What's new

Which Character Is most Used?

Among the random online scrubs, definitely Scorpion. Kinda has Vanilla Sf4 Ken syndrome. Not that great of a character, but the randoms flock to em for some reason.

-Dammit_rab

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel

doomfarmer

unorthodox
there have been different phases of popular characters... first it was all scorpion and smoke, then TONS of ermacs, then a bunch of raidens, then kung laos, then kanos... reptiles...

i still see a lot of smoke and ermacs... but other than that i get a pretty good mix (besides the skarlet and kenshi weeks)

EU experience here, not my top10 but WHY these chars are used on ladder EU matches

- Scorp ( easy to use at the beginning / Hellfire spammer )
- Noob ( clone spamming )
- Smoke ( funny teleport spam )
- Liu Kang ( easy spam combo and easy spam low fb)
- Kano ( knife / ball / knife / ... )
- Raiden ( tele 334 / tele ... )
- Kitana ( fan spammer )
- Sindel ( air scream+low scream rinse and repeat )
- Kenshi ( bf X )
- Reptile ( elbow dash + ed + ed + ed XD )

In EU lot of people think that the score is everything, i got about 600 wins and 137 losses in 1 vs1 but now i practice on 2vs2 at the moment i got 153/33, in my opinion, score is nothing against Skill.
I met very often rage quitters that quit to not have a loss, using chars in tag team like Kano + Kitana ( knife / fan / ecc... ) and having NO skill at all.
Rarely i find really good players... the top 10 will be always conditioned by unskilled players who want to win just pushing 1 button.

Sorry for my english.

there have been different phases of popular characters... first it was all scorpion and smoke, then TONS of ermacs, then a bunch of raidens, then kung laos, then kanos... reptiles...

i still see a lot of smoke and ermacs... but other than that i get a pretty good mix (besides the skarlet and kenshi weeks)
Yeah, it definitely seems to come and go in waves, especially after patches. I fight significantly fewer Kung Laos and Cyraxes post patch. I also rarely fight Scorpion, but I tend to only look for players with good records, so it could be that only the new players use him. Honestly, this game seems to have a pretty good mix of characters that get used, with probably only a handful of exceptions (Sheeva, Stryker, Sonya, etc).

Sonya Blade

Mission Accomplished
Definitely Smoke. I swear, I see this guy all the time.

And of course, there's been a lot of Kenshi as of late, but it makes sense.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
My newest update here with this question since launch:

1. Kung Lao
2. Scorpion
3. Sub-Zero
4. Raiden
5. Smoke
6. Ermac

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
From the UK:

1) Smoke
2) Scorpion
3) Ermac
4) Noob

Easy mode to beat most players of these as they all play the same. I just love rushing scorpion and ermac players with my cage. Fun times.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
The tragedy here is everyone says Scorpion, but everyone also says they all suck.

For players with very high win ratios, it's Raiden by a long shot.

Smoke would be the middle ground between those two.

I know Stryker is the least popular :), as I've only run into 2 my whole life.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
From personal experience:

1. Scorpion - by a landslide
2. Kung Lao - People with the highest ratio's always play him online, honestly feels like he has block infinites online.
3. Ermac
4. Smoke
5. Raiden

Talking about least popular (based on limited online play):

^ Seen a fair amount of strikers people like to use his gun and roll alot. Also I've noticed through all the strikers I've played including the better ones if they beat me they'll ALWAYS do that taze to gunshot fatality.

1. Jade - I've actually seen 0 in my life
2. Sindel - Only ever seen one guy using her
3. Baraka - ^Same
4. Shang tsung
5. Suprisingly I see very few CSZ's despite how good he is, he's not hard to use online either, you'd think a badass robot character would attract more people (maybe its having to unlock him)

wolfie

Noob
for me the top 4 list is:
1. Scorpion
2.Kung Lao
3. Smoke
4. Ermac

ande the least :

1. Kratos
2.Sheeva
3. Baraka
4. Shang Tsung

JrK

Probably Drunk
It's frustrating at times.

Almost all of my matches are vs Smoke, Raiden, Noob, and Kung Lao. And after I beat any one of these toons they immediately pick the next. IE start with smoke, then choose noob, then Raiden. !@#

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
The tragedy here is everyone says Scorpion, but everyone also says they all suck.

For players with very high win ratios, it's Raiden by a long shot.

Smoke would be the middle ground between those two.

I know Stryker is the least popular :), as I've only run into 2 my whole life.
Funnily enough, the Jax players I've come across and had good games with have very good win/loss ratios just because there are so few noobs playing Jax. Raiden's can be a mixed bag. Even the ones with good win/loss ratios can really suck against ssomebody who knows how to handle the matchup, to be honest, because so many online Raiden's have one way of playing and that's it. Online Raiden's and Scorpion's leave the game when they're getting beat far more than most others, in my experience.