What's new

Worst Youtube Comments on a Fighting game?

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
Pig did rage quit though.....first match. Fox could have dropped that corner combo and he could have come back. It was HIGHLY unlikely, but why not play it out on the chance it could happen? There's a reason why real master comebacks are a thing.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
This seriously needs to be fixed. I'm for real getting salty seeing these people say stupid shit. As a community can we PLEASE make some good informational videos about playing games competitively?

Tbh this will help our community to grow too. Matter of fact I'm gonna address this and a suggestion in a new thread tomorrow.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
The thing I hate about people when it comes to stuff like this is they don't even doubt themselves. Can I be wrong? Is it because I lack the knowledge to judge this properly? Do I have scrub vision? Nah son, I'd beat Pigs ass free. Dunning kruger effect is in full force.
Well, to be fair, unless they're doing some sort of flashy tech, it doesn't look too impressive to someone who doesn't understand why top players do what they do.

I know when I was new to fighters I saw Melee tournament videos (From before wavedashing was discovered) and thought "Heh, these guys don't look that great. My buddy and I could probably take them."
It wasn't until I finally attended a tournament that I realized that it had only looked scrubby to me because I didn't understand why they did what they did.

Thank god I had the wisdom to not talk trash before attending a tournament XD

EDIT:

Also I think Rickyraws was right... Why is it that the people at my locals with this mentality rage at just about ANY character other people use, but never ever at my Joker? I'm constantly placing; give me your rage damn it!

Billy Dha Kid

Day 1 phenomenal grab immune
On the tyrant vs ppj NEC grandfinal video where Tyrant lost some dude said
"All these people praising hawkgirl...despite what you see here, she's at the bottom of the ladder. Her arsenal is terrible compared to Supes, Bats, Lantern, Adam (even post-patch), etc.

This guy took one of the best characters in the game and lost, because he lacked fundamentals. Moral of the story? Someone with skill equal to skill of ppj would have been able to easily win every match with both lifebars up."

Moral of this story is the person who commented this comment is a dumbass saying Tyrant lacks fundamentals

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Some of the comments for the MK grand finals.

"I go to see Professionals play and instead They spam moves. Is that what EVO is. Because I'm new to this but Spamming moves is cheating, is it not?"

"So the tournaments allow spamming?"

"Would beat his ass hard with Ermac"

"ppl still play this shit ?"

"Sonic is a spammer"

"His do I enter the tournament this guy looks and easy mode player"

"This is NOT the actual speed of the game. Have they got this on turbo mode?"

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
This is making me nostalgic for all the randoms sending messages when injustice came out over a year ago. My predictive text response was tym's website address. Got a couple of thank you messages months later.

jbthrash

Nut Breaker
This is really just pissing me off. It reminds me of EVO 2013 when DJT lost. The youtube commenters said he was a bad Green Lantern.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
To be fair, I do wonder that the lack of decent training modes has at least a small part to play. Being even semi decent at fighting games has always involved a huge investment of time and reading up. There's a reason why the majority just pick up an easy mode character and learn a couple of basic tactics. It's difficult to evolve beyond that mentality for a lot of players, and far easier to say 'well they won because x' rather than actually thinking about why they lost.

Having recently played KI for the first time, the training mode really is on another level. It's clearly unrealistic to expect a new player to understand the finer points of zoning when it's never explained to them. One part of the KI training gave 5 different options for dealing with a simple fireball. It's something that they've obviously spent a lot of time thinking about, and should be adopted by other franchises. More educated players can only lead to a better overall level.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
"Oh, so you jab me and I fly back upwards? Yeah that makes sense... That's so cheap, how can I defend that? Freaking NRS can't make a good game for shit"

"I'd be good at this game too if I didn't have a life. Brb going to have sex with my girlfriend"

"Pig is such a spammer, but I guess that's what you have to do against bitch ass combo spammers like sonic fox"

- ShadowBeatz

Last edited:

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
AAAAAAAALL the "Punisher026" comments and the fake Punisher026's account comments about his Liu Kang being better than everyone else's - especially XBlades' Kang...
Those Kang comments were hilarious !
Those egos...

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
"Oh, so you jab me and I fly back upwards? Yeah that makes sense... That's so cheap, how can I defend that? Freaking NRS can't make a good game for shit"

"I'd be good at this game too if I didn't have a life. Brb going to have sex with my girlfriend"

"Pig is such a spammer, but I guess that's what you have to do against bitch ass combo spammers like sonic fox"

- ShadowBeatz

Oh God...I was playing in a lobby on Vanilla Marvel vs Capcom 3 in its first months and had beaten a guy 3 times in the room with Wolverine/Ryu/Sentinel and everyone was just generally chatting. I drop my next match to someone else who he accidently happy birthday supered and beat with chip. Then he announces he'd "keep playing but his woman wants him now after that and he was going to leave to have sex with his girlfriend" and then proceeded to lord over those "losers who must play constantly" in the room who had beaten him.

*eyeroll*

Makes me wish there was a universal term for guys who lose forever, win one, and then quit after posturing.
At least smash has the "No Johns" thing.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Here was a good one I caught on the GF IGAU vid about Pig, "
To be fair after watching Pig play MK at a previous Evo he does frustrate me a bit. The highest combo you will see out of his Kenshi is 20-26%. I understand he made it far in the tournament but I have a hard time respecting him as a player considering how spam happy he is at least in MK.

Before y'all say it I understand what zoning is, but to me if all you do is zone then you may be "good" but you are not worthy of respect. Again not talking about him in terms of Injustice."

I hate people who think that tourneys players are only there to entertain them on stream!