What's new

Who Do You Think Is Top 5 In EO Beta?

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I haven't played the beta, but F/T getting a launching special doesn't take them all the way from C tier(general consensus) to top 5. (hit advantage buffs are a part of the new command grab system so I don't think that really counts as an F/T buff)

So either they are much better than anyone gives them credit for, or ya'll don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Or maybe both:coffee:
F/T Def wasn't C tier. Probably low A before EO Beta

Adding best-in-game damage will help even Jason be better. Take into consideration F/T still has the safety and benefits from the universal command grab buffs and the fast low projectile now has pop-up property.

That's pretty good dude lol

Yoaks

A spaceman
Well people are saying stuff like "how did these beta buffs take her from B tier to top 5", when in reality she wasn't B tier before the beta.

My knowledge of Mileena is definitely not lacking. I mean, arguably the 2nd best player in the world agrees that she's super great. Give me a quiz or something. lol

As for the Mileena community, remember the EU tier list thread, and that guy/girl who won't stop attacking Ketchup. please
Like @JTB123 said. This character started to get better around September. She still had her problems. Like having no good pokes. Her Teleport into Air Sai on block is kindaaa a gimmick. She can make it hard to punish her teleport but some characters can just ignore the sai cause they go right through it with an advancing normal. Thing's like this people need to lab and see what they can do to counter.

As for that one dude? @Ns_Brutalmileena He was really the only one complaining about EU's placement and opinion of Mileena. I personally disagreed with their opinion at that point as well, but I didn't whine or complain about it because it was just an opinion.

FinalBoss_FGC

No clue if this is right

1) Wrestler Jax
2) Mileena
3) Ronin Takeda
4) A-List Cage
5) Tempest Lao

the rest of the top 10 in no order are:
Shinnok, Ferra Torr, Kano, Quan and Kang

Honorable mentions:
Sub, Scorp, Kitana, Kung Jin, and and D'vorah
Forgot about A list cage, I feel like ji2 nerf and general unsafe now hurt Lao a lot tho.

Do you know of any KJ buffs? He seems untouched.

ExpiredCodes

The Yankees blew a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS.
I want to put Piercing Mileena in the top 3. Am I crazy to say that with these buffs, she might be the best character in the game?

The reason I've been careful with my opinion on her, is because the Mileena community is kind of crazy on this forum. I feel like if I say she's anywhere higher than mid tier, my life would be in danger. kappa but not really kappa

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
Probably low A
I fucking wish.

He was C at launch (with the exception of lackey). Even after 9/1 he(Ruthless/Lackey) never came out of B tier, his launchers are slow/fuzzyable, really easy to avoid wakeups, shit aa, if your character can play an easy keep away game Ferra/Torr is a push over.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Its really hard to say since tanya and tremor isnt available but
top 5 is:
Jax
Ronin
Lao
Quan
Kung jin

Other five:
Dvorah
Ferra torr
Cage
Liu kang
Scorpion/kotal

My opinions on mileena.
Shes amazing now and i hope nothing changes but if anything does change. B12 should be 0 on block. Theres nothing wrong with it right now but It seems thats the only thing people are complaining about. Shes is 15-8 on the ranking.

Kitana. Shes no where near top 5 gtfo. Shes in the 16-10 range.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I agree with @Goatness. Honestly, Mileena isn't much different. The 6 frame d1 sounds fantastic on paper, but it's only consistent in the corner. It's not like you can do b12 into d1 midscreen to keep opponents in check, b12 has too much pushback. The d3 and sai recovery were the best buffs. I've seen Foxy's Mileena, and while it is looking good, everyone is going to respect him and just let him do it 30,000x in a row. Other Mileena players and I have been trying that approach for a long time, but we do not receive such respect, so in return people throw out armor or backdash etc. B12 is not plus enough to allow another b12. The threat with b12 is the mixup. Low sai or EX Ball Roll? It's risky and is why I do not believe she is top 5 like some. She is good, but not top 5. Other characters still have safe 50/50's that can be cancelled into another 50/50.

