What's new

Who are the Mortal Kombat characters that you don't like?

ScorpionRules!!!92

I no longer main characters on any fighting games.
I hate:
1. RAIN (I don't know why but I hate this fucking character lol)
2. Hsu Hao
3. Mokap
4. Kobra (seriously... wtf?)
5. Onaga (NOT the Dragon King I was expecting... very disappointed with him)
6. Nitara (Vampires to me simply don't belong in MK)

I love playing Liu Kang to annoy guys like @9.95 lol

I know what you mean I also don't know why I hate Rain but I also hate him as well also I agree with you about Mokap.

Plop

Noob
Tanya, Mokap, HSu Hao, Ashrah, Reiko, Kai, Hotaru, Kobra, Blaze etc...
The only good ones after mk3 were Quan, Kenshi and Havik.

Pre-mk4 though, I'd have to say Stryker, Sonya, Jax, Jade and Nightwolf. The rest are ALL tight

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Any character beyond UMK3. I could never get into any of those games because the characters didn't do it for me. Which is why I loved MK9 so much. I'm pretty concerned about the MK10 roster tbh.
Same here.
Most of the new characters from 3D games i didnt like, but i think the mk10 roster will look okay.

RHCP

Noob
I'm fond on all the MK characters in their own way. Some of the newer ones I don't care about. Movado always got under my skin for some reason, though I think he had a lot of potential. One of my least favorites would have to be Shujinko though. It may be shallow, but replacing Liu Kang (a personal favorite of mine) with him left a sour taste in my mouth.

Out of the older characters I'd have to say I never cared for is Reptile. They dropped the ball with him too many times.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Frost, Tanya, Kabal, Sheeva, a fair amount of 3D era characters. Drahmin is the shit though. R.I.P. Drahmin.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I maintain that if Daniel Pesina hadn't been fired during MK3's development and Midway weren't trying to pretend every character he ever portrayed never existed, Kabal would never have happened.

I immediately thought he was a massive douchebag regardless of his tier placement. "who is this goofy shimmying madman with hookswords summoning saw blades and juicy purple plums out of nowhere?"

And don't get me started on that voice sample. "HAH.HAH.HAH.HAH. "OHOHOHOHOH".

In most fighting games I don't like using "poster boys", very popular characters or main protagonists like Liu Kang/Kung Lao.

In MK9 the characters I was most interested in were Kano, Baraka, Stryker, Female ninjas, Ermac, Reptile, Nightwolf, Sheeva, Sindel, Sonya, Jax and Quan Chi. Everyone else I hated / never bothered to try.

Last edited:
Easily Liu Kang. A Bruce Lee clone with shades of Ryu who's somehow even blander than that sounds. I *completely* understand why he was the hero in the first MK back in the day given the inspiration from enter the dragon....but why he's continued to stick around as the defacto protagonist is beyond me (though I guess Raiden was kindof the main character in Mk9). The most iconic and interesting characters in this franchise, far and away, are Scorpion and Subzero. The cycle of vengeance between those two is by far the strongest character dynamic in the mythology. Midway/NRS has now killed this character twice for shock value/story reasons, and I'm hopping he stays down for good this time.