What's new

Winter Brawl 9 shoutouts

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I realize it's early and the tournament is still ongoing, but my time there is done so I'm going to get my stuff out of the way while it's fresh on my mind.

The event was typical of what I've come to expect from the east coast majors. Lots of hype for the bigger games and generally very nice people to boot. Oh yeah, I won MK2. Go me. Unfortunately, there were quite a number of negative aspects to the event as well (most of which ended up being resolved.) Without turning this into a bitchfest, let's just summarize and say that communication and time management needs to be better. That said, let's get to my shoutouts. I don't have a whole lot to offer, but here it goes:

@Shock Thank you as always for making these events possible for NRS games. Thank you for showing up despite the bad weather this weekend. And thank you for participating in the MK2 event. I was impressed with your Kitana and how effortlessly you were able to get Kitana's IAF down. I only know of two others that can nail it that easily.

@Mikemetroid thanks for participating in the MK2 event last night. I'm glad you liked the wheel and I was laughing pretty hard watching you hold onto those baseballs while playing with a pad. You still managed to get a flawless regardless! Your game has gotten quite a bit better since the last time we played. Good thing we weren't playing on UMK2 or the result may have been different. I haven't touched the MK2 TE at all since the hack was released.

@BigE Thanks for putting together yet another great event for all the fighting gamers out there. We are indebted to you.

@btbb99 Sorry you couldn't make it to the event despite being only 5 minutes from your house, but I know other things take priority sometimes. Always a pleasure to meet up with and talk to you about MK related stuff and non gaming related things too. Good luck in your next venture in the FGC.

@RM GamerBlake It was nice to finally run into you after all this time on the forums. Didn't get a chance to watch you play, but I heard your popoff after a victory last night so I know you must have been doing pretty well! Keep on doing what you do.

Last but not least, @9.95. Even though you couldn't attend for obvious reasons, you played a major role in helping to make the MK2 event a possibility. If I ever come back out for another event, I will take you up on your offer. Hopefully you got a chance to watch the stream for a bit.

Lastly, I am announcing my retirement from competitive classic MK. I've done all that I can possibly do within my means to generate buzz and hype for the game I love, but it is what it is and it's time to move on. I will always be a member of this site and a contributor to the community and the staff, but if I want the recognition I've been craving so badly it is obvious to me that I will have to seek it in the modern era. I will be moving over to the Tekken series full-time with the upcoming release of Tekken 7. Ive loved the franchise since Tekken 3 and I know I can jump back into that without an issue. I could always change my mind and jump into MKX, but my heart needs to be fully invested in it.

So far, Winter Brawl is my tournament. I had super duper FUN !!! Even though I didn't make top 8 for INJ. I made top 4 for MK. Without the games the experience was lovely. I played casuals with many people. Watched the CLOSET matches of my life. I even commentated for like an hour maybe ! I met some pro sf players like dimenion? Smug, Sanford, and Ricky Ortiz ! To some you may just be like," They're just sf players." But for me it was a huge thing, because I'm picking up SF and I'm struggling a little thinking that I'm not skillful enough. Only to hear them say, "Your playing just fine. If you knew the MU, you'd be totally fine." Which made me wanna strive harder for street fighter. Even though I'm not getting ps4.
I also had fun coaching people and then seeing them win. Not to say that me coaching them automatically gave them the win. But to see them use my tips and get the win from it. Like I helped Decay out two to three times and every time I did, he made a comeback.
Also man Big thanks to Shock, Big E, and other staff members as well for running a great tournament. I wanna tag so many people but I don't feel like so I'm just gonna shout them out.
Decay
Bio Hazard
Grr
Salt Face (Too Funny)
Mike(Very good Cage)
Gamer Blake
Some mk9 players
Ray Riazy?
My mom n gmom as always
Honey Bee for possibly bringing us one of the hypest matches of INJ'S time. And he dress cool :)
And sonic fox.
Again, big thanks to all ! I had alot of fun

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I would love for the MK trilogy players here to get involved with MKX...hint hint. Glad you guys had fun though!

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Instead of just messing with @FOREVER EL1TE ill actually do some shout outs too lol

Shout outs to:
@DarthArma
@Indecisive
@Decay @KDZ
Its always a plesure seeing you guys, i swear eventually ill beat you in tournament

@nobrows nice seeing you again and ill remember u i promise

@BlackBryan good playing u again my archest and blackest rival lol

@HoneyBee always cool to see you man next time we gotta run a set.

