What's new

Who are the Mortal Kombat characters that you don't like?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Hmm...

quite a few actually lol

Kintaro
Blaze
Kabal
Sheeva
TANYA
Jarek
Kai
Meat
Bo' Rai Cho
FROST (You are not sub zero you wannabe bitch!!!)
Nitara
Drahmin
Mokap
Moloch
Kobra
Darrius
Taven
Daegon
Kratos
Freddy
CYBER SUB ZERO

I can live with the rest of the MK4+ characters

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
As far as gameplay/playing against is concerned (mk9 obviously): Jump kicking-stomping Sheevas, yolo Mileenas and runaway Freddy Kruegers.

Generally speaking: Guest characters (Freddy/Kratos), Rain (even though they made him look cool in mk9), Cyber Sub was kinda ok but not so much, Jarek, Meat, Frost, Hsu Hao, Moloch, Onaga, Dairu, Darious, Kobra, Blaze, Taven & his brother.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
If I had to pick and in all honestly I like all the characters in the series and feel they each bring something different to the table and hope that in the next game they do expand on some of them rather than hey they are just there, like Nitara, I always thought she could have been an interesting character as well as Frost I guess what I mean is I want some damn character development on the lesser popular ones out there.

But if I have to pick one I hate and am so damn tired of seeing all the damn time, it would be like many here Liu Kang. The character is such an asshat and the story has revolved on the a-hole for so long that I just wanted to see him disappear and go away. I praised when he was killed off in MKDA and got even angrier to see him return as flipping zombie, just let the character die already. He is generic, bland, and has no true mind of his own in the first place.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Kung Lao because he's OP and everybody knows it...
Reptile because... well just fuck reptile. I can't fight against reptile players.
Liu Kang because of his stupid three button strings in combos.
Kenshi because he's just so OP, not one single bad matchup.
Cyrax for his silly damage.
Sektor because of his stupid teleport punch.
Kabal because I can't play him.
CSZ because he looks like predator... I don't like predator.
Stryker because I'm not a fan of cops. Always up in my shit...
Mileena because SHE UGLY!!! And wears toilet paper sometimes. Ew.
Shang Tsung because he laughs ridiculously, and can turn into someone else I also hate.
Sheeva because she beat me up in the story when I was new to the game and that made me angry, and her hair is just weird...
Raiden because he claims to be the god of thunder and then uses lightning.
Quan Chi because he looks like he belongs to both genders.
Kano because of his balls ;)
Nightwolf because reaons I can't say due to "racism" or whatever...
Sindel because I have grandmother issues and she's ringing my bells...
Jax because I don't like his personality. I just don't.
Sonya because she just wants to fight with everyone in the stoy because she's top 5.
Baraka because OF THAT GOD DAMN STUPID BLADE CHARGE AND SPARK!! I HATE YOU.
Ermac because he just picks you up from across the screen like a lil bitch and pushes you full screen.
Johnny Cage because I tried to copy his leg kick thing irl then stubbed my toe.
Noob Saibot because he has an unfair advantage if he was to play hide and seek.
Kratos because I have an Xbox.
Sub Zero's because they're both a real dick in story mode.
Kitanna because of her stupid combos.
Scarlet because I hate hearing her say "YAAA" every two seconds in slightly varying pitch and length.
Freddy Kr- however you spell his stupid name. I don't like his movies.
Rain because 45% meterless.
Kintarro reminds be of the Tony the Tiger on steroids... I hate frosties.
Goro has some serious baldness and needs to chop that pony tail off.
Scorpion because he's just illogical in his decision making and is easily persuaded.
Jade because of her infinites, high damage, unescapable pressure :DOGE loljk but srsly... Her skin colour changes with different costumes - pick a colour for crying out loud and stick with it.

Tomas Vrbada is a'ight though, I like him.

I started out serious then just went silly. I have too much time on my hands, but not enough to order them in any way apart from whoever popped into my head. Hate me if you must. idc :)

TheSpore

Kung Lao because he's OP and everybody knows it...

Mileena because SHE UGLY!!! And wears toilet paper sometimes. Ew.

