What's new

General Zod's Tournament and Casual Video Thread

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

I think zod begins match 4

Zod can duck Batgirls cartwheel overhead,mid and high option. Take a look. Thank god i switched characters here

Pig Of The Hut

Ive fixed a few things from these videos

My d2 punishes no longer are shit lol. I do now d2 12 mb ground laser dash 112 1+3 or 123 or 213

Pig Of The Hut

Good job Pig using Zod! You beast!
Thanks, theres a ton of punishes im not yet captilizing on but when i learn a character i generally focus on

1. spacing
2. reactions
3. general tool sets

I did same w kenshi for few weeks/months

Now i need to go back and up my pressure w trait, capitilize on dmg punishes on all punishable things and overall just become a better zod player. Good news is i know what to work on

Having a 1 frame IAZC is a godsend. Some people think those are spam charges but when im jumping back im staring hard for any dash or animation and using a bar on a charge isnt that bad considering its a 18% punish

Also throwing w zod is key to recover trait and open up his lows and pressure. His throw takes a long time to complete and helps regenerate his trait.

Zod is a great character who is imo top 10 possibly higher. He has a great array of tools, dmg, setups, etc but his biggest negative is he's deeper and harder to play than most but imo in the end that wont be a negative.

If b23 was an Overhead he'd be top 1-3 lol

Pig Of The Hut

omg yes! videos! Thanks Pig!
Yep

Im over a week in w him and have a "to-do" list on what to work on but damn he's really starting to feel good.

I've GOT to start maximizing punishes and mixing up my setups

Ill post a lot more videos as I go. We have a weekly tournament series so expect more soon

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Yep

Im over a week in w him and have a "to-do" list on what to work on but damn he's really starting to feel good.

I've GOT to start maximizing punishes and mixing up my setups

Ill post a lot more videos as I go. We have a weekly tournament series so expect more soon

I just started using Zod too, mind if I post some videos from our casuals here in the Philippines?
You might learn some NO NOs with my Zod play! lol

i agree with almost always spending a bar of meter on ex zod charge when you do it by itself as a punish, that shit ramps up quick

il probably go to next level next wednesday and ATEMPT to only use zod but to be honest my zod isn't good enough yet.

Pig Of The Hut

i agree with almost always spending a bar of meter on ex zod charge when you do it by itself as a punish, that shit ramps up quick

il probably go to next level next wednesday and ATEMPT to only use zod but to be honest my zod isn't good enough yet.
You'll do well :)

Good luck man!!!
I just started using Zod too, mind if I post some videos from our casuals here in the Philippines?
You might learn some NO NOs with my Zod play! lol
Absolutely this isn't my thread this a thread for all zod's to grow and learn

Marcus

20:12 - Zod vs Nightwing
01:33:40 - Zod vs Shazam

Im really having a hard time fighting a very good Nightwing.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Thanks, theres a ton of punishes im not yet captilizing on but when i learn a character i generally focus on

1. spacing
2. reactions
3. general tool sets

I did same w kenshi for few weeks/months

Now i need to go back and up my pressure w trait, capitilize on dmg punishes on all punishable things and overall just become a better zod player. Good news is i know what to work on

Having a 1 frame IAZC is a godsend. Some people think those are spam charges but when im jumping back im staring hard for any dash or animation and using a bar on a charge isnt that bad considering its a 18% punish

Also throwing w zod is key to recover trait and open up his lows and pressure. His throw takes a long time to complete and helps regenerate his trait.

Zod is a great character who is imo top 10 possibly higher. He has a great array of tools, dmg, setups, etc but his biggest negative is he's deeper and harder to play than most but imo in the end that wont be a negative.

If b23 was an Overhead he'd be top 1-3 lol
Thanks for sharing your thought process. I write lists of things I'm doing well/poorly to help myself visualize the path to improvement, but having your thoughts here too helps me see your path and gives me more ideas of stuff to work on.

insignis

Noob
Im doing a lot of things wrong. I need help with this matchup. :(
why don't you use another combos after MB lasers and wraith grab? You lose about 10% damage everytime. I didn't play much NW but maybe check him with bf3 at mid range (he obviously dominating you there with pokes and flying grayson) and some MB air balls to summon wraith/ safe offence.

Marcus

why don't you use another combos after MB lasers and wraith grab? You lose about 10% damage everytime. I didn't play much NW but maybe check him with bf3 at mid range (he obviously dominating you there with pokes and flying grayson) and some MB air balls to summon wraith/ safe offence.

I need to really incorporate that MB balls huh? Ill try to keep that in mind next time. thanks

watch my very early zod getting anally molested by Thomas Brady a month ago at NLBC on arturo's youtube channel. lubrication recommended