Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
For me, The list is very easy

Compile every name of every person who has ever said
"MKx will be the return of the footsie"

"Injustice top/above average players will not be good in MKx"

"I'm a good FG player, it's just injustice is a bad game"

"I suck cause they nerfed my character"

"MK2 is the greatest game ever compiled in code, Why wasn't Injustice MK2? MKX will be MK2 recoded Im sure of it"

"Why isn't injustice the same as UMK3? Why wasn't mk9 the same as umk3? Surely MKx will be UMK3 2.0 because it has a run button"

"Man If I had REO to train with I'd be on top of the mountain of Injustice, he won't train"

'Whats your favorite type of Root Beer" ;)

"Vindicated"

"Hydro"

"They Selling out fast, Book your room now"

Thoughts? I thought the thread discussing this topic was hype and brought fun discussion so why not hype up MKX a little more with some pre release hype.

Last edited:

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Myself, I want to be good in fighting games and I want a Top 8 at least once. When MKX comes out GGA will be the only place I play to level up

Reactions: Kyu

Pig Of The Hut

Myself, I want to be good in fighting games and I want a Top 8 at least once. When MKX comes out GGA will be the only place I play to level up
Another idea I'd like to see is "Which players never got a top 8 in Injustice at a Major" because it shows you truly how hard it is when you see the names.

Best tip i can give you is Pick a main, love him/her and be the best there is with that character in all MUs and variations. Learn every situation, and know every outcome. Control and own your character.

Also remember when you're not practicing your opponent is

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Best tip i can give you is Pick a main, love him/her and be the best there is with that character in all MUs and variations. Learn every situation, and know every outcome. Control and own your character.
Or just pick a day 1 main untill the first round of nerfs, then for every patch (if necessary) choose a new main, which will be the best or at least top 3 character. Then once we approach the end of the games life and when the patches are released, then pick the final best character in the game and love him/her to death. It's the only way man. haha

Pig Of The Hut

Or just pick a day 1 main untill the first round of nerfs, then for every patch (if necessary) choose a new main, which will be the best or at least top 3 character. Then once we approach the end of the games life and when the patches are released, then pick the final best character in the game and love him/her to death. It's the only way man. haha
Actually if someone follows this approach they most likely will never ever make one top 8

I just wanna make that clear

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I'm IMMEDIATELY going to say Swift Tom Hanks. He came to this site not too long ago and went on a Injustice bashing rage and said some very similar claims that are in the OP. He ABSOLUTELY has to put up or shut up when MKX drops.

Also, Tom Brady. He always talks about his training partners not helping him in IGAU, but they probably will for MKX so he as well needs to put up or shut up.

Do I even have to say CDjr? We all know he is a phenomenal FG player, but LBSH...he has made those claims about footsies.

Once again...Peckapowa he has made the footsie claims in the past so he needs to bring it with MKX.

Pig Of The Hut

I was joking (shoulda put a doge face or something)

...But why wouldn't it work?
Guys who make top 8 don't lose to guys like you describe

I'm not gonna ever lose to some second rate aqua, MMH, ZOD, sinestro , dd, etc

Why? Because I've used my main for every day, played every MU every day, played the best everyday so the people you described are on this endless journey of catch up that they will never reach the end of

Extreme few can do what you described

Look at KDZ, his WW and all his alts are complete bills. Yet he won WB w his day 1 nerfed main. If he had any sense about him he would use his day 1 main not his bullshit aqua sinestro WW MMH etc

This isn't me blowing him up, I'm giving him WB props but if he wants to know why he's not feared it's because of what I just described . No one fears these puny alts that are months behind

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Guys who make top 8 don't lose to guys like you describe

I'm not gonna ever lose to some second rate aqua, MMH, ZOD, sinestro , dd, etc

Why? Because I've used my main for every day, played every MU every day, played the best everyday so the people you described are on this endless journey of catch up that they will never reach the end of

Extreme few can do what you described

Look at KDZ, his WW and all his alts are complete bills. Yet he won WB w his day 1 nerfed main. If he had any sense about him he would use his day 1 main not his bullshit aqua sinestro WW MMH etc

This isn't me blowing him up, I'm giving him WB props but if he wants to know why he's not feared it's because of what I just described . No one fears these puny alts that are months behind
You raise a fantastic point about KDZ. I noticed when he picks Superman he actually plays better, but he immediately doubts himself and goes to WW even if a set was close. He should really stick to his guns and see how it plays out.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So, what if it takes you awhile to discover your main?

A lot of people, top players included, played one character for several months and hated the game, and then changed their minds once a character they liked in DLC or another character of the roster was chosen.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.

A lot of people, top players included, played one character for several months and hated the game, and then changed their minds once a character they liked in DLC or another character of the roster was chosen.
You just go through the characters and play some matches with each one(even if it takes awhile)...eventually it will "click" and you and a certain character will rub together like butter on bread.

Pig Of The Hut

There's a point in which you need to be stable

That point was oct '13

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
There's a point in which you need to be stable

That point was oct '13
Right. I was using the Injustice example to ask (in an admittedly weird way) if the same thing were to happen in MKX to many players? Most of the cast will be brand new characters, so it may take people time to find "The One."

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
It's always been that way with players. Look back at the first couple of tournaments for MK9, everyone was randomly picking characters at times then eventually people settled in.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I just hope VSM or a consistent local gathering starts up again for Long Island players. Without that I have absolutely no drive to travel for tournaments. I haven't been to a single major for Injustice.

@TomlulsBrady Thoughts? I always love your thoughts. Present them
Its hard to say honestly, I can tell from your OP that your kinda implying Jr, Tom, Pl and all the MK9 guys who skipped out in inj need to prove something because maybe you and the other inj guys feel they made excuse's for why they quit the game or failed at the game like for example inj has no footsies thing so its not me its the game.(to be fair, alot of inj players did complain about that too)

My thoughts atm, inj is a different game so I am not gonna punish every mk9 guy who skipped out on the game cause it didn't fit their "preferences" and say they must prove something in MKX especially considering MKX is not a sequel to inj its different game from an entirely different series. I don't think what a person did or didn't accomplish should automatically crossover in MKX from inj, just my opinion.

As for specific guys, CDjr for example, idk, I just don't feel right saying he has to prove something as a FG player but I will give you this, if he is gonna throw shots at the new inj guys he's gotta back it up IF those guys do get into MKX because again lets not forget MKX isn't a inj sequel maybe some inj guys won't like the game. Idk about PL, he definitely has something to prove in Inj since he still plays but idk about MKX. Well he has to prove that he can beat sonicfox in MKX because I don't think he can or will.
I have no comments on tom brady. That's how I feel about it right now but my mind could change at any moment.

Last edited: