What's new

What other communities think about mk/injustice community

aj1701

Noob
Where, at any point in my post, did *I* say it took a year?
That is a verbatim copy/paste of someone's post from SRK.

I don't know Marvel. Don't claim to. So I'll just have to take the word of one who is so "enlightened" that you can simply "adapt" to anything and everything.
Why does it matter it took a year? If something really is that good, you should jump on it. Taking the time, even a year, to learn to get past something only makes you a better player.

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
Why does it matter it took a year? If something really is that good, you should jump on it. Taking the time, even a year, to learn to get past something only makes you a better player.
but it shouldn't take a year!!! why do I have to invest time into something to get better!!! why can't I just Pick it up and beat good players!!! sarcasm rulez.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
fair enough that you didn't say that. but you agreed with the point. which is a ludicrous point. but since you didn't know then that's ok. what i'm saying for you then was that wesker is a character that after time became solid but not overpowering. Capcom didn't patch and stayed the course. and it was figured out that he has weaknesses... major ones... but hear ppl scream DS is too cheap I can't do anything YARARRRRR! and NRS nerfed him. unwarranted. now it wasn't that big of a nerf so no major harm done but really DS wasn't even top 5 before the patch.... just seemed needless. but ppl didn't want to "level up" and figure away around it. most people weren't even complaining about good DS zoners but just the spammers and they lacked the experience (and the will to get it) to counter someone doing the same moves over again. it's just silly.
Wouldn't bane's venom rushdown beat ds guns? Idk just a guess from watching igau on yt. Haven't played it.

Not really. It just makes you better at dealing with that particular brand of bullshit. If you wanna talk about how doing something would make people better, go point fingers at the people who play the stupid characters to begin with.

Also, Jy0 , not an IGAU player myself, but from everything I've seen from people who aren't idiots, DS indeed did not need to be nerfed. Those who said he did simply didn't know what they're talking about.
Things I believe should be nerfed/fixed actually DO need to be nerfed/fixed, and they're all the obvious things like Kabal, Kenshi, etc. Things that clearly outperform almost everything else in the game for(usually) significantly less effort than anything else.

aj1701

Noob
Not really. It just makes you better at dealing with that particular brand of bullshit.
Disagree. You'll likely have a new way of thinking about a problem, or perhaps hone your reflexes to react more quickly.

The reason the FGC has taken the learn to deal attitude is because it works. There can be things that are just broken, but that's pretty rare I'd think. Remember, fight games started in the arcade where if you really wanted to win you had no choice but to adapt because there was no patch coming.

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
Not really. It just makes you better at dealing with that particular brand of bullshit. If you wanna talk about how doing something would make people better, go point fingers at the people who play the stupid characters to begin with.

Also, Jy0 , not an IGAU player myself, but from everything I've seen from people who aren't idiots, DS indeed did not need to be nerfed. Those who said he did simply didn't know what they're talking about.
Things I believe should be nerfed/fixed actually DO need to be nerfed/fixed, and they're all the obvious things like Kabal, Kenshi, etc. Things that clearly outperform almost everything else in the game for(usually) significantly less effort than anything else.
and at that I would bow to your wisdom because i'm not an mk 9 player ;) but mk9 has had plenty of time to figure out what needs fixed. IGAU hasn't. so I concur sir! and if the community was perfect a KF main would tell the ppl having trouble with her how to stop some of the stuff... or supes player or what have you. sometimes they do... sometimes they don't. that's where practice comes in. but doing it online can be an exercise in frustration lol.

Disagree. You'll likely have a new way of thinking about a problem, or perhaps hone your reflexes to react more quickly.

The reason the FGC has taken the learn to deal attitude is because it works. There can be things that are just broken, but that's pretty rare I'd think. Remember, fight games started in the arcade where if you really wanted to win you had no choice but to adapt because there was no patch coming.

And those days are gone. Now if somethings wrong it can actually be addressed.
Don't get me wrong, I still think you should make a real effort to the best of your abilities to approach something that gives you trouble from as many angles as you can, but if more and more time starts going by and nothing really reliable has come to light, maybe it's time a little fixing is in order.