@RM_Biohazard nice seeing u too man and getting bodied by your bane spend that $5 on something nice

@RM Cossner our money match was truely epic

@Empress_Fantasy great meeting you as well next time we have to zatanna mirror

@RM GamerBlake great to finally meet u man u played great.

@Captain Oxygen nice meeting you and playing u in casuals!

@Benbeeach MY N....buddy always nice to see u brutha

@anyone i didnt mention sorry if i didnt shout you out i honestly probably just forgot your name....nect time do a cartwheel or something so i remember u :p

Last edited:
Instead of just messing with @FOREVER EL1TE ill actually do some shout outs too lol

Shout outs to:
@DarthArma
@Indecisive
@Decay @KDZ
Its always a plesure seeing you guys, i swear eventually ill beat you in tournament

@nobrows nice seeing you again and ill remember u i promise

@BlackBryan good playing u again my archest and blackest rival lol

@HoneyBee always cool to see you man next time we gotta run a set.

@RM_Biohazard nice seeing u too man and getting bodied by your bane spend that $5 on something nice

@RM Cossner our money match was truely epic

@Empress_Fantasy great meeting you as well next time we have to zatanna mirror

@RM GamerBlake great to finally meet u man u played great.

@Captain Oxygen nice meeting you and playing u in casuals!

@Benbeeach MY N....buddy always nice to see u brutha

@anyone i didnt mention sorry if i didnt shout you out i honestly probably just forgot your name....nect time do a cartwheel or something so i remember u :p
you guys gotta come down for
http://testyourmight.com/threads/may-2-2015-paradise-found-mkx-sm4sh-usf4-igau-ki-princeton-new-jersey.48479/

MKx will be out! You guys can come to my place, and ride down with me to the trip isnt so bad for you.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
@MKillBill thank you so much for putting this together, and honestly, I would love to try it again sometime if you're willing to hold off retirement or make an exception during the MKX hype. It's very difficult to get classic MK players to show up during this Injustice era of NRS games. There was only one UMK3 tournament all year and it was at my local event 3 days before the end of the year. I want to apologize to you again, for how late things ran and how hard it was to get the idea off the ground, as I've been incredibly busy the last few months. It's hard enough to gather players to play in a regular tournament for MKII right now, but I think showing off this concept really made for something interesting that players down the road would be willing to try, and I think we can come with some more creative things. Overall, I was annoyed that we were downgraded on space which almost prevented us from being able to do it at all but I managed to squeeze out the extra setup. Those damn PS3 controllers are a real bitch to get working and stay working as well.

Anyways, always good to see you, and I would definitely like to try this again at Summer Jam!

Shout outs to every else for now until I get back here maybe tomorrow, but I'll probably forget.

I'm uploading videos to youtube.com/kombatnetwork now

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Had a blast at Winter Brawl! It's always nice seeing familiar faces come together to play some vidya games.

Shout outs:

@RM GamerBlake @RM xSTRANGERx @RM Indecisive
@FOREVER EL1TE @DarthArma @Decay @Grr @RM Cossner @RM_Biohazard @HoneyBee, the entire RM Team who was there. You guys played awesome and we're getting stronger by the minute.

@ChatterBox, it was good playing casuals with you and meeting you

@Furbe, it was good meeting you and you telling me I was free while you were drunk (then losing to me in a FT5 :D )

@Empress_Fantasy, I'm sorry for eliminating you from tournament the last two big e events I went to :(

@RDK|Tyrant for free-ing me up in the grundy mirror.

@Mikemetroid and @Ray Riazy, it's always good to see you two again!

Sorry if I forgot anyone!

@AVN PTH jonnitti <3

And @RM NoBrows Brows! I'll see you soon for AJ's next event!

Shoutouts to RM for being the best? :)

@Decay for being my drunk/act like a fool buddy.

@Empress_Fantasy for taking my 5 bucks and telling me I'm one of her favorite people she's ever met at a tourney.

Shout outs to @Shock for the endless amount of work he puts in to making the streams amazing.. As ALWAYS.

Shout outs to @Furbe and his girl.

Shout outs to @Mikemetroid and @Ray Riazy for doing a great job as TO's.

Shout outs to ShinTristan for the saucy sweet.

Shout outs to @BigE for another awesome event!

If I missed you in this list.. You suck. (Kidding.)

And shout outs to @RM GamerBlake for being the best co-leader ever and for placing 3rd in MK and Top 16 in KI.

