What's new

What other communities think about mk/injustice community

Vagrant

Noob
I'm gonna quote Celerity here

"I have to say, having registered for the TYM forums recently and being fairly active there, it's like stepping into a goddamn time machine back to SRK circa 2001. It's not just that they handle things differently; their scene as a whole is less mature, less developed. They bitch endlessly about things that multi-game FGC veterans simply shrug off and adapt to. Their best players have a much lower level of understanding and experience than any community I've seen, including the anime & Smash FGC.

Mind you, this has nothing to do with skill. I know they have skilled players. "Scrub" does not refer to someone who is bad at fighting games. It refers to someone who blames his losses on stuff like counterpicks and "cheap" interactables. A scrub calls for a character to be banned because he doesn't like fighting the character, and refuses to play the character himself. A great player can be a scrub. SRK used to be full of scrubs, and of course, they still exist everywhere, but there are far fewer here than there used to be, because the scene has had time to grow, and mods actually do their job filtering out useless posts and educating. In time, I hope TYM can grow out of their scrubbiness too."

100% Dead on

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I'm gonna quote Celerity here

"mods actually do their job filtering out useless posts and educating. In time, I hope TYM can grow out of their scrubbiness too."

100% Dead on
This is the most accurate part of the post. I don't necessarily agree w/the rest, cause SRK has has just as many if not more scrubs than this site (simply because it's a larger community. For every 1 good player you get 10 scrubs). This is no different than 8wayrun (soul calibur) and Tekkenzaibatsu (tekken). The mods on the other sites don't allow a certain somebody to constantly create threads over and over complaining about a char, then calling everybody else out for complaining. This person riles up the masses then calls them fools. Huge problem on this site and sadly very few people see it. The mods here are way too nice

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Everyone completely missed the point of what these guys are saying.

It has nothing to do with caring about how they feel about us. What matters is the points they brought up. Top players clammering for character bans after a MONTH of a character being available that, truthfully, no one has had time to learn. Instead of actually learning, devising strategies, and whatnot, everyone just threw their hands up in the air and went "THIS IS STUPID BAN BAN BAN!" Like, wtf? You guys had to deal with Kabal, knew he was stupid, and not once did you ban him.

Instead of just skimming over shit, and saying "Meh, sounds like ADAPT MORE FGTS elitists", how about you actually pay attention to what has been said? A lot of those guys commenting have been playing FGs competitively longer than most of you even cared to think, hell they've been doing so longer than I have been. It's not like they're talking out of their asses.

You guys may have learned MK9, but that doesn't make you any wiser about FGs if you aren't even really bothering to apply what you learned about getting better in that time. It's basically like you guys didn't really get better at all.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Who cares how other communities see our game? They don't have the same expertise we do, and vice versa when we talk about their games, so just leave it.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
I play mostly capcom fighters. I think a lot of good information is harder to find here in general because nobody really shares as much as the other games like Capcom (shoryuken) and Namco games (tekkenzaibatsu, 8wayrun)

This website community feels like it's waiting for hand outs, and the very few people that do share, some of them are too smug and condescending. If you look on the other gaming forums, there's new videos and real information being posted weekly. In here, people claim a of basic things as "tech" and break throughs when they're not really at all that useful or surprising in other games.

Just a brief observation. I have been here on and off since Mk9 release and I'm more of a regular since Injustice release.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: JrK
I only have this to say. I do see a lot crying and complaining on here. But as much of that as I see, there is useful and helpful info on here as well. I learned more from here and mku about mk9 and injustice than I did about sf or Mvc on SRK.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
If you want to insult dustloop just remind them they only play dead games. Seriously though, as someone new to tym the only thing that looks bad besides the constant nerf and buff rants would be the pointless posts under threads intended for info that are full of arguments and insults. I have no right to say anything since I come here to gain more than to contribute, but it gets annoying when you go to a character subforum to learn and have to scroll through pages of insults before you can find a good post with good info. That looks bad for the community. I play and travel for a lot of fgs, but as much as I enjoy igau, have to admit it is scrubby. Still fun, but there is definitely a lack of depth in the system and character execution. I appreciate that fundamentals dictate outcomes and the balance is good enough that player skill outweighs the character, but I still think it is seen as a scrubby game.

