What's new

Question Where do you rank Bane? Please cast a vote in this thread.

Where is Bane in your mind?

• Total voters

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I agree that they don't present any trouble for Bane, but overall, they are more solid characters with fewer bad match ups and on top of that, no match ups that are as bad as Zatanna vs. Bane.

Also, I think Raven is vastly underrated in general. She has all of three unfavourable MUs and they're not even that bad tbh.

Sinestro I think deserves a solid spot in the top ten and I think Bane is just outside that to be frank.
I dunno, because frankly while they don't have any extremely bad MUs (though from what I heard sinestro has one) they don't have any as drastically in their favour either where as Bane has about... 2 or 3 debatable 7-3 advantages. Also he has more even + advantage than he does losing, and as of now I think theres only one debatable 3-7 left on our plate.

Also Zatanna v Bane, thats a MU that needs a closer look. We've done our work on flash, shes next on the list.

I dunno, I see Raven as a good solid character, but I don't see her being top 10. Like KF has all but 3 unfavorable MUs but people aren't pegging her in top 10 either. Compared to the other characters, Raven is pretty damn honest, and dirt is usually a prerequisite to being in the top slots. But then again, pretty much anything in the top 15 could be "top 10" in some way or another. I just don't agree Raven is one of them.

Sinestro I don't feel like he is either. I never really have. Not to say he isn't viable or good, but just he isn't in my top 10.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Its the buff trap from MK9 all over again, Jax was shite until he got buffed. He went under the radar patch after patch and then tom brady said he was no. 1 and everyone went fucking insane. Eventually they realised he was just solid and barely in top 10.
My favorite time was when Raiden was at #1 and Cage was #20.

Much trolling was to be had at GGA.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
I said 8-10, but 6-7 is definitely possible.

At best:
1)MMH
2)Batgirl
3)Aquaman, Zod
5)Batman, Bane
etc.

At worst:
1)MMH
2)Batgirl
3)Aquaman, Zod
5)Batman
6)Flash, WoWo, B.Adam
9)Superman
10)Sinestro, Zatanna, Bane
etc.

IMO, she's better than Catwoman and Lantern. Equal to Deathstroke. I agree on the rest though. Zatanna could be better than/equal to her as well.
I honestly think he is better than batman tbh

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
I dunno, because frankly while they don't have any extremely bad MUs (though from what I heard sinestro has one) they don't have any as drastically in their favour either where as Bane has about... 2 or 3 debatable 7-3 advantages. Also he has more even + advantage than he does losing, and as of now I think theres only one debatable 3-7 left on our plate.

Also Zatanna v Bane, thats a MU that needs a closer look. We've done our work on flash, shes next on the list.

I dunno, I see Raven as a good solid character, but I don't see her being top 10. Like KF has all but 3 unfavorable MUs but people aren't pegging her in top 10 either. Compared to the other characters, Raven is pretty damn honest, and dirt is usually a prerequisite to being in the top slots. But then again, pretty much anything in the top 15 could be "top 10" in some way or another. I just don't agree Raven is one of them.

Sinestro I don't feel like he is either. I never really have. Not to say he isn't viable or good, but just he isn't in my top 10.
I'm very curious , what made the flash matchup better for bane? He can't duck LC and without trait he HAS to eat a 50/50 or eat the LC , and that is a LOT of damage. Also standing 2 fucks his armor , and phase ruins his charge, I think it's 7-3 if played properly. Thoughts?

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I would say 8-10. My character doesn't have to deal with his BS as much as some characters do, so I can't imagine the struggle if you play Catwoman or Green Arrow. Specifically as a Batgirl player, debuff really doesn't mean anything, because I'll never be able to hit a 50/50 within the 6 seconds it gives me. Especially not against someone like Max.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'm very curious , what made the flash matchup better for bane? He can't duck LC and without trait he HAS to eat a 50/50 or eat the LC , and that is a LOT of damage. Also standing 2 fucks his armor , and phase ruins his charge, I think it's 7-3 if played properly. Thoughts?
The fact that he can duck LC? I made us a way to do it. Grr has actually done it a few times on NLBC, and I myself did it a few times in casuals at FR.

Standing 2 fucks with reckless bane's armor. Bane still outranges him on quite a few normals, and certain moves (body press) outright ignore standing 2 because of their touchbox nature. If theres a bane recklessly charging a flash, he deserves to eat damage. Even still, the flash player has to time the shake right otherwise Bane will recoil stagger too far away for a conventional punish (he can still flying uppercut).

