What's new

Question Where do you rank Bane? Please cast a vote in this thread.

Where is Bane in your mind?

• Total voters
Probably top 10, probably not top 5

He's hard to rank because he has benefits so much from momentum and has comeback factor and corner game that can make otherwise really difficult match ups completely winnable
Yup, it's always a scary fun time facing a good Bane.

Scary for the one facing him. Fun for the one watching the match.

The ridiculousness of watching Bane tear through an opponent's life bar simply due to a bad read from the opponent is truly mesmerizing. Still can't get tired of watching a good Bane shred someone's life bar to pieces.

I feel Bane is between 8-10. His d1 is such a good footsie tool (can even punish whiff pokes like Shazam's d3), really good forward walkspeed, extremely high damage output, excellent back and forward dash, and has one of.... if not the best oki game in injustice. Plus he has a lot of armour, and his nasty corner game is down right intimidating. Just my two cents from a filthy casual. :)

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
am I crazy for considering bane the best rush down character?
Many people consider wowo and flash top 5 but bane is just as good and has armor.
bane is the only character that can take 20%+ damage from pokes, so stupid l0l
for me to have a fighting chance against bane I need to be using flash l0l

i put him at 6-7 myself

also this idea that bane was bad before and got hugely buffed is total bs, am i the only one who remembers his buffs? he can meterburn the uppercut on whiff but is unsafe on block against lots of characters if he does so, he takes less damage in venom, and a chain was made less unsafe but is still unsafe. that's it! the first two are nice but they're not game changers. i legit thought he sucked for a couple weeks when the game was new but then realized oh, this character has great normals, good speed, great mixups, and great damage output. i kept acting like i thought he sucked to see if nrs would listen to complaints as they had with other characters and buff him even more, but they were too smart for that. and good on them for it.

anyway, he still has some matchup problems, but he's a really good character imo.

edit: best answer is probably still "let's see in a year" tbh

Isn't it crazy that we still haven't seen all of Bane's techs at this point? The top Bane players haven't really used all of Bane's bag of tricks simply because they don't really need to with the current meta - it's more learning match-ups at this point.

Who knows? Maybe in a few months or more as the game matures, we'll put Bane easily in the top 3 contention.

i put him at 6-7 myself

also this idea that bane was bad before and got hugely buffed is total bs, am i the only one who remembers his buffs? he can meterburn the uppercut on whiff but is unsafe on block against lots of characters if he does so, he takes less damage in venom, and a chain was made less unsafe but is still unsafe. that's it! the first two are nice but they're not game changers. i legit thought he sucked for a couple weeks when the game was new but then realized oh, this character has great normals, good speed, great mixups, and great damage output. i kept acting like i thought he sucked to see if nrs would listen to complaints as they had with other characters and buff him even more, but they were too smart for that. and good on them for it.

anyway, he still has some matchup problems, but he's a really good character imo.

edit: best answer is probably still "let's see in a year" tbh
The thing is, Bane didn't go from Vanilla to 1.06 bane. There were a lot of buffs along the way including his dash buff, the universal d2 buff, an additional buff to his venom cooldown, and the removal of the ability to parry his charge.
I personally do think Bane was probably bottom 5 during the games release, but he was probably midtier by the time 1.06 happened. Afterward....he went from being really good and untapped to full blown crazy IMO. As a green arrow player I was bitting my nails about the damage mitigation, and while on paper the uppercut buff might not seem like a huge deal....the effect its had on his wakeup game and his corner pressure is pretty nuts.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Isn't it crazy that we still haven't seen all of Bane's techs at this point?
:DOGE Ikr. Much tech. Many Armor. So game. Wow.

That being said? I think he is in the 8-12 range. I think he loses to a lot of the cast, but most of it is still winnable.
He doesn't have that many winning MUs, but the few he does win are pretty lopsided.

If the game had classic "Counter hit" scaling, Bane would probably be like... top 3.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I've got him in the 13th area.

No order:

Batgirl
Martian
Zod
Aquaman
Wonder Woman
Batman
Black Adam
Flash
Sinestro
Superman
Zatanna
(Debating Frost or Lantern)
Bane
Characters better than Killer Frost:
Zod
Bane
Aquaman
Superman
Black Adam
Batgirl
Batman
Wonder Woman
MMH
Flash
Deathstroke
Catwoman
Sinestro
Green Lantern

= Mid Tier

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
I don't see how he is in the Top 10 but I have him between 16th -20th range. Why is he actually Top 10? His trait helps and hurts him and he's probably the only character that trait helps and hurts him. As a Bane player on debuff, 8 out of 10 times you going to wait out the debuff which is valuable seconds of the clock. I don't see how he beats a methodical zoner, a methodical teleporter, and individuals with tracking moves. @GGA Max is a Godlike Bane but the character compared to the other cast at High-Level play is just not up there in my eyes.

