Why you should be excited for MKX in two months

I am one of those players who are new and want to learn this game
lets see how far I can get lol
for the shaolin!

Reactions: REO

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
i dont expect any of those first year frauds to do good again at all
If you knew...he stopped competing after the first year also shut up don't call him a fraud he's a good buddy of mine and I've played him recently offline and his skills have NOT diminished

getting me mad heated. It's also idiotic to make a statement that some people wont do well before then same is released.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This thread is Spot on, as i said before, the Angola Community is so hype that they're willing to do the first tournament with a demo version of the game.

This will be monumental indeed, even Erik Warda, the Kabal who started all IMO is saying that he will be back too.

I expect Michaelangelo to return in a big way

The competition will be extremely fierce and those who want it more will come out on top
Thanks pig. I can't wait to see you at tournaments and play a game I'm most passionate about. It's going to be fun uniting with all the MK players again! I'm looking forward to giving this game my all and seeing how everyone else does.

Good write-up R.E.O. to segway us into this new era & breed of Kombat.

I'll be perfectly honest. When it came to MK9, I could never give it my all. In my humble opinion, it's presentation regarding mostly character art design, roster & washed out colors turned me off from wanting to get good at the game on a high level. I know many of you will not agree with me about this, and will only look at gameplay for importance, but I just can't fully get into a game, that I can not fully appreciate visually.

I think some of you may relate to this with Injustice and it's universe, and why you may not have played it. Or with other games like Japanese doujin fighters for instance. Though at the and of the day it's all about preference, which I'm sure many understand this.

Regardless, I always came back to play it casually because of the gameplay, which is very fun. As many of you know how stylistically different each characters' moveset played & felt from one to another. And while minimal, it was the first fighter I begin to learn things about (terminology being one), especially with help from this community. Other than that, developers have a always done a good job of giving each iteration in the series a dark tone & presentation, with stage & audio design for instance. MK9 and MKX are no exception.

MKX is looking phenomonal and I only hope there are tons of practice features and tutorials. That way players can spend less time in the lab trying to figure out movement property. And more time working on strategies and execution.

I'm glad NRS is including frame data in the move lists. Other things I'd hope to see for move/string information are, hit levels, damage output, hitbox, hit effects (such as knockdown, pushback positioning on screen, etc.)hit range & tracking. If possible via an 'in-move-list' menu toggle. Along with hitboxes displayed around characters that show & highlight the startup, active & recovery frames per move. This would make MKX a dream game for many. @colt

Last edited:

BRUTALITY

Banned
If you knew...he stopped competing after the first year also shut up don't call him a fraud he's a good buddy of mine and I've played him recently offline and his skills have NOT diminished

getting me mad heated. It's also idiotic to make a statement that some people wont do well before then same is released.
bro no need to catch a feeling, nothing personal but i tire of hearing about the glory of the early players and how theyd accomplish XYZ if they still played or whatever claim ppl will make about them. i think it discredits the ppl who continued to play and support the game and their accomplishments. if ya boi is so great lets see him do great, no point getting heated.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I've been playing MK with him since 2004. Hes not a capcom player
That doesn't change the fact that he moved over to the Capcom community and wasn't a part of the nuclear MK9 crowd.

People do make choices and changes in life. For example Bit used to play Tekken years ago -- that doesn't mean he's currently considered a part of the Tekken community..

Last edited: