What's new

Which match-up chart would you rather have?

Which chart would you pick?

• Total voters

d3v

SRK
Sinestro's for everyone, since that would mean that the game had a sort of "meta-balance" and, more importantly, archetypes are strong.

The thing is, certain archetypes are always guaranteed to both dominate certain others while be weak to others. Trying to chase 5:5's across the board results in alot of uniqueness taken out (since it is uniqueness in the first place that leads to imbalance). To quote Seth Killian.

This is a waste of time, and is at odds with the basic motivation for having had different characters in the first place. Why have a lot of characters when they all play the same way?
Ideally then, everyone, aside from being a strong representative of their playstyle (or because of it), both has a pool of good match ups and bad match ups.

I mean, yes the character loyalists will complain, but at the same time that kind of mentality is, well "scrubby" in the academic sense of applying an arbitrary rule (i.e. no throws, spamming is cheap or in this case, pick only one character). In any case, historically speaking, character loyalism is mostly a recent thing. During the "good old days", most people had 2 or 3 characters that they "mained" and would rotate around depending on their opponents. Even in Japanese, character locked tournaments, players would simply choose a character based on who they thought most other players would be using (i.e. Daigo Umehara using both Ryu and Boxer in Super Turbo).

Also, the other benefit of having true "meta-balance" is that top tiers are rarely as dominant as compared to games that do not have this. Again, let's look at that perennial example of "meta-balance", Super Turbo (or Super SFII Turbo for you non SF players). Even a character like O. Sagat, long considered to be the best character in the game, loses out to some other characters. In exchange for having some truly dominating matchups, he also loses out to characters like Claw, Boxer and Dhalsim. At the same time, you get a bottom tier characters like Cammy, who fares well against a high tiered character like Dhalsim.

TKB

Noob
I've always been under the impression that frost beat him but i guess it's even now lol
The only thing that I feel sinestro has trouble with is her iceberg. You can't charge trait at all unless you end a combo with it. Otherwise they're mostly evenly matched.

Btw your avatar is super badass, I've been collecting the sinestro comic and it's pretty good. :)

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
The only thing that I feel sinestro has trouble with is her iceberg. You can't charge trait at all unless you end a combo with it. Otherwise they're mostly evenly matched.

Btw your avatar is super badass, I've been collecting the sinestro comic and it's pretty good. :)
Slide is a bitch to deal with cause it goes under fear blast so one well-timed slide and she's in :mad:. Yeah thanks haha Sinestro's a badass in general i actually had no idea who he was before this game came out and now he's my favorite DC villain :)

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Slide is a bitch to deal with cause it goes under fear blast so one well-timed slide and she's in :mad:. Yeah thanks haha Sinestro's a badass in general i actually had no idea who he was before this game came out and now he's my favorite DC villain :)
if she's within any sort of range to hit u with a slide don't throw lemons dude.u can jump back and catch a slide attempt with air axe into d2 b1 shackles etc.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
if she's within any sort of range to hit u with a slide don't throw lemons dude.u can jump back and catch a slide attempt with air axe into d2 b1 shackles etc.
Yeah i know that what im saying is that its annoying that at any moment a slide could be thrown out randomly and hit me. Also air axe is risky because if you make the wrong read you get a trip guarding slide into her vortex

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Sinestro's b+1,2 beats slide clean. He out footsies her badly. She can't trip guard an empty jump back so he can use jump back and jump back axe to change the timing and it's a huge problem for her. The Sinestro community is selling everyone a bill on that MU being horrible for him. I suspect Sinestro in fact beats Killer Frost. He follows the formula for her bad MU.

I'd take WoWo's MU chart and DJT would as well because no one dominates her, so I'd feel more comfortable knowing I can fight everyone with one character effectively. But sinestro is still very solid and his MU chart is nothing to scoff at #YEEAAAPPPP

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Really?

I am hearing Cowboy has not lost a series to a Killer Frost player in a year.
Cowboy is probably a better fighting game player than the KF reps he has played...

I never know how to approach this silly game of numbers....am I supposed to form my opinion on "paper" (tools/abilities) or am I supposed to just look at tournament results hence you "hearing Cowboy has not lost a series to a Killer Frost player in a year"?

TKB

Noob
Who are we talking about, Deathstroke or Sinestro? IMO, she goes even with DS and beats Sinestro AT LEAST 6-4.
We were talking about Sinestro vs KF. What is your reasoning for it being atleast 6-4 Kipp?

There are a couple things that have already been stated in here that are tough for him; he can't charge trait whenever he wants due to fear of iceberg. She can slide under fear blasts. Another one that sucks but is kinda obvious is that sinestro cannot use boulders At all; It's easy for KF to punish with iceberg as well.

Edit: sorry for derailing :joker:

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
We were talking about Sinestro vs KF. What is your reasoning for it being atleast 6-4 Kipp?

There are a couple things that have already been stated in here that are tough for him; he can't charge trait whenever he wants due to fear of iceberg. She can slide under fear blasts. Another one that sucks but is kinda obvious is that sinestro cannot use boulders At all; It's easy for KF to punish with iceberg as well.

Edit: sorry for derailing :joker:
Aaron, I agree. On paper, she def. beats him. Is 6-4 KF not accurate? Are people saying it's 7-3? I mean, I never know what number to apply to MU's...but imo she def. beats him "on paper".

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Cowboy is probably a better fighting game player than the KF reps he has played...

I never know how to approach this silly game of numbers....am I supposed to form my opinion on "paper" (tools/abilities) or am I supposed to just look at tournament results hence you "hearing Cowboy has not lost a series to a Killer Frost player in a year"?
You ARE approaching "this silly game of numbers" and theories.

I will ask a more direct question.

Which one of you Killer Frost players has ever beaten Cowboy or Playing To Win in a series (i.e., in tournament or casual casual games) to make objective observers believe that "she beats Sinestro AT LEAST 6:4"?