What's new

Why is Zod top 5 ?

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
Top 5 in a game IS based on actually winning matches.

I don't care how it's supposed to go in your head, until someone shows up and wins, it's all just paper fighter.

Can't agree with this at all. Top in any game is based upon character tools, regardless of how you use them. I almost tried Explaining why this is an absolutely ridiculous way to create a tier list, but it literally gave me a headache. I'll just leave you with this.

If both characters were being played by players of a similar skill, should Superman beat lobo? Why or why not?

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I haven't played an exceptional Zod, but I will admit, I have been bodied by some less than mediocre Zod's out there and I have watched a lot of gameplay on YouTube. The character is so damn good. Good mixups, his trait is one of the best in the game(when it doesn't glitch!!!!), and you can't really jump in or zone him out. When they fix his trait Zod will be a monster.

Top 5? I say he can be in the right hands, but generally, no.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
IMO his strings are ass. all the good one's second hit whiff.
I dunno, 112 is a pretty good string I think. + on block, and canceling into MB ground Laser is a great frame trap for buttons. Of course, coming from his super puny standing jab is a problem

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I think it's awesome that Pig basically tells people to "Fuck Off" when they don't agree with him. No, I'm serious. I think it's hilarious. More people should be so confident in their rightness.

That said, I messed with Zod a bit on release. I figured he would be pretty good over time. Anyone that has full screen basically unblockable damage(Block the MB low laser, get Trait grabbed. Block Trait grab, get low lasered) and a 1 frame, advanting, (and unless I'm mistaken) mid-hitting whiff punisher is probably going to be very good.

How good will have to be seen in time. MMH could also be a Top 5 character as well, as he, too requires a lot of set-ups, thought, and strategy to his gameplay.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
B12 is really good, f2 1 is good, d12 is very good. The rest are ok.

Hopefully I can show you guys his max potential tonight at next level if I make it out
Please do!!! People that are arguing against him at this point haven't seen what the top Zods are capable of. None of the stuff Pig is talking about or the tech in the forums is 'just paper fighting', because all of it is legit and is being used by the Zod mains, people just haven't seen it yet. I'll be watching for sure :)

Solo_Is_The_Name

Flash In Training.
Top 5 damage
Top 2-3 mix ups
Top 2-3 trait
2 bad MUs IMO so far ......and they might not be bad
Zoning
Rush down
Set ups
Top 8 mobility
Top 5 air control
Top 5 AA damage
48% full screen 1 MB combo
55% 1 MB close screen combo
7-8 sec trait regeneration
W trait owns your face for free w interactables and there isn't a f ing thing u can do
3 frame parry stops most FTs
D3 goes under black Adam d1 lightning and superman f23 and pig on pig stage , etc
Trait grab is a 10 frame 44%-53% on block punisher from anywhere on screen
15% guaranteed chip w trait
Fast meter builder
Traps out the ass
Most people who try to use him will go donkey raped cause he takes a lot of time effort and skill unlike some characters in this game, he's top 3 hardest to play IMO at max capacity and skill level in all MUs and most will never understand why he's great cause they constantly get blown up
And because I f ing said so ....

SaJa
YEA! What pig said.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
From my limited time with him I don't consider him a top 5 character. The range on his normals suck and that's because of his T-Rex arm reach. He literally looks like a pixie compared to a lot of the characters.

His trait is good but imo unless you are at a good enough distance, have fun trying to activate it.

His projectiles are pretty good, especially the pistol. I like some of the mix ups the cannon offers.

I know others say he is a zoner but to me it's different with this character. Instead of zoning the other characters, it feels more like you are zoning the use of interactables in your favor.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the character is ass at all. I'm just in the same boat with others in saying that it's really a lot of theory fighting right now. And on a side notw, I do not think he is that complex a character to play at all.

Just my 2 cents.
U fail to mention his cancels and 7 hit block strings that contain 100s of mix ups

Pig Of The Hut

Ah. The predictable throwing of the gauntlet.

Cuz the results of our one match would totally prove or disprove your analysis of the character.

Gimme a break.

That he's good, underrated, hard to learn, and probably slept on... sure I'll give you that.

But better than Batman? That's just dumb. Unless you missed the weekend's Bruce Wayne show.

It won't matter much anyway, cuz it's not like Zod's gonna place at a major before the next big patch, which will change everything anyway.
I'm sorry

I didn't realize we judge top tiers based on who can attend majors and who can have ZOD ready in time for summer jam

We criteria I see, didn't get the memo

There are 2-3 ZOD USA players period

Pig Of The Hut

Please do!!! People that are arguing against him at this point haven't seen what the top Zods are capable of. None of the stuff Pig is talking about or the tech in the forums is 'just paper fighting', because all of it is legit and is being used by the Zod mains, people just haven't seen it yet. I'll be watching for sure :)
I've got a huge middle finger for those doubters

Writing down names in prep lol

Vinci212

Hungry Game Dev
there are like 12 characters in IGAU top 5 and the rest except for 3 characters are top 10...............
I Have to agree with this method of thinking for Injustice Tier list - I have been saying with the existing 30 characters, there are 3 A tier characters, 24 B tier, and 3 C tier characters. Considering Matchups for injustice, you should factor in Character/Stage matchups for the entire cast. [For instance the Batman, Superman matchup should be honestly broken down for the 14 stages (Removing the redundancy of Wayne manor night)]

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I think Zod is somewhere in top 10, but without his trait out, he has a couple of weaknesses that keeps him from top 5 imo. If his trait recharged in like 2 sec less time I would say he was top 5 for sure (Yea I believe that small of a different would do it)

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Top 5 damage
Top 2-3 mix ups
Top 2-3 trait
2 bad MUs IMO so far ......and they might not be bad
Zoning
Rush down
Set ups
Top 8 mobility
Top 5 air control
Top 5 AA damage
48% full screen 1 MB combo
55% 1 MB close screen combo
7-8 sec trait regeneration
W trait owns your face for free w interactables and there isn't a f ing thing u can do
3 frame parry stops most FTs
D3 goes under black Adam d1 lightning and superman f23 and pig on pig stage , etc
Trait grab is a 10 frame 44%-53% on block punisher from anywhere on screen
15% guaranteed chip w trait
Fast meter builder
Traps out the ass
Most people who try to use him will go donkey raped cause he takes a lot of time effort and skill unlike some characters in this game, he's top 3 hardest to play IMO at max capacity and skill level in all MUs and most will never understand why he's great cause they constantly get blown up
And because I f ing said so ....

SaJa

To all of the Zod downplayers. War were declared.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
I think Zod is somewhere in top 10, but without his trait out, he has a couple of weaknesses that keeps him from top 5 imo. If his trait recharged in like 2 sec less time I would say he was top 5 for sure (Yea I believe that small of a different would do it)

I share the same thoughts. Top 10 IMO :) 2 sec trait recharge. HE NEEDS IT lol