What's new

Which Character Is most Used?

Scorpion, smoke and raiden because of their spammable moves ie Tele and superman. A little off topic but I wish people online would leave scorpion to the ones who know how to play him. Because first off scorpion is mid teir at max so if I was new to the game I'd pick johnny cage or kung lao. Also it gives scorpion a bad name and a reputation to all scorp players even the good ones. Sad face

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I rarely see scorpion online. I mostly see kung lao, ermac, jade, mileena and johnny cage.

A lot of times what will happen is that people will see me pick Smoke and assume I'm a scrub and pick a joke character that they don't know how to play. Then, after I whip their ass, they go right for kung lao only to have their asses re-whipped. I win against kung lao 9 out of 10 times just because I have so much experience playing him; by far the most common character from my experience.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
I play CSZ and Stryker online. Unfortunately both work pretty badly online. Stryker can't roll punish on react or zone as well as he should. And CSZ's divekicks work much more poorly. Although I land random slides much more easily. :(

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Scorp and Sub are definitely the most picked due to popularity status, you know it's going to be the ninjas lol

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
By far Kung Lao is the most used character online followed closely by Raiden, Scorpion, Sub-zero, Smoke, Kano, Kitana and Mileena. And like others have said, typically when you defeat their first character, they rush to rematch and select the next character in the list until you beat them all then they ragequit. One trick ponies ftl. Instead of trying desperately to win with one spammy tactic anyone can overcome easily, spend like 10 minutes in training mode and learn how to play one character properly.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
I play CSZ and Stryker online. Unfortunately both work pretty badly online.
i can't speak for stryker but CSZ is suuuuuuuper lag friendly online. his 3 main strings, BP FP FP+BP, FK FK BP, and FK BK are SO deadly online. think of pre patch raiden's FK FK BK and back+FK FP BP. thats how good those are.

people cried for a nerf because of the pressure raiden got out of those strings but cyber sub has the same advantage. csz isn't a popular character so I believe that's the only reason people aren't demanding those strings get hotfixed.

... i'm still a little salty about the raiden nerf. :grr:

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
I play CSZ and Stryker online. Unfortunately both work pretty badly online. Stryker can't roll punish on react or zone as well as he should. And CSZ's divekicks work much more poorly. Although I land random slides much more easily. :(
Lol I get easy wins using cysber sub doing nothing more than divekick, slide, parry, and his kick mixup strings.

Havik

Noob
stryker is 100% mind games. You can dash cancel he's pistol. After semi spaming you should switch to low grenade throws then to keep him there pay attention to your oponent when he jumps there is where you swith to high grenades. he is great for zoning.you get a projectile coming at you roll toss not ballot charge you will go under the projectile and punish your opponent while he recovers or just doesnt expect it I have heard, "what just happened?" once in a fight

My friend plays a mean Stryker online. I would say Jax and Sonya are least used. I've maybe seen 1 Jax and 2 Sonya's. Other than that, I've seen mostly everyone else.

First - Scorpion
Second - Sub
Third - Raiden
Forth - Ermac
Fifth - Kung or smoke.
After that is probably Reptile then whatever the new DLC character is.

Scorpion.

Here's how my matches usually end up when playing online:

Scorpion, scorpion, scorpion, smoke, scorpion, scorpion, maybe an ermac or sub zero, scorpion, scorpion, SHANG TSUNG HOLYSHITWTF!? *Desync* -__-;

Raiden, Kung Lao, Reptile, Scrubrax. Everyone complains about scorpion, for me he's uncommon at best, and I'll maybe play only one smoke a week. Sub-Zero is just as rare. Kabal is extremely ultra-rare (think one of the 5 pieces of exodia rare), and I've never once beaten somebody who plays him.

Kombo

Noob
This is how it usually looks llike when I go online(Helps if you imagine the voice from the character select screen)...

Scorpion, Scorpion, Scorpion, Noob Saibot, Scorpion, Smoke, Raiden, Raiden, Raiden, Noob Saibot, Smoke, Smoke, Reptile, Scorpion, Reptile, Reptile, Noob Saibot, Noob Saibot, Reptile, Scropion, Reptile, Smoke, Smoke, Reptile, Reptile, Reptile, Smoke, Smoke, Raiden, Raiden, Raiden, Scorpion, Scorpion, Ermac, Ermac, Ermac, Smoke, Noob Saibot, Reptile, Noob Saibot, Scorpion, Scorpion, Scorpion, Scorpion, Raiden, Raiden, Kung Lao, Kung Lao, Kung Lao, Raiden, Raiden, Scropion, Scorpion, Scorpion

:throwcomputer: