What's new

Which players at tournament Reek and Stink? A call to Arms on the war against BO

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Trepound on blast at this tournament. This just isn't right, but someone has to tell him. This thread needed to be made. Just shower next time, put on some deo and nobody will say anthing to you.

And cut your nails and brush your teeth. I was repulsed at EVO and I was only there a short time to spectate. One guy stood out (he basically had claws) but I won't call him out given evo was a while ago. Hopefully he's changed his ways since then.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
And cut your nails and brush your teeth. I was repulsed at EVO and I was only there a short time to spectate. One guy stood out (he basically had claws) but I won't call him out given evo was a while ago. Hopefully he's changed his ways since then.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
was probably M2Dave spying on the tourney

now with irl claws to throw on the heads of poor smoke players

CYracks

Command Grabber
Vip3r dude do you remember RESE after the air conditioning went out? Man the smell in that room was physical. It was like a mass of BO that slapped you in the face the moment you walked into the room. You had no hope of figuring who stunk on an individual level because the whole room smelled like ass. No... not ass... something worse but I don't have a word for it... like something had died maybe i don't know what else smells like a hundred big stinky fuckers. In 24 years on this Earth that room was the worst thing I've ever smelled. Seriously people... if you've never been to a FGC regional where people care even less than they do at a major, in june, when the air conditioning goes out; Be thankful. As far as the MK tournament players go I've honestly never smelled any of you guys. I was at Final Round but I wasn't anywhere near Pimpuigi and I didn't smell anyone else stinking up the atmosphere. Maybe the sign at the door that actually said not to come in the room smelling like ass (I forget the really creative way ATL had that phrased on there) actually made people shower.
lol I remember that to. I had to leave and go outside every 15 minutes just get some fresh air. I'm used to living in harsh conditions, but it was like someone shit inside of a humidifier and left it on. I hope Brian got a discount for being forced to run a tourney in those horrible conditions.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
lol I remember that to. I had to leave and go outside every 15 minutes just get some fresh air. I'm used to living in harsh conditions, but it was like someone shit inside of a humidifier and left it on. I hope Brian got a discount for being forced to run a tourney in those horrible conditions.
Oh man that poor guy had to work his ass off in that heat and that stink. He definitely had it rough.

While I don't agree with specifically tagging people and letting everyone know on the website who smelled is wrong (No need to embarrass people), those people need to realize that showering and personal hygiene is essential and crucial.

Do you really think at your job, you will have people ignore it?
You may have customers who may let you know nicely, some who may ignore it, and some who will be plain blunt about it.

Not only that, Co-workers (I myself would not want to work with a smelly co-worker, or your boss may even require you to bathe and keep clean for the sake of your job)

We aren't little kids anymore, and how sad is it that SonicFox is cleaner than most adult men?

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
oh and FYI BE CAREFUL OF PEOPLE IN THE "ANIME SCENE"

like the type that go to anime cons and stuff (this overlaps a LOT with anime fighter players)

I have been to video game tournaments, card game tournaments, board game conventions, all of the nerdiest shit in the world, but NOTHING HAS EVER SMELLED AS BAD AS PEOPLE AT ANIME CONVENTIONS.

NOT EVEN FUCKING CLOSE.

Literally, worst smell I have ever smelled in my entire life was at Anime Expo a few years ago. There were like eight nasty ass guys not wearing shirts in one hotel room. That was the only time in my entire life that I have literally gagged from a smell.
I wanted to stop by and check out the Pokemon rave at Comicon Phoenix this year. It smelled like a wet diaper far before I even made it near the entrance.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I'm going to get skunked before the next tournament I go to and show up wearing a gas mask. So people know how I feel when I lose to someone who smells like shit.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
After reflecting on this issue, I'm beginning to wonder of the cause of this is to get some kind of psychological advantage over your opponent. I mean, lets think about it; they can cover their ears with headphones, so you can no longer get to them with sound. The hoodie-wearing trend eliminates peripheral visual distractions. But they aren't going to do anything about their nose. That means that if they have even 1

moment and drop a combo, you've already gained a momentary advantage and made your investment worthwhile. I'm wondering if this is part of the new meta-metagame.

I mean heck, if it's going to be a 4-6 matchup.. You may as well use every advantage you can get.

EDIT: I just saw sub_on_dubs beat me to this like 6 pages ago, so disregard. And f you, sub_on_dubs.