What's new

Who has Something To Prove in MKX: 'Return of The Footsie'

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I'm not going to try and be the best player, I want to be good and all but i'm more about finding every spec of tech for my character I can and be a part of my character community and be respected for it like I was with Shazam.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Im going to say me.
Last time I got top8 was getting 4th in Mk9 CEO ages ago. Then I dropped off the face of the planet when life got in the way + Kano suddenly going from top 5 to bottom 3. I've been to literally only 4 tournaments ever. That's including just casual gatherings in-city. Time is an issue.

I was into Injustice for the first few months and got 17th at CEO but I can't say I really feel the same for it that I had with Mk9 so i stopped that too even though I still follow it.

I'd gladly get blown up if I'm not at all relevant in MkX considering my life will be a bit more stable by its release.

Last edited:

Vagrant

Noob
I'm trying to focus less on proving anything and just want to be passionate about the games engine and learning how each character uses the engine to their advantage.

If I can tune out all the TYM drama and just love improving at the game, the rest will take care of itself.

Also, no traveling to tourneys unless I win a GBS.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
NRS has to prove that they can make a good net code.
This right here. NRS has the MOST to prove.

Its almost like Mk9 and Injustice were just used to lose their competitive fighting game virginity and now that they are more experienced they could show MkX the true lovin' it deserves.

Crisp netcode.
Solid neutral game.
Minimal bullshit.

Give it to us good NRS :DOGE

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
Although a lot of people make fun of Tom for saying "I need my training partner back," it is somewhat valid. People don't realize that REO is the best training partner you can have for NRS games. His mindset and reaction timing are ridiculous. He's the only person I've ever seen stuff the spirit charge consistently in Kenshi's d3->spirit charge

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
Another idea I'd like to see is "Which players never got a top 8 in Injustice at a Major" because it shows you truly how hard it is when you see the names.

Best tip i can give you is Pick a main, love him/her and be the best there is with that character in all MUs and variations. Learn every situation, and know every outcome. Control and own your character.

Also remember when you're not practicing your opponent is
Im still working on this pig. I know I can get it

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Mortal Kombat

Evo 2011: 17th place with Nightwolf. Lost to Detroit Ballin Shang.

Final Round 2012: http://www.finalround.org/results/FR15.cfm
25th place with NW. Big D Took top 8 with NW and I lost to Kitana

MLG Raleigh 2012: Not sure of placement but lost to Kabal twice. Went all Skarlet.

Final Round 2013: http://www.finalround.org/results/FR16mk9.cfm
17th place with Skarlet. Lost to Kitana

Final Round 2014: http://www.finalround.org/results/FR17mk9.cfm
25th place with Skarlet. Went 1-2 after Chris G first match no show and then lost 2 straight...lol. Hadn't played it since Injustice came out.

Injustice

KIT 2014, January 25th: My first tournament after finishing grad school and my first Injustice major. Not sure of results but got bodied. Lost to PPJ and Argon Ross (1-2).

Final Round 2014, March 16th: 2 months after KIT. 9th with NW. Lost to 16 bit and Orochi.

This is my entire tournament history. I have NEVER placed top 8. That HAS to change in MKX and better yet in Injustice.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Although a lot of people make fun of Tom for saying "I need my training partner back," it is somewhat valid. People don't realize that REO is the best training partner you can have for NRS games. His mindset and reaction timing are ridiculous. He's the only person I've ever seen stuff the spirit charge consistently in Kenshi's d3->spirit charge
Well we all can't have toe but of course he'd be great to train w

We can't use "I don't have Reo" as an excuse

Actually maybe we can :DOGE

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Imo, the first Evo what gonna end having MKX as one of main title games, will be the place for people try to prove something ..... I expect to be Evo 2015, let's see ..... :p

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Well we all can't have toe but of course he'd be great to train w

We can't use "I don't have Reo" as an excuse

Actually maybe we can :DOGE
I don't have Reo too, is that why i suck at injustice?:DOGE

Wait, my character was shitty already, and was nerfed to death for no reason ( green arrow), the only good GA is Chris G, but that doesn't matter because he is a god:DOGE

Last edited:

EnergyKD

AKA KHAOTIC Zeus
I wanna be the very best,
Like no one ever was.
To main SUB or Raiden is my real test,
To train all 3 variations is my cause.

I will travel across the land,
Searching far and wide.
Teach others to understand
The power that's inside

MKX, (gotta reset them all) its you and me
I know its my destiny
MKX, oh, you're my best friend
In a world we must defend

MKX, (gotta read them all) a heart so true
Our courage will pull us through
You teach me and I'll teach you
(SWAG COMBOS) Gotta body 'em all

Every challenge along the way
With courage I will face
I will battle every day
To claim my rightful place

Come with me, the time is right
There's no better team
Arm in arm we'll win the fight
It's always been our dream

MKX!

(Gotta body 'em all)

MKX

and Injustice, making top 8 with Supes would be awesome

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"

Its almost like Mk9 and Injustice were just used to lose their competitive fighting game virginity and now that they are more experienced they could show MkX the true lovin' it deserves.

Crisp netcode.
Solid neutral game.
Minimal bullshit.

I just want somebody to prove how in the fuck PB and J is racist? oh and fuck Interactables.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8

Crisp netcode.
Solid neutral game.
Minimal bullshit.

The NRS community is about to be bigger than ever before. And mkx needs the best treatment it can get.