What's new

Match-up Discussion Wonder Woman Match-Up Discussion

The Highlander

There can be only one
Any opinions on Wonder Woman's bad matchups?
lots of opinions, don't know if any of them are correct though. WW has so many tools it's pretty damn even across the board. I personally would say that sinestro is a bad match up, other than that it's hard to say. I feel like batman is, although the player with the most batman experience says it's even so I'm probably just playing it wrong. Um GL is a major dick, definitley relitivley even but still annoying as hell. Personally any character with the ability to harass WW from full screen (like harley and deathstroke) is a pain to fight but that's just a test of my patience rather than a disadvantage matchup.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
lots of opinions, don't know if any of them are correct though. WW has so many tools it's pretty damn even across the board. I personally would say that sinestro is a bad match up, other than that it's hard to say. I feel like batman is, although the player with the most batman experience says it's even so I'm probably just playing it wrong. Um GL is a major dick, definitley relitivley even but still annoying as hell. Personally any character with the ability to harass WW from full screen (like harley and deathstroke) is a pain to fight but that's just a test of my patience rather than a disadvantage matchup.
Right, that's the vibe I'm getting too from watching streams and reading things here. It seems like WoWo and Flash are two characters with (as far as anyone can tell) no real counters. Despite this they haven't been placing much which is a testament to how much we still don't know about this game.

The Highlander

There can be only one
Right, that's the vibe I'm getting too from watching streams and reading things here. It seems like WoWo and Flash are two characters with (as far as anyone can tell) no real counters. Despite this they haven't been placing much which is a testament to how much we still don't know about this game.
Yea I think it might be a mix of the fact that no one with the technical skill has picked her up in the US, since it takes a lot of good decisions to use the right tools, and the fact that we have to chase characters down the whole time whereas other top characters all have some kind of zoning tool with which they can keep a lifelead. Ugh completley forgot about Zod, that one is not much fun either...

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
patience lol
and d3 :]

Any opinions on Wonder Woman's bad matchups?
What bad match ups? Only matchup I'd place on the "Show some respect" list of matches is Zod; but only because he has so many options against WW just because of the fact that he can zone Wonder Woman full screen all day. This matters because WW is godly upfront (this is why she goes even with the entire cast; once she's in, she's tough and her game is constantly going). If WW can't get close easily enough then it's going to be a tough fight. Honestly you have to block accordingly and try to IADG if you ever get the chance. Avoid double dashing and parry when you can. This might be kind of tough for you to do now but you can Air demigoddess through his fireballs (MB) in the air. Air dashes also get punished really well by Zod. When you do get in close, he doesn't really have a reliable OH, so you can almost always block low.

IA air dashes (or low air dashes) are freaking sick as hell on Zod, so if you can work that out to get them out, it's godsend. His charge is insanely punishable so don't ever let him throw it out for free. Crossing up works on wakeup but you risk the chance of Zod charging and being out of your range again so be wary. Don't forget that tiara can help you up close to stop trait activation, zoning, etc when you're in Diana's "deadzone." If you're close enough it could even lead to a full combo. Keep your mind open and Diana's infinite possibilities refreshed.

DarkPage

Noob
Im sure this is probably known but in case not, you can backdash the last hit of martians 222, not sure what to do with it tho cause doesnt seem like i can punish

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Lol please ww not having bad mus is ridiculous
Yeah nothing so drastic but she does have a hard time with very strong zoners. Especially someone like Lex who negates a lot of her pressure game. And little side note for WW frame data:

On the 3RD frame after a jump(for everyone), you are allowed to input something. This means that at point blank range, an IADG will connect on the 18th frame. From a greater distance, such as max distance for IADG to hit, 15f till impact increases to around 20-21f. Add up the 3f jump delay and at best, you're getting a 20f(taking into account the split second it takes to react to what you see) special if it IS instant on "reaction", which lbsh, I find hard to see being done. At best you check them and are left at a safe but not advantage position

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
So two thoughts:

- Why has the OP not been edited and cleaned up? All that fancy image/spoiler tag organization gone to waste.
- Is there a general consensus of unfavorable matchups for WW? They can't be all 5-5.

lex, batman, and green lantern are tougher because they can just derp runaway and spam projectiles... the rest are ok.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
lex, batman, and green lantern are tougher because they can just derp runaway and spam projectiles... the rest are ok.
So unfavorable:

- Lex
- Batman
- Green Lantern

Reasons: "Derp runaway and projectile spam". Can we get a bit more specific? How then is Superman, Deathstroke, Harley, Raven, Shazam, Ares, Zatanna, Zod, Aquaman, and Cyborg? What about armor characters like Bane, Grundy, and Doomsday?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
So unfavorable:

- Lex
- Batman
- Green Lantern

Reasons: "Derp runaway and projectile spam". Can we get a bit more specific? How then is Superman, Deathstroke, Harley, Raven, Shazam, Ares, Zatanna, Zod, Aquaman, and Cyborg? What about armor characters like Bane, Grundy, and Doomsday?
IMO her only problematic MU's are Zod, Lex & Sinestro! & by problematic i mean 4-6. Maybe Lex 3-7....
Special mentions to Harley, GL & MMH, they are annoying af but all 5-5 Imo.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
@rev0lver thoughts on this lex being bad for Diana thing? Do you agree? Also gl is even imo, and "he can throw projectiles" is not enough to convince me that's it's bad.