DLA

Noob
All communities have problems. Some of the top players here may complain a bit but atleast they still post here and discuss things with us non top players. The top players of Capcom games abandoned SRK forums a long time ago, I wonder why.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
All communities have problems. Some of the top players here may complain a bit but atleast they still post here and discuss things with us non top players. The top players of Capcom games abandoned SRK forums a long time ago, I wonder why.
There's 10x the people on that site. Which equals a higher frequency of poor posts like the ones you see here.

Some of the vets on SRK do still post, though.

I legit wasn't going to post but I saw this thread and the responses make me laugh.

People "don't care" 5 pages worth of forum text...just saying.

I hate this entire community hive mindset of sticking with your own and insulting all else. If you want to play games just play games, why does it have to always be "yea man I rep MY game dawg!!" People keep acting like they can't ever support more than one game and that is the major issue overall with the fgc.

You say you don't care, problem is one of most important aspect is the outsiders perspective on any community. Without caring about the outsiders your game will never grow and people will never give it a chance. This goes for any and every community out there. If you really didn't care you wouldn't be trying to get others to play Injustice or MK at all.

Reactions: JrK

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
You say you don't care, problem is one of most important aspect is the outsiders perspective on any community. Without caring about the outsiders your game will never grow and people will never give it a chance. This goes for any and every community out there. If you really didn't care you wouldn't be trying to get others to play Injustice or MK at all.
It's easy to complain, it's harder to find a solution. SRK has always looked down on games that are not capcom. Tekken has not always had respect and had to work at it. Yet, the Tekken community never gave 2 shit what SRK thought. SRK has been around longer, they are the big dog who really has their community and does not have to include others.

However, MK/IGAU have their own community as well. Granted it's young, but we have the same level of incompetence at this site vs SRK, Tekkenzaibatsu, 8wayrun.com, etc. What exactly is your suggestion? An open love letter to SRK to be nice to us? I've already stated my major issue, that our top players constantly making threads w/complaints isn't helping. That doesn't mean the entire community is complaining. Complaint threads here, they need to be shut down instead of encouraged. That is not a community problem, that's a website problem. By all means, fire your suggestions away

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
I think the complaint threads would be okay if they were addressed differently. When a top player makes a thread, I always read just because I trust those guys understand the game better than anyone else. I don't always agree but I take in the objective information listed. If people responded by disagreeing and factually/objectively stated the reasons why it could be an informative discussion. Instead, those thread replies are like scrolling through the comments of a YouTube video. Angry and off topic is not only a waste of time, but those arguing often counter with bad/inaccurate information which is the biggest poison to any forum. If MLG is seriously looking at igau, and it's something tym community wants, it's time to clean the forums up with the same urgency as cleaning your house before your parents visit.

Reactions: Jy0

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
A New Angel Is Advent The problem w/our "top players" making threads is they not only make troll accounts and make our community look bad, they don't take their time w/new chars coming out, they make posts pulled out of thin air and if they are questioned, they just say "well, I'm a top player and we just "know" this stuff". It makes our community as a whole look incompetent, which we aren't, cause MANY community members call them on their BS.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
That makes sense too. It took me weeks before I found the knowledgable contributors buried underneath the angry scrubs. A specific suggestion for improvement is having mods lock threads when they become uninformative/pointless. They could also delete individual posts in threads if the responses are off topic. Trash talk is a necessity for hype, but only when it is about to lead into an actual game.

It's easy to complain, it's harder to find a solution. SRK has always looked down on games that are not capcom. Tekken has not always had respect and had to work at it. Yet, the Tekken community never gave 2 shit what SRK thought. SRK has been around longer, they are the big dog who really has their community and does not have to include others.

However, MK/IGAU have their own community as well. Granted it's young, but we have the same level of incompetence at this site vs SRK, Tekkenzaibatsu, 8wayrun.com, etc. What exactly is your suggestion? An open love letter to SRK to be nice to us? I've already stated my major issue, that our top players constantly making threads w/complaints isn't helping. That doesn't mean the entire community is complaining. Complaint threads here, they need to be shut down instead of encouraged. That is not a community problem, that's a website problem. By all means, fire your suggestions away
As an outsider I could say the same about many communities looking down upon other games. You have to take it with a grain of salt.

When you say SRK who are you referring to? This whole glossing over b/s needs to stop. If you are talking about the trolls, they complain but they will be the first to watch and play the games. People shat on MK9 yet were always still watching.