TLDR; Mileena is good, but not great.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I can't speculate a top 5 because not all characters have been released. From my understanding Jason is a lot different as well. However, I will say Kano has definitely improved and is dangerous imo.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Mileena is nasty...homelee talked about a set he had with you online and I believe it! Do you think you may use her instead of lao in tournament now?
Yeah I'll use her next tourny for sure.

I agree with @Goatness. Honestly, Mileena isn't much different. The 6 frame d1 sounds fantastic on paper, but it's only consistent in the corner. It's not like you can do b12 into d1 midscreen to keep opponents in check, b12 has too much pushback. The d3 and sai recovery were the best buffs. I've seen Foxy's Mileena, and while it is looking good, everyone is going to respect him and just let him do it 30,000x in a row. Other Mileena players and I have been trying that approach for a long time, but we do not receive such respect, so in return people throw out armor or backdash etc. B12 is not plus enough to allow another b12. The threat with b12 is the mixup. Low sai or EX Ball Roll? It's risky and is why I do not believe she is top 5 like some. She is good, but not top 5. Other characters still have safe 50/50's that can be cancelled into another 50/50.

TLDR; Mileena is good, but not great.
I punish people for backdashing and armouring, its not like they can do that for free.
I'm not just doing B12 30,000x in a row, you create respect for the string in various ways, and force the opponent to disrespect it so you can either punish them or hitconfirm into 35%.

6f D1 has a tonne of uses, dont downplay it lol.

If you're playing around B12 into low sai or ex ball, thats a problem, why put yourself at risk and lose your +2? She's a very easy character to be logical with, so playing her in such an illogical fashion just throws away her amazing strength IMO.

Tweedy

Noob
Like @JTB123 said. This character started to get better around September. She still had her problems. Like having no good pokes. Her Teleport into Air Sai on block is kindaaa a gimmick. She can make it hard to punish her teleport but some characters can just ignore the sai cause they go right through it with an advancing normal. Thing's like this people need to lab and see what they can do to counter.

As for that one dude? @Ns_Brutalmileena He was really the only one complaining about EU's placement and opinion of Mileena. I personally disagreed with their opinion at that point as well, but I didn't whine or complain about it because it was just an opinion.
1. I never said she was good before September. My knowledge dates back to November. I've clarified this.

2. Kung Lao and Liu Kang have bad pokes. Bad pokes doesn't make a character bad on this game.

3. Her teleport being punishable doesn't detract from her other tools, that I mentioned on the first page of the thread. It's a perk, she doesn't need it.

Edit: I think I said at one point in this thread that she was good all along, but I even clarified in the SAME POST, that I didn't actually mean all along. Sorry if my dipshitness mislead you.

FinalBoss_FGC

not sure about KJ...he was always so good in Shaolin and still is. Lao jip nerf was needed but he is still really good.
I agree. I think with other top characters getting nerfs, he climbs up the ladder more. And KJ isnt too good on bad netcode so having the good netcode vs the Laos of the world helps.

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
Not flaming you at all but so many Mileena players including @YOMI RM SaltFace claimed she was bottom 10 and needed a lot of help. Was this tournament player downplaying?

The Mileena community has been in an uproar for months about how bad she was. @Ns_Brutalmileena @Akromaniac27
Ok I'm sick of this statement. Here is what I gotta say. If I was THE ONLY MILEENA IN THE WORLD doing something at majors with her & I was THE ONLY PLAYER who had the balls to play all her variations at a high level don't you think it's NOT THE CHARACTER but it was me using Mileena as my vessel.

Mileena was solid but Top 5 is a LONG SHOT. If she WAS THAT GOOD then where are the others at? OH WAIT ITS JUST ME.

Don't bother tagging me in post like these. I'm always real about my character, what they can & can't do, and do me a favor. Maybe you should look at what all the other characters have before you state something like that.

Mileena is upper mid now & that's it.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Yeah I'll use her next tourny for sure.

I punish people for backdashing and armouring, its not like they can do that for free.
I'm not just doing B12 30,000x in a row, you create respect for the string in various ways, and force the opponent to disrespect it so you can either punish them or hitconfirm into 35%.

