im just lazy.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
No. Already way too much memorization as it is. Hmm was that combo F321b1123f2211f3f1 or was it 321f112b3f dash 11f2? I have a millisecond to remember or I get punished. Yes im in the minority but why not just have fatalities and brutes just be one simple command for all characters? Tap block 2 times...there, fatality. Ha ha flame on, I guess im just lazy.
Then performing a brutality would serve no purpose. There was a reason people enjoyed babies, because it was something they had to work for. Brutalities should be the same, they should be difficult to perform.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I would like 2 inputs for brutalities, an "not so easy but doable without too much practice" one for casual player and common people, so they can do it whenever they want with some practice (banned for tounament play); and a "very hard muscle memory on point one frame nightmare", so IF the winner of a match in a tournament can pull it out then it would feel absolutely rewarding and people would yell like crazy euphoric men.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I think there should be a MODE that will allow players to set certain things to:
Competitive MODE
and
Casual MODE

That way scrubs wont crybaby that they are not able to perform certain things!
Totally agree... but the last part hurt me a little :(.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I would like 2 inputs for brutalities, an "not so easy but doable without too much practice" one for casual player and common people, so they can do it whenever they want with some practice (banned for tounament play); and a "very hard muscle memory on point one frame nightmare", so IF the winner of a match in a tournament can pull it out then it would feel absolutely rewarding and people would yell like crazy euphoric men.
Why? Just it make it one universal system like every thing else. No need to waste time making things " casual friendly " if people want to do it, they will learn to do it.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Because if it will be hard to do for tournament players then I would imagine it would be almost prohibitive for the 99% that don't play it competitively.
You mean like Babalities? It should be a reward, regardless of level of play. If it's something "easy" to do, then it's not worth the time to do it.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
You mean like Babalities? It should be a reward, regardless of level of play. If it's something "easy" to do, then it's not worth the time to do it.
Babalities where not hard per se, it depended against who you were playing, I for example did some babalities to my brother, it doesn't mean I'm not a casual, but if we are going to talk about precise one or two frame inputs that rely on a heavily trained muscle memory then it will be prohibitive for the 99%.