I'm not apart of any community, but the crap I constantly see is a lot of assuming and acting like "some trolls from that community said it so they must all believe it!" It's like if your girl cheats on you then you suddenly hate all females because of it. I just never understood that stupid mindset at all.

As far as players complaining, nothing you can do about it.
A New Angel Is Advent The problem w/our "top players" making threads is they not only make troll accounts and make our community look bad, they don't take their time w/new chars coming out, they make posts pulled out of thin air and if they are questioned, they just say "well, I'm a top player and we just "know" this stuff". It makes our community as a whole look incompetent, which we aren't, cause MANY community members call them on their BS.
I do agree with you on this aspect. Many people just don't care to learn the game before complaining.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
That makes sense too. It took me weeks before I found the knowledgable contributors buried underneath the angry scrubs. A specific suggestion for improvement is having mods lock threads when they become uninformative/pointless. They could also delete individual posts in threads if the responses are off topic. Trash talk is a necessity for hype, but only when it is about to lead into an actual game.
I've been asking forever now to delete a certain posters topics, this person is just making our community look bad and not only this, he claims he is a top player when he has not even proven it in this game. He has no problem name dropping who he plays w/though. It's like the fat chick hanging out at the beach w/the skinny girls thinking she herself is skinny cause of her company. It's cute at first but now it's annoying 4 months later

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
nice analogy new angel. I see now what nori means though. a lot of nerf/complaint threads at srk get locked or deleted while here they just continue and spawn. I think it's the supposed "top" players here that cry that's a huge difference as well.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I legit wasn't going to post but I saw this thread and the responses make me laugh.

People "don't care" 5 pages worth of forum text...just saying.

I hate this entire community hive mindset of sticking with your own and insulting all else. If you want to play games just play games, why does it have to always be "yea man I rep MY game dawg!!" People keep acting like they can't ever support more than one game and that is the major issue overall with the fgc.

Who says that the TYM community doesnt care about other fightinggames? Where do you get this?
The fact is, this site has exploded since Injustice came out, i think the memberslist might have quadrupled.
More members=more scrubby posts.
So far i think TYM is doing a good job...just my opinion and u don't have to care :p

Besides most of other fighting communties DO respect us, its not because random streammonsters hate, that they stand for the whole FGC.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Well I just started to finally sit down and learn AE and so I started to surf SRK for reasearch and I have even joined the site to ask for information and help here and there and thus far they have done nothing, but welcome me to the community and they even know I am a TYMer and my experience has been from playing IGAU and MK9. They haven't bashed me for this at all, actually I have even been asked quetsions on helping several of their members better understand our games. They have thus far been helpful to me, so what I see is a case of our Trolls vs. Their Trolls.

I will admit to one thing, I have seen a very large amount of complaint threads, but these aren't all bad, we should complain and definately get that crap out of our systems, but sometimes I've seen it going way too far, which is why I do not like all these insane nerf threads. Each character has on the site has their own dedcated forum and I feel that a mod should make one thread all about what nerfs people feel should happen and one about the buffs they need. Most of these nerf threads become nothing more than a pissing match of scrubs bitching and others yelling level up and stop whining. It does make our community look immature and personally we should strive to set a standard that sets us apart from others, rather than just act like everyone else. Our recent attack on the kid from YouTube didn't help our image either, sure we came back and said we were sorry(as well as he did too) and all and have been trying to help the guy, but it still hurts our image as well.

As for our top players coming on here and griping, well they are allowed to voice their opinions as much as everyone, but I would rather expect to see those posts be of a more professional manner, especially when its players like Brady, Reo, and PL. These guys are sponsored and in a sense considered pro-players and should act the role. If they wanna downplay each other talk smack to each other fine, but honestly, they tend to lack a sense of professionalism and since many of us do look up to them and strive to be where they stand, they should put off a standard. (Now bear in mind I am not attacking these guys)

I am only viocing my opinion and it is what it is, My opinion! I try to make posts that are useful and present a good point and I am just as guilty as any other memeber to complain or make a troll post. This is mostly me giving an overview of what I have seen on the site and for the most part everyone has been helpful and kind to me about helping me level up, I only started playing on a competetive level recently at most several months ago right before IGAU dropped. I tried my best to stay unbiased in this assessment of the community and use logic and reasoning and this is how I have seen it.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
All I can do is shake my head.