6f D1 has a tonne of uses, dont downplay it lol.

If you're playing around B12 into low sai or ex ball, thats a problem, why put yourself at risk and lose your +2? She's a very easy character to be logical with, so playing her in such an illogical fashion just throws away her amazing strength IMO.
Well, I've seen you on a couple of streams playing her and the problem I see is that your opponents tend to freeze and say, "I can do absolutely nothing," which you know is false. Worst case scenario is that they bait you and use armor, which would make you more weary when they have meter.

Her d1 is great for corner use, but it whiffs a ton midscreen.

You are +2 off b12, but that does not guarantee anything since it creates pushback. You can b12 again, but b1 will whiff and thats when they have options. It needs time to breathe for people that are not use to it, but people will show you a lot more respect because you are a great player.

Infamous

Banned
Ok I'm sick of this statement. Here is what I gotta say. If I was THE ONLY MILEENA IN THE WORLD doing something at majors with her & I was THE ONLY PLAYER who had the balls to play all her variations at a high level don't you think it's NOT THE CHARACTER but it was me using Mileena as my vessel.

Mileena was solid but Top 5 is a LONG SHOT. If she WAS THAT GOOD then where are the others at? OH WAIT ITS JUST ME.

Don't bother tagging me in post like these. I'm always real about my character, what they can & can't do, and do me a favor. Maybe you should look at what all the other characters have before you state something like that.

Mileena is upper mid now & that's it.
You could have saved all of that pent up ego banter for all the players suggesting Mileena was "downplayed" before the beta. That was the point of my post lol.

Besides, if Reo and Foxy think she is now top 5, I trust their word.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Well, I've seen you on a couple of streams playing her and the problem I see is that your opponents tend to freeze and say, "I can do absolutely nothing," which you know is false. Worst case scenario is that they bait you and use armor, which would make you more weary when they have meter.

Her d1 is great for corner use, but it whiffs a ton midscreen.

You are +2 off b12, but that does not guarantee anything since it creates pushback. You can b12 again, but b1 will whiff and thats when they have options. It needs time to breathe for people that are not use to it, but people will show you a lot more respect because you are a great player.
People dont think 'its a f0xy grampa better not do anything' they think, he punished me for trying this, so I'm gonna do this instead. So when theyve been punished for every potential option theyve got, ofcourse theyre gonna freeze. Its the game around B12, not neccessarily the B12 by itself.

There's not a single option in this game any character has that cant go unpunished in some way shape or form.

I can totally see where Saltface was coming from, she works in a similar fashion to Lao in that their offense is all based around micro reads. But hers are just better.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
You could have saved all of that pent up ego banter for all the players suggesting Mileena was "downplayed" before the beta. That was the point of my post lol.

Besides, if Reo and Foxy think she is now top 5, I trust their word.
You can't say anyone is top 5 when all the characters have not been released.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
People dont think 'its a f0xy grampa better not do anything' they think, he punished me for trying this, so I'm gonna do this instead. So when theyve been punished for every potential option theyve got, ofcourse theyre gonna freeze. Its the game around B12, not neccessarily the B12 by itself.

There's not a single option in this game any character has that cant go unpunished in some way shape or form.
Well, I won't argue about your opponent being outplayed. That is what it is.

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
I don't think mileena is top 3 imo maybe top 5 and that's pushing it.
*Her Normals (bad)
-B1 is -4 on block
-F3 is 33F overhead
-F4 is a 17F low
-s1 is a high
-s2 is a high
-D4 is still bad
*Her normals (good)
-B1 has great range and is mid
-F3 is +2 on block
-F4 is great for a Low, Low or Low, Overhead
-s1 is +2
-s2 is a high, low or high, overhead
-D4 well it's garbage

*Specials (bad)
-Roll is -30+ on block and a mid
-Teleport is reactable and also a mid
-sais are negative on block

*Specials (good)
-Roll low profiles almost everything with 8F startup
-Teleport can lead to combos
-Sais lead to great overhead low mixups.

Seems like her bad outweigh the good