Shout outs to @HoneyBee for almost taking down a @SonicFox5000. And for him, @RM_Biohazard, and @Cossner letting us all play in their room!

And shout outs to @SonicFox5000 for wining MK and Igau.

And to @CDJr for getting second in KI!

Shout outs to @DarthArma, @KDZ, @RM Indecisive, and @FOREVER EL1TE for just being awesome.

Last edited:
Okay my Winter brawl Shoutouts!

Shoutout to @Decay for being my boo, Coaching me, helping me with everything he's ever done, making this weekend awesome and for coming 4th!

Shoutout to @RM xSTRANGERx lol where do i start... for being the funniest person I have met at a tournament besides Jon Nitti. Giving me my future RM name IF i ever joined.. "Rm Gameshark. For making me win my first money match ever and i wont money match no one else so forever undefeated Kappa. For being a godlike coach with me. And being my pastor when I get married.

Shoutout to @HoneyBee for coming 2nd! Big win for you man. And being on Team Canada with me. Glad you could make it this time!

Shoutout to @RM_Biohazard for coming out aswell. Congrats on making top 8 once again! You deserved it! #Team Canada

Shoutout to @Mikemetroid for running the tournament, taking godlike selfies with me, always a blast with you man!

Shoutout to @Ray Riazy for running the brackets aswell, for being a godlike stairwell dancer, just being hilarious you and your brother are good times.

Shoutout to @Emperor SaltFace for coming all the way from ATL and giving me my birthday present! I really love it! Thanks so much! You shouldve entered injustice though!!!!!!

Shoutout to @AVN PTH jonnitti for being fucking awesome. Putting on a godlike cosplay show with me (we totally killed it) Best cosplayer out there!

Shoutout to @RM GamerBlake for letting me listen to that godlike speech at the diner. For coming 3rd in the tournament, Congrats!!!!

Shoutout to @RM NoBrows for kicking my butt again in the tournament :( it was lots of fun though!

Shoutout to @Furbe for letting me have some grey goose and for being hilarious drunk lol!

Shoutout to @RM Indecisive for our godlike match we had! And finishing my food for me Kappa

Shoutout to @imblackjames for finally meeting you and yes Zatanna mirrors next time! Awesome Lex

Shoutout to anyone else i missed, its always fun seeing you guys @KDZ , @DarthArma , @FOREVER EL1TE @RM Cossner

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!

Shoutout to @Decay for being my boo, Coaching me, helping me with everything he's ever done, making this weekend awesome and for coming 4th!

Shoutout to @RM xSTRANGERx lol where do i start... for being the funniest person I have met at a tournament besides Jon Nitti. Giving me my future RM name IF i ever joined.. "Rm Gameshark. For making me win my first money match ever and i wont money match no one else so forever undefeated Kappa. For being a godlike coach with me. And being my pastor when I get married.

Shoutout to @HoneyBee for coming 2nd! Big win for you man. And being on Team Canada with me. Glad you could make it this time!

Shoutout to @RM_Biohazard for coming out aswell. Congrats on making top 8 once again! You deserved it! #Team Canada

Shoutout to @Mikemetroid for running the tournament, taking godlike selfies with me, always a blast with you man!

Shoutout to @Ray Riazy for running the brackets aswell, for being a godlike stairwell dancer, just being hilarious you and your brother are good times.

Shoutout to @Emperor SaltFace for coming all the way from ATL and giving me my birthday present! I really love it! Thanks so much! You shouldve entered injustice though!!!!!!

Shoutout to @AVN PTH jonnitti for being fucking awesome. Putting on a godlike cosplay show with me (we totally killed it) Best cosplayer out there!

Shoutout to @RM GamerBlake for letting me listen to that godlike speech at the diner. For coming 3rd in the tournament, Congrats!!!!

Shoutout to @RM NoBrows for kicking my butt again in the tournament :( it was lots of fun though!

Shoutout to @Furbe for letting me have some grey goose and for being hilarious drunk lol!

Shoutout to @RM Indecisive for our godlike match we had! And finishing my food for me Kappa

Shoutout to @imblackjames for finally meeting you and yes Zatanna mirrors next time! Awesome Lex

Shoutout to anyone else i missed, its always fun seeing you guys @KDZ , @DarthArma , @FOREVER EL1TE @RM Cossner
Are game was good. You have gotten so much better since the last time we played. Also Im part of the Clean plate club. I also try to help people join the club as well.

Don't forget to dress as Starfire at the next tournament we meet at!!!! So i can take pictures with you. Like 10000000 of them