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy

double concur with that! I'm all about the sf way. (which I didn't like totally but it seems the best so far) once a year update. the main problem I had with sf is that they seemed to "water down" most of the cast and the game just got too boring. gimme my 75% Batman resets any day lol.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
An outside observer is going to determine that either (1) NRS can't make a balanced game to save their lives
Psst. Spoiler alert. You nailed it.

It kinda sucks though, since they make really FUN games. But their design always seems to favor style first, which tends to create problems.

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
Don't get me wrong, I still think you should make a real effort to the best of your abilities to approach something that gives you trouble from as many angles as you can, but if more and more time starts going by and nothing really reliable has come to light, maybe it's time a little fixing is in order.
I think you and aj1701 are on the same page. what we are saying is that IGAU hasn't been given that time yet. your example in MK and UMVC didn't apply. balance is good. but too much change without time put in is bad

aj1701

Noob
But you all should seriously stop bitching because people WITHIN The IGAU community are getting really tired of it(me included).
Agree with this. I've lost a lot of respect for this site. Seems like even some of the skilled players talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

Community had their chance, they insisted on getting rid of a mixup a different character had that could only be legitimately abused on one character.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Scorpion is a great example of why the bitching is bad. People at CEO started adapting, anti-strats had started to form, and then he was nerfed into the ground.

The funny thing is, people STILL bitch about him. I was playing a local one the other night and I could straight up duck the j1/j3 and make them both whiff. That is how bad the hitbox is now lol

aj1701

Noob
Just because it can be addressed doesn't mean it should. Maybe nrs should just patch in a win button while they're at it.

I think you and aj1701 are on the same page. what we are saying is that IGAU hasn't been given that time yet. your example in MK and UMVC didn't apply. balance is good. but too much change without time put in is bad

I feel a month is at least enough time to start getting things into perspective a bit. Not everything needs to marinate for a year or more before you can say anything about it.
Everyone was in agreement early on that Aqua Man, Black Adam, etc. were the top tiers and thus far that's held true.

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
Agree with this. I've lost a lot of respect for this site. Seems like even some of the skilled players talk the talk but don't walk the walk.
funny that's why I quit checking on here before. I was thinking it might have slowed down some by now. :/

aj1701

Noob
funny that's why I quit checking on here before. I was thinking it might have slowed down some by now. :/
Don't get me wrong; I don't play igau I came here for MK and I've learned a lot from this site about that game, but there is and incredible amount of crying. It seems worse for igau.

Reactions: Jy0

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
I feel a month is at least enough time to start getting things into perspective a bit. Not everything needs to marinate for a year or more before you can say anything about it.
Everyone was in agreement early on that Aqua Man, Black Adam, etc. were the top tiers and thus far that's held true.
I disagree with a month being long enough.... but that's just my opinion. I think Aquaman and BA are very good characters. but not broken and needing fixing by any stretch of the imagination. I thought you didn't play injustice?

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
Don't get me wrong; I don't play igau I came here for MK and I've learned a lot from this site about that game, but there is and incredible amount of crying. It seems worse for igau.
because of the DC it brought a bunch of more casual audience in... which is good!!! but it seems there is a lot of crying from "hardcore" FG which just baffles me. they are saying things that I would expect newcomers to say... not seasoned vets so to speak

"Community is full of scrubs > NRS listens to community > Game becomes scrubby > Community attracts more scrubs

It's a vicious cycle. We're lucky Japanese games aren't balanced by American opinions."

Hahaha, this comment is pithy as fuck.

I disagree with a month being long enough.... but that's just my opinion. I think Aquaman and BA are very good characters. but not broken and needing fixing by any stretch of the imagination. I thought you didn't play injustice?

I don't, but I still come here to see what's going on and hoping MK makes a resurgence.
Also, it's pretty hard to not come across basic info like that. :p

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
They also said Bane was low tier, Shazam was the best grappler, Harley was bottom tier, Catwoman was S tier, and on and on and on

The game is changing whether people want to admit it or not.