Sindel because I have grandmother issues and she's ringing my bells...
Jade because of her infinites, high damage, unescapable pressure :DOGE loljk but srsly... Her skin colour changes with different costumes - pick a colour for crying out loud and stick with it.

started out serious then just went silly. I have too much time on my hands, but not enough to order them in any way apart from whoever popped into my head. Hate me if you must. idc :)
I love the whole list, but these 3 just had me going , especially the Sindel bit

Sonya- her default MK9 costume looked so dumb. I've lost faith in their ability to make a good costume for her.

Mileena- same problem as Sonya.

Bo Rai Cho- puking as a move. Guys. No. Just no.

Stryker- doesn't fit in the game at all. Has a gun? In a fighting tournament? By these rules, why not just have fighters bring Tanks and Jets?

Tanya- name just sounds dumb.

Liu Kang- not every fighting game needs a Bruce Lee clone.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Stryker, Rain, Jarek, Kai, Reiko, Tanya, Blaze (who came up with these shitty names?), Drahmin, Frost, Mavado, Moloch, Nitara, Havik(Yuck), Kobra, Tavin.

90% of the characters sucked after MK3.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Sonya- her default MK9 costume looked so dumb. I've lost faith in their ability to make a good costume for her.

Mileena- same problem as Sonya.

Bo Rai Cho- puking as a move. Guys. No. Just no.

Stryker- doesn't fit in the game at all. Has a gun? In a fighting tournament? By these rules, why not just have fighters bring Tanks and Jets?

Tanya- name just sounds dumb.

Liu Kang- not every fighting game needs a Bruce Lee clone.
I can see your point in everything you mentioned BUT...

-Kang was a 1992 character so you can get why Boon/Tobias wanted a Lee clone in there (also don't forget that almost every mk1 character was a tribute to various people/movie characters)...
-Stryker is supposed to be caught up in a "no rules/no tournament" war situation so I guess it's ok.

Tanya, I guess she falls into the "filler character" category so I don't even care. There are lots of MK characters who fail in that area so...

The stuff you stated about Mileena's and Sonya's costumes are absolutely right. I really think NRS have lost it with girls' costumes AND figures... Everyone has xxl boobies and if you remember, in MK vs DC they even had muscles that looked weird...
PS: Kang's 2nd costume (nip slip) is baaaaaaaaaad too ...

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I can see your point in everything you mentioned BUT...

-Kang was a 1992 character so you can get why Boon/Tobias wanted a Lee clone in there (also don't forget that almost every mk1 character was a tribute to various people/movie characters)...
-Stryker is supposed to be caught up in a "no rules/no tournament" war situation so I guess it's ok.

Tanya, I guess she falls into the "filler character" category so I don't even care. There are lots of MK characters who fail in that area so...

The stuff you stated about Mileena's and Sonya's costumes are absolutely right. I really think NRS have lost it with girls' costumes AND figures... Everyone has xxl boobies and if you remember, in MK vs DC they even had muscles that looked weird...
Idddddk... Scarlet's look smaller. :p

TheSpore

I have to disagree on the your bit about Mileena, your not taking any account into the context of the character itself and considering why her costume was designed in the manner it was. Since after the MK3 era, Mileena has always been portrayed as being more scantly clad than Kitana, simply due to her overcompensating for the lack of beauty she has from her face. The character also in some cases of the original fluff feels she is the true princess and is of royal blood, hence the use of her wearing the color purple, which is the color typically associated with royalty. The character has always been portrayed to show that she is beautiful by not having the focus on her face, but showing her as having the focus on other aspects of her body instead. In the context of a video game the developers have to utilize art and visuals to clue the players into the personality of that character, which is why she is portrayed the way she is in the game.

However given what I said about Mileena I do agree that Sonya's default costume is way off its mark, it does look militaristic, but having served in the military no self respecting military woman is going to show up with no undershirt for that vest and in high heels. Her alt. though is much more exactly what you might see when a military woman shows up to PT (physical training), or to partake in other physical activities.

As for their bust sizes well its typical for a game designed by mainly men, but I will address that originally Sonya has always been a busty female character that shows even back to the days of MK1 and considering the one actress that portrayed her in MK3 was Kerri Hoskins, a quite busty woman and is typically now who many know as Sonya, her MK9 appearance was created with her likeness mostly in mind, more than likely, as well as the actress from the 1st movie.

Sorry I am an artist, also married to one and typically have ways of seeing the reasoning behind most artist interpretations of why a character was designed the way they were.