What's new

Winter Brawl 9 Pools

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
If you change the brakets your rigging .
it .. If money wasnt on the line then rigg all you want . But dont be unfair to others
These are the preliminary brackets. If you change them while the tournament is happening then yeah but this ones are obviously not the final ones. I know this is not your first tournament, why are you acting like it is?

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
How does seeding even work? Like legit question. I never understood player seeding. I understand Region seeding. But basically from what i gather if you do good enough you are seeded away from good players? Is that accurate or off?
It is pretty basic bracketology. Good players (as judged by the past performances) get rewarded with better seeding. (I.e, further away from other good players). This in turn balances the brackets and is actually more fair to all players. Generally speaking, good players who are seeded tend to make it out because they are good. This way the best more evenly skilled fights happen in top16 and top 8 then top 4 ect... The unknown player gets their chance at upsetting a good player durring pools, not durring top 16/8. I guess there could be a pool filled with unknown average players, then two unknown players make it out while another stacked pool has several good players not make it out. But then those unknown average players just get theri shit pushed in later as opposed to sooner. (Basically if they will win then they would win in pools). This way preserves a good tournament standard. There is always 2-3 players who can make it our of pools in each pool so there will always be disappointment for some, then there are a bunch of people who can't make it out of pools, but they still get their shot at good players and other average players. If one day they become good enough and beat everyone else in pools consistently, then they will probably start getting seeded.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
also seeding in this tournament could possibly be kinda weird due to the fact that there are so many people that aren't pre registered that are probably going to be in there. don't think i saw any of the VA boys in there and id be very surprised if they dont come

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
What are you smoking

Indy, imagine that in pool A you have Reo, SonicFox and Theo. In Pool B you have Little Timmy, Someone's Dad and Bob. Top 8 would be SonicFox vs Someone's Dad. Makes no sense!

Seeds help spread the skilled players through every pool. It's a fair way of keeping pools balanced.
I got 2-1 odds on Foreverking's Dad making top 8.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
as pools stand.... predictions!

A. W Fox
L Elite

B. W Gamerblake
L Lifter

C. W Bio
L Decay

D. W Honeybee
L Cossner

Damn an all RM top eight :eek:

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
On the contrary, I think we should have 8 pools only if we DONT have enough for 8 pools.

Less than 8 pools = Injustice is over! Damn you jonnitti and your true intentions of destroying injustice!!!!!!
WHY ARENT YOU IN THE POOLS