What's new

Which character would "realistically" win a fighting tournament in "real life"?

Komatose

The Prettiest
Did you see when Lobo first showed up in the superman series? He takes him out in like 2 seconds. To be fair though, Lobo can't defeat superman either. It's just that Lobo doesn't give up and superman just has to play ball with him until Lobo goes away.
Well, I mean you kind of defended what I said lol. Was that suppose to oppose what I said? (No offense, of course.)

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Well, I mean you kind of defended what I said lol. Was that suppose to oppose what I said? (No offense, of course.)
Well, I guess my point was that Lobo CAN take out superman with ease, as shown in the comics... but not kill him. It's really the definition of stalemate. But I guess I feel Lobo has the upper hand because he pretty much just annoys superman until superman gets him to go away. That's kind of how I work too... if I can't beat someone... at least I can annoy the hell out of them lolol.

Komatose

The Prettiest
Well, I guess my point was that Lobo CAN take out superman with ease, as shown in the comics... but not kill him. It's really the definition of stalemate. But I guess I feel Lobo has the upper hand because he pretty much just annoys superman until superman gets him to go away. That's kind of how I work too... if I can't beat someone... at least I can annoy the hell out of them lolol.
Thou shalt not annoy me away. :blk

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
'Realistically' Deathstroke would win because the only characters who could even exist in our reality are Batman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Batgirl, Joker, Harley, Deathstroke, and Catwoman. And Deathstroke is the only one smart enough to use guns AND body armor

And for everyone going 'He's Batman'

^Realistically does not happen

Superman is the Strongest and most powerful of any character in Injustice but Shazam and Black Adam have all of super man's powers without the weakness to magic and krptonite so therefore either Shazam and Black Adam would be the most likely to win

It's clearly between only 6 or 7 characters. Superman, Wonder Woman, billy Batson, black Adam, and Martian man hunter. Maybe green lantern, doomsday, aquaman or zod. But according to some comic expert on comic vine, aquaman and flash are only on batmans level if you consider DC's entire universe.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
I'm sorry but this has been bugging me and no one has corrected you in these 24 pages.

Energy cannot be created or destroyed. Energy. Not matter. Matter can easily be destroyed.
The law of conservation of mass, or principle of mass conservation, states that for any system closed to all transfers of matter and energy (both of which have mass), the mass of the system must remain constant over time, as system mass cannot change quantity if it is not added or removed. Hence, the quantity of mass is "conserved" over time. The law implies that mass can neither be created nor destroyed, although it may be rearranged in space, or the entities associated with it may be changed in form, as for example when light orphysical work is transformed into particles that contribute the same mass to the system as the light or work had contributed. The law implies (requires) that during any chemical reaction, nuclear reaction, or radioactive decay in an isolated system, the total mass of the reactants or starting materials must equal the mass of the products.

Zanza098

Noob
The law of conservation of mass, or principle of mass conservation, states that for any system closed to all transfers of matter and energy (both of which have mass), the mass of the system must remain constant over time, as system mass cannot change quantity if it is not added or removed. Hence, the quantity of mass is "conserved" over time. The law implies that mass can neither be created nor destroyed, although it may be rearranged in space, or the entities associated with it may be changed in form, as for example when light orphysical work is transformed into particles that contribute the same mass to the system as the light or work had contributed. The law implies (requires) that during any chemical reaction, nuclear reaction, or radioactive decay in an isolated system, the total mass of the reactants or starting materials must equal the mass of the products.
Matter is a form of energy, matter can be destroyed and turned into energy, not the other way around. The Conservation of mass applies to isolated systems. Also there's that whole matter anti-matter thing that kind of breaks that law.

Wigy

There it is...
Lobo can breathe just fine in space. Not to mention that Lobo handles superman with ease. The only way for superman to "beat" Lobo is to appease him enough to go away.

I meant that he could just leave him there and never have to fight him. Like he does with DD.

Superman could completely atomise him by throwing him into the sun or using heat vision which would also mean he couldn't come back

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
batman would not last a second "realistically" lol .
The winner is one of these..

Black Adam
Shazam
Superman
WW
Doomsday
Solomon Grundy (rarely stays dead if not never)
MMH

...cant decide who
Add the Flash and take away Solomon Grundy and thats basically the way to go.

Everyone then has a reasonable argument as to why they could win.
Superman is the Strongest and most powerful of any character in Injustice but Shazam and Black Adam have all of super man's powers without the weakness to magic and krptonite so therefore either Shazam and Black Adam would be the most likely to win
And Wonder Woman.

WonWom is faster than all of them, she's faster than Mercury. And is a better fighter, and would resist/block all their magic. Basically, Superman gets his ass handed to him by all those magic users, WoWo and BA/Shazam!.

Batman, plot armor
Gods, so true. Batman is my favorite out of all of them, and I know he would lose to Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, MMH, BA/Shazam!, and Doomsday... but WAY too many Batman fans cant get their heads out of their ass because of all the plot armor and silly writing Batman gets sometimes.

Even though Batman really has NEVER defeated Superman, ever [even though they bring up the same 3 examples where Batman didnt actually defeat Superman in a fight, ever], they somehow think he can defeat Superman or Wonder Woman? No.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I believe it was in "A Death in the Family" Batman broke his hand punching superman in the face lol. No way he could actually fight him lol
Yeah there is no way really. People bring up a few other ones where Batman "defeated" Superman... and theyre all wrong.

Dark Knight Returns Batman dies fighting Superman, and Superman lets him win, after Superman was nuked, AND Batman had to use another JUSTICE LEAGUE member to help him "win" there.

Tower of Babel- Someone else did it, modified his plans, and STILL failed at beating Superman and the JLA.

