What's new

Who Do You Think The Next Character Revealed Will Be?

The next character revealed will be...

• Total voters
Shinnok.

Let us not forget that he was literately the first kharacter teased years ago, at the end of MK9. His redesign and new moveset will be heavily anticipated.

I'm hoping it's either Raiden, Fujin, Havik or Ermac.

Raiden's probably the most likely.

Then again, we won't know until we find out. Oh well, it's fun to speculate anyway.

shig

kool guy
^Agree. Raiden alone is a little too obvious to be the only reveal at, say, EVO. Unless he's some crazy evil version of Raiden or something.

Most likely will be a returning character.

The real question is, will they reveal an obvious character (Raiden), or a highly anticipated "dead"one? (Kitana, Smoke, Jade, Kabal etc.)
I personally don't want to see Raiden now, cause i take him for granted. Kitana's confirmation will relieve me tbh..

Their marketing so far is amazing, resulting the whole internet talking and whining about new and old characters( while speculating the most crazy stuff)

shig

kool guy
Since they're gonna reveal something at EVO, wouldn't it be funny if they revealed Cyrax or Kabal or Cyrax and Kabal's lovechild?

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Let us make a wager just for fun and keep the blood pumping, who do you think is going to be revealed real soon?

The votes are hidden, so don't hold yourself up. My money is on a returning character.
I just wish they'd reveal the hype killing guest character now.

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
From these, an old Solid Snake-style Kenshi with beard and all could be badass. But then Rain still gets bonus points as a ninja whose mask design allows to display the beard even without taking it off. And then, Kevin Tancharoen films MK Legacy season 3 where everyone (even likes of Skarlet, to avoid discrimination) will have a beard, NRS gets influenced by it and introduces Beardality as MKX's 5th finisher :DOGE

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
There's no hype in revealing a new character without a returning character alongside the reveal.

Imagine a new FG with character reveals like:

"Get hype for Assassin! He's a ninja who uses a sword and teleports! GET HYPE!!"

Nobody cares, no one knows who Assassin is, he has no backstory.

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
I attribute part of negative reaction towards newcomers shown at E3 to the fact that zero storyline explanation, not even short bio or information from which realm do they come, was revealed. But that also means fans are free to search Kotal's origins in Tekken, for example.