What's new

Who do you think is Bottom 5?

Your bottom 5

• Total voters

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
I think the bottom 3 are on an island of their own. I only put Kenshi above Goro because I think Ken might win that one (in possessed).

1. Jason
2. Goro
3. Kenshi

IMO Goro got bumped up to 2nd worst in the game after the patch. I feel like he's an all around better character than Jason. But really it's like snails racing Cheetahs, 1 or 2 spots at the bottom doesn't matter much. All 3 of these characters can win ANY matchup, but saying that it isn't an uphill battle would be a lie.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
how many kenshis do you see in tournament? not many, i doubt the last time in tournament balanced was used it was widely known about how terrible it is on whiff. and what are you getting at? ex rising karma is punishable as fuck and i get punished for it constantly. i also get punished constantly for even trying to use telefury. balanced preys on those who dont know the match up.
No

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
Seriously mind giving me some insight here? No isn't much to go off of
I just dont agree with the ''Kenshi is bad'' or ''People who lose vs Balanced dont know the matchup''.
My answers are mostly on my above posts and again - noone is forcing you to use EX Karma on Block or mindlessly spam Flurry.
In Today's Gaming Community People are ''SPOILED'' and they want easy Wins and ''All the tools'' , no matter if they play Fight Game , RPG or a MOBA.
Balanced is not a TOP Character but he is not a Bottom 5.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I just dont agree with the ''Kenshi is bad'' or ''People who lose vs Balanced dont know the matchup''.
My answers are mostly on my above posts and again - noone is forcing you to use EX Karma on Block or mindlessly spam Flurry.
In Today's Gaming Community People are ''SPOILED'' and they want easy Wins and ''All the tools'' , no matter if they play Fight Game , RPG or a MOBA.
Balanced is not a TOP Character but he is not a Bottom 5.
The problem is that kenshi has no up close options, he only has zoning. His teleslash is reactable. His telefury is easily neutral ducked. His telepush is okay but not amazing, his extelepush is good but all you get from it is full screen position to which they can easily get back in on. What strategies do you have that the rest of us haven't figured out? Please inform me. I've tried damn near everything. I really want to know.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
The problem is that kenshi has no up close options, he only has zoning. His teleslash is reactable. His telefury is easily neutral ducked. His telepush is okay but not amazing, his extelepush is good but all you get from it is full screen position to which they can easily get back in on. What strategies do you have that the rest of us haven't figured out? Please inform me. I've tried damn near everything. I really want to know.
People running on reaction when they see Tele Slash is a Myth (a perfect one).
I just don't ''spam'' Flurry and i dont wakeup with EX Karma every time.If i person know's Kenshi he will w8 / bait the Karma and thats the time u need to get up and do a Throw or ''something'' and if they don't respect you .. you just EX Karma them (beware the fast hitting strings).
Patience is the Key.

MrProfDrPepper

People running on reaction when they see Tele Slash is a Myth (a perfect one).
I just don't ''spam'' Flurry and i dont wakeup with EX Karma every time.If i person know's Kenshi he will w8 / bait the Karma and thats the time u need to get up and do a Throw or ''something'' and if they don't respect you .. you just EX Karma them (beware the fast hitting strings).
Patience is the Key.
When did I say running on reaction? By reaction I meant blocking. No shit don't do wake up exrk every time. But these defences only get you so far in high level play. I've tried I do all these things. I've tried spacing my moves. In this game you NEED good dirt to do well/to be a viable character. Balanced has none.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
When did I say running on reaction? By reaction I meant blocking. No shit don't do wake up exrk every time. But these defences only get you so far in high level play. I've tried I do all these things. I've tried spacing my moves. In this game you NEED good dirt to do well/to be a viable character. Balanced has none.
I think , you just ''copy'' someone else's words but i wont continue arguing.

