What's new

What other communities think about mk/injustice community

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
They also said Bane was low tier, Shazam was the best grappler, Harley was bottom tier, Catwoman was S tier, and on and on and on

The game is changing whether people want to admit it or not.
Bane and Shazam and Harley WERE low tier before ALL the buffs. Buffing the lower characters is ALWAYS good.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Bane and Shazam and Harley WERE low tier before ALL the buffs. Buffing the lower characters is ALWAYS good.
Harley got nerfed the first patch. Bane I agree, Shazam was considered the best grappler and now he is shit tier(supposedly)

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
In what way does it matter?

So a little back story. This is my first fighting game. I come from a very competitive background in Dota/dota2 and HoN. Played at a high level. The Dota and League community situation eerily mirrors the Capcom/NRS one. The fact of the matter is you are playing a video game, and the bottom line is whether you enjoy it or not. Both communities can, and will exist regardless of what animosity they may have towards each other, and its MUCH worse in MOBAS. There's no reason to give a quarter of a fuck what another group of people thinks about your hobby no more so than it matters what a stranger thinks of the car you drive or how you dress. Kinda like you shouldn't care that I think finishing every post of yours with your own name and trademark next to it is tacky as fuck.
Firstly, I didn't intend to insult you. You seem kinda angry. So let me more clearly define what I meant by my comment. In your original post you made a sweeping statement about how we all learned as children that it doesn't matter what other people think about you and that this viewpoint should continue to be valid today. I disagree. I think that it's immature and short sighted. How people view you, and the communities and organizations you are involved with greatly affects your opportunities going forward. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what you we're trying to say is that your sense of self worth should not be derived from other people's opinions of you. If that is the case, we are in agreement. But the mentality of "I don't care what anybody thinks about anything I say or do" is juvenile.

In your response to my reply, you first start off by telling me that you've played other fighting games before (I'm guessing it was a typo when you said this was your first FG...). Then you say that you've experienced community animosity before. Then you kind of lose me when you talk about how both communities will continue to exist regardless of what one thinks of the other. I fail to see how your reply is relevant to my post at all, except under the false presupposition that public perception equates to self worth.

And hey, if you don't like my sig, I'm OK with that. Different strokes for different folks, I guess...but try to keep it classy and be nice.

Ghosty™

They also said Bane was low tier, Shazam was the best grappler, Harley was bottom tier, Catwoman was S tier, and on and on and on

The game is changing whether people want to admit it or not.

And then a little time went by and people learned how they really were.
You can get a general idea what a character is like pretty quick but a little more time is needed to see how they actually fan out in practice against the rest of the cast.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
And then a little time went by and people learned how they really were.
You can get a general idea what a character is like pretty quick but a little more time is needed to see how they actually fan out in practice against the rest of the cast.
Except people's general idea was WAY OFF of what it is now, and the game is STILL changing. People need to stop bitching, there is nothing comparable to Kenshi and Kabal in this game due to universal defense options for all of the cast.

Except people's general idea was WAY OFF of what it is now, and the game is STILL changing. People need to stop bitching, there is nothing comparable to Kenshi and Kabal in this game due to universal defense options for all of the cast.

Exactly, of what it is NOW. They took the characters against the rest of them an saw that, while their tools might look good, the clash poorly against others.

And you never truly know. Some time from now, with a few more nerfs/buffs you guys could have another super fucked up character on your hands, though I do hope that doesn't happen.

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
Exactly, of what it is NOW. They took the characters against the rest of them an saw that, while their tools might look good, the clash poorly against others.

And you never truly know. Some time from now, with a few more nerfs/buffs you guys could have another super fucked up character on your hands, though I do hope that doesn't happen.
flash is already fucked up and has been fucked up and people refuse to see it. He's like killer frost with a plus frame slide he can literally maul your face with plus frames off of fast ass high lows shit on all zoning all long range pokes has a newly buffed dash that recovers ridiculously fast has aa combos that do near 50 % and yeah his damage is the highest in the game idk why people cant win with this character i pick him one out of 50 or a hundred games and just molly whop people shit as a matter of fact i should just switch before the bandwagon starts rolling pecause once people see more flash there is definitely gonna be more flash.

GrundyFox

I will spit on your tomb!
Nothing on SRK should be taken seriously. To them if it's not SF/Marvel, you're a scrub LOLCOPTERSGETOUTNOOB so.........yeah, really don't care.

What Nori said.

This is my first NRS game I have ever bought. I have been a very long time Capcom player (longer than some of you have been alive) and even I wouldn't evoke SRK. Its the finest collection of aholes, wannabe elitist, and general prickery of the FGC. Why even bother to worry about what anyone thinks? Just play your game and enjoy it.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I read both links. I don't care personally. If you don't like TestYourMight then DONT VISIT it. It's that simple. Nobody has a gun to your head telling you to come here. If you don't like what we post then go post on your website. The logic is flawed to me. We as a whole should be trying to bring the FGC Mainstream exposure so the bigger players cant get even better sponsors, and maybe even one day be a REAL sport & respected.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
To be fair. This kommunity began to look Scrubbier when Injustice dropped.

People looking in from the outside just know how it is now and not how it used to be.

Also, Top players complain because their voices will be heard. Other communities would have more people complaining too if they had developers that actually gave a shit like we do. Even a lot of the top players that complain still try to find ways around it. That's what makes them top players to begin with.

That said, all kommunities have their scrubs and people always want to find an excuse to feel like they are better than others.

They also said Bane was low tier, Shazam was the best grappler, Harley was bottom tier, Catwoman was S tier, and on and on and on.
Pretty sure Bane is low tier. Not convinced that the reports of all these sick Bane wins aren't just Hakan syndrome; people see a bunch of unfamiliar tech from an underrepresented character and go "Oh, he's good now! Top tier!" when that isn't the case at all once people figure out the shenanigans.

Every character has a universal answer to Bane's double punch/command throw pressure. But shhhhhhh.

Other communities would have more people complaining too if they had developers that actually gave a shit like we do.
Capcom gives more shits, as they actually put time and thought into their patches.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
People love to talk shit.
This is a firm community, give two fucks less for what people say, bro.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
mk9 also "died" ( I know not completely) rather quickly. I whole heartedly believe it was all the nerfs and "hot" patches NRS did to make a lot of babies happy. and it's the babies that aren't going to continue to breathe life in a FG. the babies will cry no matter what.
some tweeking definitely was needed though, characters like Kung Lao were not "fine" the way they were, with a very hard to punish spin and 2,4 low hat all day won EVO.

Thank God they tweeked it, or the game might have died or something. Developing a meta is for low tier fighting games like street fighter and marvel.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I mean, when I picked up Cammy, Chun and Sakura I went to the SRK community to learn. I asked basic shit like which of them is which tier, how the changes affect them as compared to the "old" rulesets, etc. I got the fuck of a lifetime trolled out of me with no relevant response among about fifty posts in twentyfour hours.

Not that I got any good response when I asked here about Jade back in '11, but I'm pretty sure if I were to pick up a main in Injustice I'd get treated to a lot of support as this community evolves.

'Far as I'm concerned, as long as a community is more inclined to troll than to help newbies, they have no right to criticise another community.
Give two fucks less imo.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I read the posts the op linked to. They aren't bashing the game (seems like a number actually play) they're just saying tym is full of whiny crybabies. Certainly seems that's accurate to me.
TYM has just as many whiny crybabies as every other major site. That's my only point

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
The tittle caught my attention!
But all i will say... Nobody gives a fuck about what they think about us! LOL why the fuck i would take care about them? If they talk shit i beat them, gtfo and next :)