Its a 3-7 if the Bane tries to play the MU like everyone else, but if he knows his tricks and where to press the advantage, its a hard 6-4 but a 6-4 nonetheless imo.
Knowing what I learned, it feels nowhere as bad as the actual debatable 3-7, being Zatanna.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
The fact that he can duck LC? I made us a way to do it. Grr has actually done it a few times on NLBC, and I myself did it a few times in casuals at FR.

Standing 2 fucks with reckless bane's armor. Bane still outranges him on quite a few normals, and certain moves (body press) outright ignore standing 2 because of their touchbox nature. If theres a bane recklessly charging a flash, he deserves to eat damage. Even still, the flash player has to time the shake right otherwise Bane will recoil stagger too far away for a conventional punish (he can still flying uppercut).

Its a 3-7 if the Bane tries to play the MU like everyone else, but if he knows his tricks and where to press the advantage, its a hard 6-4 but a 6-4 nonetheless imo.
Knowing what I learned, it feels nowhere as bad as the actual debatable 3-7, being Zatanna.
Really now ? That's interesting care to elaborate on how to do it? Ducking the LC? I would wanna show that to my friend who I'm helping with the flash mu. And thanks for the feedback .

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Really now ? That's interesting care to elaborate on how to do it? Ducking the LC? I would wanna show that to my friend who I'm helping with the flash mu. And thanks for the feedback .
Pretty much its all on how you duck. Theres about a 3 series on my channel about it, I can't explain in detail (because I cant really form it into words people who aren't me would understand.)

This is the first video, showing a proofing of the fact. At first I thought it was just training mode being buggy, however I also ducked it after a backdash and I've done it in live practice.

This is the 2nd video showing that it does indeed whiff on Bane when he enters a neutral crouch position (holding straight down instead of down-back)

This is the third video with me as flash, to show its not simply P1 side issues (such as Bane staggering too far for superman MB Flying Punch to connect with the last hit) and I was working it from about mid-screen in multiple scenarios.

As I said, its hard to explain but hopefully this shows the gist of it.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I feel he could be 5th, he shits on alot of characters, ignores all frame data, and refuses to take the standardized drug test. He's really making a mockery of the game we've all come to learn and love.
Bane teaches kids that it's okay to do drugs because the consequences are irrelevant. He's a bad influence on young Americans these days. This game should be rated M.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Get this nonsense of wowo being better than bane out of here. The amount of downplaying, dear lord.
You can not argue that she is a more complete char than Bane in multiple ways. I can see the arguments, but you can't deny that. Without bias I feel she's above him.

I feel he could be 5th, he shits on alot of characters, ignores all frame data, and refuses to take the standardized drug test. He's really making a mockery of the game we've all come to learn and love.
Damn it, Arma - start learning Bane again to deal with Aquaman so we don't have to see dreams shattered by d1*trident rush anymore.

You can not argue that she is a more complete char than Bane in multiple ways. I can see the arguments, but you can't deny that. Without bias I feel she's above him.
In what ways is she more complete than Bane?

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
I will say this, wowo on PAPER is a better character then bane. But paper is not what matters in this game. Bane is better for the overwhelming presence he represents. If wowo is pressuring me I can Pushblock or backdash. If bane is pressuring me, his long range normals will catch me and I'll be in his oki game. I've played every legitimate wowo besides goomba, and I have never felt as overwhelmed as I do when fighting against bane. Is he the best? Probably not. But if you people keep sleeping on him, prepare to get your back broken in tournament.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I will say this, wowo on PAPER is a better character then bane. But paper is not what matters in this game. Bane is better for the overwhelming presence he represents. If wowo is pressuring me I can Pushblock or backdash. If bane is pressuring me, his long range normals will catch me and I'll be in his oki game. I've played every legitimate wowo besides goomba, and I have never felt as overwhelmed as I do when fighting against bane. Is he the best? Probably not. But if you people keep sleeping on him, prepare to get your back broken in tournament.
Dude that's one match up she has great defense is able to approach in multiple ways etc, I almost nvr lose to bane because I use flash but I'll lose to wonder woman because she's a better flash, #logic

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Dude that's one match up she has great defense is able to approach in multiple ways etc, I almost nvr lose to bane because I use flash but I'll lose to wonder woman because she's a better flash, #logic
Flash too fast for big strong muscle man.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Its what I'm hearing from both sides, yeah. I personally dont have a number because I dont play against zod.
Hmm I've always considered this advantage Zod: free trait set ups, can swipe and hit at same time to blow up armor, can do his full screen mix ups, godlike back dash that he can cancel into overhead for whiff punish, counter to blow up double punch and venom upper, our dash too long to dash through iazbs so he can just do this til trait comes back, zod charge gets him out of corner and great for whiff punishes, and last but certainly not least is free interactables with trait out or as otgs in debuff... I really don't know how to consider it even when he can do all of this while not even getting close to bane.