Sorry, I just think people get blowned up by his armor than complain he's broken... but don't want to talk about his debuff and how much it affects his gameplay and the mentality behind it.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I don't see how he is in the Top 10 but I have him between 16th -20th range. Why is he actually Top 10? His trait helps and hurts him and he's probably the only character that trait helps and hurts him. As a Bane player on debuff, 8 out of 10 times you going to wait out the debuff which is valuable seconds of the clock. I don't see how he beats a methodical zoner, a methodical teleporter, and individuals with tracking moves. @GGA Max is a Godlike Bane but the character compared to the other cast at High-Level play is just not up there in my eyes.

SOrry, I just think people get blowned up by his armor than complain he's broken... but don't want to talk about his debuff and how much it affects his gameplay and the mentality behind it.
First off, deathstroke has a way worse trade-off than we do for using trait.

Second, valuable seconds for who? When the Bane gets a life-lead of more than half a life-bar per combo coupled with his insane mobility, the time favors him.

You have 6 seconds to open up the 10th fastest character in the game with normals that span about 1/3 of the screen and give him the ability to take away your chance entirely and put him at advantage should you rush in and take a d.1 or d.2.

You basically have 6 seconds, as a methodical zoner, to make up a 60%+ life deficit before he covers the screen in 2 dashes and chews through the remainder of your life bar.

You basically have 6 seconds, as a "methodical" teleporter, to make up for the 50%+ damage he dealt in the one time hitting you while your entire gameplan revolves around teleporting to avoid that one hit and zoning him out, relying on chip to give you the life lead and force him to move in.

Individuals with tracking moves don't do anything to Bane. He dashes, ducks, dashes, ducks, and while you're doing 2.17% chip with your from the deep you lose 89% the moment I touch you. His dashes cover so much space that most tracking moves outright whiff as he moves forward.

I, as a Bane, have 21 seconds to blow through every attack you have just about and completely dominate you the moment I touch you, with only 6 seconds where I have to back up. Something that would be a problem if his mobility weren't insanely good and him getting back in a much lesser problem then one may think. Against 90% of the cast, his debuff is a bill and doesn't affect his gameplay much at all. It causes a lapse in pressure, but its not one we can't simply remount on characters. Once Bane picks up that life-lead, you no longer have the option of following a set method. People don't talk about his debuff because it doesn't affect him in most MUs barring "this is our only chance to open him up/pressure him back" for a much smaller window of time.

You can take it from me, I've looked deeper into his mechanics than anyone else on this entire site. Bane's cooldown doesn't affect his gameplay all that much, in fact if I were to rate it on a scale compared to how much debuff matters in comparison to other character's problems that stem from their own traits being down, Bane would be in the bottom 5. His trait is extremely, unthinkably good for the minor trade-off we have to pay in exchange. If someone were to say he were in the top 10, I legitimately wouldn't argue with that logic.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Characters better than Bane (also my top however many in order)

MMH
Zod
AM
BM
WW/BG
Flash
Sinestro
Raven
SM
Zatanna
Bane

Characters better than Killer Frost:
Zod
Bane
Aquaman
Superman
Black Adam
Batgirl
Batman
Wonder Woman
MMH
Flash
Deathstroke
Catwoman
Sinestro
Green Lantern

= Mid Tier
Get deathstroke and CW outta there. Also think there's definite potential for her to be better than GL and BA but that's debatable.

Then again, I don't even know why I'm engaging you. You're such an obvious troll it's not funny.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I mostly agree except with whats in red.
I agree that they don't present any trouble for Bane, but overall, they are more solid characters with fewer bad match ups and on top of that, no match ups that are as bad as Zatanna vs. Bane.

Also, I think Raven is vastly underrated in general. She has all of three unfavourable MUs and they're not even that bad tbh.

Sinestro I think deserves a solid spot in the top ten and I think Bane is just outside that to be frank.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
I said 8-10, but 6-7 is definitely possible.

At best:
1)MMH
2)Batgirl
3)Aquaman, Zod
5)Batman, Bane
etc.

At worst:
1)MMH
2)Batgirl
3)Aquaman, Zod
5)Batman
6)Flash, WoWo, B.Adam
9)Superman
10)Sinestro, Zatanna, Bane
etc.

IMO, she's better than Catwoman and Lantern. Equal to Deathstroke. I agree on the rest though. Zatanna could be better than/equal to her as well.