MrProfDrPepper

I think , you just ''copy'' someone else's words but i wont continue arguing.
No. I don't. It is insulting that you think so I'm talking from my experiences. I honestly wish that I could agree with you. You have no idea how much I wish that. But I can't. I don't see it. I'm glad that you see something but I really don't. Although I could do with out the talking down to me as if I don't play the character a fuck ton and have tried my hardest to find tech every day since release. I want the character to be good. I really really do. It pains me that I have to be on the side that agrees that he is garbage in this game. I've been with balanced kenshi since the beginning, and I will continue to play balanced until the game is completely dead. And I will continue to try and find new tech even though I have exhausted my options a while ago. If you find some new amazing tech that I don't know of, then please, inform me, tell me, I really really want to know, I want this character to be good. I really do.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I love fighting with Mileena when players really know how to play her. Her matchup with Kotal Kahn when both players are skilled is just absolutely tremendous.

Mileena users that channel her rage would never allow her to be considered bottom 5.
The fact that she has received so many votes must be the combination of downplaying and ignorance.

MrProfDrPepper

I love fighting with Mileena when players really know how to play her. Her matchup with Kotal Kahn when both players are skilled is just absolutely tremendous.

Mileena users that channel her rage would never allow her to be considered bottom 5.
The fact that she has received so many votes must be the combination of downplaying and ignorance.
The thing is that she is a good character but someone has to fill that number 5 slot. In this case even though she is in my opinion button 5 that doesn't mean she is bad. Hell she us pretty good

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
They didn't really do much to her. She certainly didn't get worse.
making her F343 can't be followed by a special is the worst thing! basically they made the risk worth nothing! now everyone will be TOO predictable and use go for the F4 ...

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
The thing is that she is a good character but someone has to fill that number 5 slot. In this case even though she is in my opinion button 5 that doesn't mean she is bad. Hell she us pretty good
Ethereal remains undiscovered my friend. Of this, I have absolutely no doubt.

I find that if enough people say a character is bad it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Speaking on balancing Killer Instinct, Keits stated (paraphrasing):

"We prefer to release new characters closer to 'too good' than 'too bad'. If people think a character is broken-good, they flock to it and we have alot of good feedback on that character as a result
If people think a character is bad the opposite happens and we never really find out what's wrong with the character"

Feels like this the case with Kenshi.

making her F343 can't be followed by a special is the worst thing! basically they made the risk worth nothing! now everyone will be TOO predictable and use go for the F4 ...
F3 and F4 was never a mixup to begin with, lol. She can still grab you, or EX Roll, or make you block 123 into a mixup or free pressure and chip. People are really more upset about F343 than they should be, imo.

Ethereal remains undiscovered my friend. Of this, I have absolutely no doubt.
I wouldn't say it's undiscovered...
http://testyourmight.com/threads/takeachances-all-in-one-ethereal-guide-updated-with-yomi-saltfaces-summer-jam-matches-9-2-2015.54839/
http://testyourmight.com/threads/pushing-ethereal-further-still-ex-fade-tech.55352/

Lol! Downplaying? Mileena?

Reactions: GAV

Skedar70

Noob
This game is well balanced if people put mileena and Ferra/thor in the bottom 5. I play them both and I love the tools they have. Specially Ferra/Thor with the new PnG cancels he now does the hulk damage he was supposed to do, He has an overhead starter, a low starter, an awesome command grab, awesome njp, good absorbing and damaging projectile, good mixups. I don't get why people say he is bottom. They are probably gonna nerf him once people figure out how easy it has become to get him pumpedt up with png and doing 50% meterless punishes.

Saying "bottom 5" in a game that may well only have several characters in the bottom tier is basically asking for a "best downplayer" contest.

Reactions: GAV

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Just to point out why all these "who is bottom/top _______" fan polls are crap: in accordance to the way the question is phrased and the poll results are going as of right now, Tremor and Jax are the least bottom 5 of the whole roster.

So that means Tremor and Jax are tied for number 1 in the game y'all.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Just to point out why all these "who is bottom/top _______" fan polls are crap: in accordance to the way the question is phrased and the poll results are going as of right now, Tremor and Jax are the least bottom 5 of the whole roster.

Thats a really weird way to interpret the poll.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose

In case you haven't noticed, people troll.