Hush- Batman just distracted Superman enough for Catwoman to grab Lois Lane.

Never has Batman beat Superman in a fight.

web-head

Noob

And Wonder Woman.

WonWom is faster than all of them, she's faster than Mercury. And is a better fighter, and would resist/block all their magic. Basically, Superman gets his ass handed to him by all those magic users, WoWo and BA/Shazam!.

Gods, so true. Batman is my favorite out of all of them, and I know he would lose to Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, MMH, BA/Shazam!, and Doomsday... but WAY too many Batman fans cant get their heads out of their ass because of all the plot armor and silly writing Batman gets sometimes.

Even though Batman really has NEVER defeated Superman, ever [even though they bring up the same 3 examples where Batman didnt actually defeat Superman in a fight, ever], they somehow think he can defeat Superman or Wonder Woman? No.
Why flash? Didn't think he had a chance but that's sick if he did

Spacepopsicle

Cool Beans
Lobo would, he destroyed an entire planet! he's practically invincible, and his badass vibe would drop the others dead, other than him I'd say Luthor, with his suit and only if he's finally invented a fucking helmet -.-

Wasted

Noob
"Realistically" isn't a fair question. Clearly the mere mortals cannot compete with the metas/supers/amazons/etc. Not even Batman. If, though you were to take away most of the bullshit stuff like Speed Force abuse (and the fact that Ares is a fucking god, and Grundy is a zombie, literally), it may be a bit more clear. More than happy to keep everyone's abilities, of course but let's give the mortals the krypto-pills so they can stand on a more even footing.

It's hard to judge due to all the superpowers floating around, but in fighting ability?

1. Diana. She is, in Batman's words, the JLA's greatest melee fighter. Only above the boys in #2 due to Batman's word.

2. Arthur/Ares/Lobo- these are the big boys. The warriors.

3. Clark/Doomsday/Billy/Adam/J'onn/Barry - where things start to get a bit weird. These guys could muscle their way through pretty much any situation, or for Clark/Barry/J'onn, break the rules entirely.

4. Hal/John/Sinestro/Zod - Lanterns can never be discounted, and Zod is Superman-lite thanks to minimal yellow sun exposure.

5. Bruce/Grundy/Deathstroke/Bane/Dick/Ollie/Joker/Hawkgirl - Bruce of course, is one of the greatest human hand-to-hand opponents there is. Dick is faster than Bruce, by a hair, according to Catwoman. Damian doesn't exist, IMO. Deathstroke has beaten Bruce, Bane broke his back. Ollie levelled himself up after taking two to the chest from Shado, and trained under the same masters that taught Deathstroke. He subsequently fought Deathstroke on pretty much even footing at one point. Were physical abilities being equal, Ollie is more than able to handle himself. He trains with Canary, too. Joker, because Joker. Shayera is Thanagarian. 'nuff said.

6. Babs/Cyborg/Selina/Harley - where human abilities start to waver and we get to the people who rely more on their abilities or technology only. Babs is entirely capable of handling herself, even when paraplegic. Selina is along the same lines. Don't count her out, but face it, she's no warrior. Vic is readily capable, but nowhere near the fighting skills of even Dick or Ollie. Harley is unpredictable as ever.

7. Zee/Raven/Lex/Frost - Zatanna has barely a rudimentary knowledge of hand-to-hand, much like Raven. Lex is more likely to outsmart you and make you defeat yourself. Frost..I have no idea, she's relatively throw-away.

I mean, go ahead and tear this apart - there's so much to play with.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

And Wonder Woman.

Batman has beat Superman...Dark Knight Returns Pt 2

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Batman has beat Superman...Dark Knight Returns Pt 2
Holy fuck dude read what I JUST wrote on this page.
"Dark Knight Returns Batman dies fighting Superman, and Superman lets him win, after Superman was nuked, AND Batman had to use another JUSTICE LEAGUE member to help him "win" there."

Batman, after Superman was nuked, fights Superman... and the only way he is able to "defeat" him is by having another Justice League member do the thing that actually hurts him. So I guess going by your logic of what it means to "beat" someone, I guess Cyborg can beat Superman... as long as Cyborg brings Wonder Woman along so she can stab him with Kryptonite.

And Dark Knight Returns pt2 isnt even canon, its as canon as the Injustice comics.

Mkay? thaaaaanks.

[see what Im saying, people and/or Batman fans ALWAYS incorrectly bring up this example, one of the 3 I already listed , as a way to try and show Batman beat Superman, which he didnt]

Batman vs Superman = a very defeated/dead Batman.

Batmans never defeated Superman in a fight in the comics, or in the animated movies.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Holy fuck dude read what I JUST wrote on this page.
"Dark Knight Returns Batman dies fighting Superman, and Superman lets him win, after Superman was nuked, AND Batman had to use another JUSTICE LEAGUE member to help him "win" there."

Batman, after Superman was nuked, fights Superman... and the only way he is able to "defeat" him is by having another Justice League member do the thing that actually hurts him. So I guess going by your logic of what it means to "beat" someone, I guess Cyborg can beat Superman... as long as Cyborg brings Wonder Woman along so she can stab him with Kryptonite.

And Dark Knight Returns pt2 isnt even canon, its as canon as the Injustice comics.

Mkay? thaaaaanks.

[see what Im saying, people and/or Batman fans ALWAYS incorrectly bring up this example, one of the 3 I already listed , as a way to try and show Batman beat Superman, which he didnt]

Batman vs Superman = a very defeated/dead Batman.

Batmans never defeated Superman in a fight in the comics, or in the animated movies.
You are right I didn't read any of it besides he has never beat Superman lol.