What's new

Why is Zod top 5 ?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
What Aquaman beats your ZOD
when I played cowboy I'd do fine vs his sinestro and bladam but against his aquaman he didn't let me get trait out even with mb slow balls. couldn't outzone him. couldn't combo him because of trait. couldn't use my great j1 because of d2. and his strings are muuch better so he'd beat me up close.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
I don't see how aqua man doesn't beat him. IMO top two possibly worst mu
A blocked trident in mid screen means a free Zod charge.
F13 has a hole in the string that can be parried on reaction.
Aquaman can't wet himself to get out of jail after a blocked B2 xx Scoop. Free Zod Charge.
Aquaman can't wet himself to get out of trait grab.

There's other stuff, but I personally have never come across an Aquaman I couldn't handle. Zod has his tough match ups, but Aquaman is 50-50 in a worst case scenario.

Edit: Also, MB ground blast on block is one of the safer ways to summon trait against Aquaman.

Zod is top 5 in theory.
Zod is not top 5 in practice (based on tournament examples).
Zod may end up lower than top 5 after the "huge balance patch".

Zod is good, but he has to work much harder than the other 10 or so "top 5" characters to be good.

MMH is much better than Zod.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
A blocked trident in mid screen means a free Zod charge.
F13 has a hole in the string that can be parried on reaction.
Aquaman can't wet himself to get out of jail after a blocked B2 xx Scoop. Free Zod Charge.
Aquaman can't wet himself to get out of trait grab.

There's other stuff, but I personally have never come across an Aquaman I couldn't handle. Zod has his tough match ups, but Aquaman is 50-50 in a worst case scenario.

Edit: Also, MB ground blast on block is one of the safer ways to summon trait against Aquaman.
man he doesn't have to do f1 3. easy parry bait. and nooo good aqua will from the deep you from mid range. he doesn't have to he can just out footsie the shit out of did. and punishing with zod charge IMO is not an effective punish when certain characters can punish with 40% combos. Idk, I know I don't main him anymore but I played him a loooot and that was the one mu I thought I was sure of

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
What ZOD have u played?
I played Zod myself. I understand the stuff he's come up with is likely really, really good. But there's still two things:

Getting trait vs a number of characters outside of a hard knockdown, and his neutral game vs certain characters. When I say a number of characters, I'm referring to Aquaman, Deathstroke, Raven, and so on...characters who can make it difficult for him to do so, as well as play his traitless game. I'm not denying he's got great mixups and whatnot, but before you get to that point, you have to deal with a neutral game. And that was something I was finding problematic vs certain characters.

Like I said, you've likely figured out better shit, but that's just my perspective from when I was learning him.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Zod is top 5 in theory.
Zod is not top 5 in practice (based on tournament examples).
Zod may end up lower than top 5 after the "huge balance patch".

Zod is good, but he has to work much harder than the other 10 or so "top 5" characters to be good.

MMH is much better than Zod.
I've never seen a tier list that's based on how hard it is to use a character

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
when I played cowboy I'd do fine vs his sinestro and bladam but against his aquaman he didn't let me get trait out even with mb slow balls. couldn't outzone him. couldn't combo him because of trait. couldn't use my great j1 because of d2. and his strings are muuch better so he'd beat me up close.
Ok but when u played me w superman u couldn't touch me at all

Maybe it's u and not the character WoundCowboy

I'm extremely suspect of a superman player who can't take games off of me