From one of the links:

I have to say, having registered for the TYM forums recently and being fairly active there, it's like stepping into a goddamn time machine back to SRK circa 2001. It's not just that they handle things differently; their scene as a whole is less mature, less developed. They bitch endlessly about things that multi-game FGC veterans simply shrug off and adapt to. Their best players have a much lower level of understanding and experience than any community I've seen, including the anime & Smash FGC.

Mind you, this has nothing to do with skill. I know they have skilled players. "Scrub" does not refer to someone who is bad at fighting games. It refers to someone who blames his losses on stuff like counterpicks and "cheap" interactables. A scrub calls for a character to be banned because he doesn't like fighting the character, and refuses to play the character himself. A great player can be a scrub. SRK used to be full of scrubs, and of course, they still exist everywhere, but there are far fewer here than there used to be, because the scene has had time to grow, and mods actually do their job filtering out useless posts and educating. In time, I hope TYM can grow out of their scrubbiness too.
I agree with every word of this quote, and I for one am embarassing to see all these professed "fighting game players" and "top players" alike so unwilling to research and develope tech to win. We (the TYM community) would rather cry and complain in order to get something handed to us than work it out, improve, and become better players for it. Please someone tell me the point of choosing one charcter of the other if the end goal is to cry and complain in order have all the characters nerfed in to carbon copies of the others?

So many times I've seen the "play to win" mantra spoken around here, but now, in this very thread, its as if the scrubs have taken over TYM, and everyone is ok with it.

P.S. - Just so I'm clear, in my mind FG players are the best type of game players. We (the FGC as a whole) strive to be the best through the constant sharing of tech and experiences so we can all become better and win at all costs...I think TYM has lost / is looisng sight of this.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Who cares how other communities see our game? They don't have the same expertise we do, and vice versa when we talk about their games, so just leave it.
Seriously, everytime you post I loose a little more respect for you as a player.

In MK9 I rooted for you, and I remember plenty of times you whooping me on XBL MK9 so I felt as though you had a clue.

I'm realizing more and more that you don't know what you are talking about.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Seriously, everytime you post I loose a little more respect for you as a player.

In MK9 I rooted for you, and I remember plenty of times you whooping me on XBL MK9 so I felt as though you had a clue.

I'm realizing more and more that you don't know what you are talking about.
Ok then, find me 1 capcom player that knows more about Injustice than I do. By that statement you should be able to do it easily.

I obviously don't know what I'm talking about, I never innovated any sorts of playstyles that you still see in MK or Injustice. But a Capcom player surely has.

The way the Capcom community sees us isnt the be all and end all. If we're worried about getting new players in, why would we WANT the capcom lot? It's their choice if they wanna play our shit, but new blood can come from anywhere.

I wasn't a fighting game player, if you knew about me you'd know I came from Halo. People shit their pants too much on here thinking about the Capcom crowd. Do you think that all the COD players are Ex-Halo players? Or that COD Kids gave a fuck what the Halo kids thought of them?
Halo was massive at first, then it died, Cod was nothing at first, then it exploded.

Each community survives off of its own strength, not on the strength of another one that is ulitmately irrelevant to them.

Maybe I have a 'scrubby' mentality then I guess, in their blanket term, we have no experience cause our games are new.... despite the fact I've probably been competing in shit for alot longer than a vast majority of them.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Onilordasmodeus It's like how parents are w/kids. There are 2 kinds. There are the kinds who gives their kids everything they want, no matter if it's good for them or not. They don't want to see them cry. Or, the kind who are better IMO, and only give what is truly needed, not cause they want it.

Capcom/Namco, overall, are the kind to only give nerfs/balances that truly need it. Sentinel from MvC3 is a rare example of them panicking too early.

NRS, look at the history. They are so desperate to keep up w/capcom/namco, they will do anything to make their fanbase happy. The hardcore fans don't really have as big a voice, but the online community will always get what they want. The most popular chars are Superman/Batman. Think it's a coincidence they are barely touched? They will continue to water down IGAU like they watered down MK9. I kind of feel bad for NRS, cause they seem like they really want to make everybody happy but the old school guys know it's simply impossible.

Long story short, the NRS crowd will continue to ask for nerfs/buffs simply cause they know there is a chance they will get something if they scream loud enough. However, what people shouldn't forget either, is you will find just as many people on other major sites asking for shit too. It's just that capcom/namco are smart enough to ignore the trolls