What's new

What makes you WANT to ragequit??

Reedoms

Noob
Kano upball and knife spam.
You'd think that Noob could outspam his knives, but the recovery on Kanos throws are just retarded as hell.

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
LMAO this guy in a lobby kept saying "I'm UNBEATABLE! None of you can take me!"
So I scroll over to his name, and he has 300 wins, 900 losses. I was like, "W/L doesn't really matter." And I challenge him.
I picked Noob, he picked Raiden (bad matchup, right?). I nearly flawlessed him in the first round.
Halfway into the second, the session was disconnected, so we couldn't finish (it wasn't his fault).
What does he do? Starts spamming in the lobby, "Man, I kicked that kids ASS!"
Rofl @ the narcissism xD
Fact: Any player that talks smack in the lobbies is almost always terrible regardless of how their W/L ratio may look. And trust me I know, I've made it a goal of mine to humiliate these trash talkers and I've found with their character they abuse one tactic that only people new to the game will succumb to. So guys, do us all a favor and put these retards in their place when you see them talk smack.

aj1701

Noob
You should get stoned before playing this game online, helps alot. if you have scrips pop a pill or two. Kinda helps with the whole "lag flow" thing going on online. You'd be surprised how much you'd be laughing at all the cheese if you try this method. If drugs ain't your thing I supposea beer or two would help lol
When I was playing MK2 on PSN I found I'd play better after a few drinks, lol.

SZSR

Noob
People mirroring you because apparently they can beat you with your own character. I'm a Smoke player so it really pisses me off when people do that, but today some player called 1MrDiego1, who is good don't get me wrong, did that to me after I annihilated his Sub-Zero and Kenshi and then got close against his Scorpion all three times we had a Smoke/Scorpion battle. He mirrors me (and I usually have no problem in Smoke mirrors) but this time, he kept up with and beat me. Infuriated, I pressed "No" which I probably shouldn't have in the long run but he probably would've "Noed" me because of how my Smoke was doing so well. I need to face better Smoke players, and get more used to this online if I want to shut these pretentious little kids up. That really makes me want to rage quit.

/vent off

I've got a few things that piss me off on here:

1. Subby Wubby mirror matches. It's like chess with handless kids.

2. Online lag.

3. Raiden. I honestly can bear Kung Lao, but not online Raiden. Never has a character pissed me off so much in a game.

4. Smoke mirror matches. Every Smoke I play just throws Smoke balls and Telepunches when you move. And loses when they lose 1/3 to 1/2 of their health for one mistake.

5. Lobby chatrooms. I try to challenge the lobby monsters as often as possible( CHALLENGE ME N00BZ LOLOL crap like that, I hate the spam), and if they decline, troll them enough into a ragematch. Then the lobby fills with "SPAMMER U SUCK SPAMMING NOOB", oh well.

6. Please download the compatibility packs, for god's sake. Instead of people being asswhipes, just take the costumes and let others use what they paid for.

Rapid

Magical Gaming Wizard
When I lose, and not only are they going to do a fatality, but they don't know it off the top of their head, AND THEY'LL MAKE YOU WAIT!!!!
Also, when they do nothing but jump at you the whole game, and it turns into me anti air uppercutting them to try and teach them a lesson, but they don't learn. It doesn't give me any satisfaction to win with uppercuts, because then it doesn't even look like we had a good game.

REYTHEGREAT

the only time i have ragequit was when the netcode was BAD. still bad but it was worse in the beginning. also when i KNOW im better than other players and i get beat cause i cant connect shit. but i dont quit during the match.

TrickyNick

Weather Man
I quit one time and dont like it that I did regardless of the circumstances...It was a real laggy match in which a raiden beat me then on fatality he teleported/jumped over me teabaggin so I left. lol If your going to teabag which i dont like already at least do it when your win is true. Not when I hit the jump button and it looks like im have a seizure on the way down kinda match.

RebelzPlague

I like to think I'm good.
Where do I start?

When there are seven ppl in the TYM room, and I'm the only one w/o a match (jk, but it happens)
Cyrax, good or bad
Bad Sektors, missile spam makes me salty
Sindel's existence, stay dead, you old white willow smith
When horrible players get their even worse friends and challenge me to 2v2, only for me two own them
Overused Ninja (Smoke, Scorp, Scrub Hero)
Kung LMAO
Input Lag
My jammed block button, ironically from previous raging
When they're the tiniest measurement from my groundpound w/ Jax, and I get punished.
Projectile trading w/ Scrub Hero
(My sig. holds one problem)
When I see Sutter in the TYM psn room and he doesn't say hi even though he doesn't know me XD

And the list goes on.

TyrantRave

タイラント・レイブ
Where do I start?

When there are seven ppl in the TYM room, and I'm the only one w/o a match (jk, but it happens)
Cyrax, good or bad
Bad Sektors, missile spam makes me salty
Sindel's existence, stay dead, you old white willow smith
When horrible players get their even worse friends and challenge me to 2v2, only for me two own them
Overused Ninja (Smoke, Scorp, Scrub Hero)
Kung LMAO
Input Lag
My jammed block button, ironically from previous raging
When they're the tiniest measurement from my groundpound w/ Jax, and I get punished.
Projectile trading w/ Scrub Hero
(My sig. holds one problem)

And the list goes on.
The sentiments in your sig is what makes me rage lol.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ┻━┻┻━┻┻━┻┻━┻┻━┻┻━┻┻━┻ When ppl don't get Rain compatibility pack.

- The matchmaking/ online play of this game is trash. I still don't know why I bother even going near it for reasons you've all stated above.

- The DLC/compatibility issue is an absolute joke (I won't be buying any more DLC from NRS after this debacle.

Reasons for wanted to rage quit this game completly.

- When the game locks up in the challenge tower forcing me to turn off my console, only to be greated to this when I return.

TrickyNick

Weather Man
This thread should be moved to the Raiden forums and titled Raiden Wins you Ragequit.....because he drives me INSANE lol. I dont ragequit but the only character in the game that really grinds my gears is Raiden. When he teles all around me all I can think to do is low pokes to create space then once he starts blocking unleash Kabal block strings relentlessly and hope there is bad lag so he cant get out of it lol, but something ive noticed thats a real pain is Raidens teleport during my block strings. Just cant keep the guy down. Anyways I like fighting good raidens cause I learn from it, its just a headache.

ApocalypseUK

I Will Kill You For Sport.
Nothing about game-play (in the sense of what my opponent does in-match or which character(s) they play) is really going to sway me toward any sort of emotional tipping point---I play(ed) Alpha 2, Super Turbo and Tekken 5 DR at high level, and I think those games all pretty much wiped out my ability to become upset over even the most egregiously busted mechanics/tactics. i.e.: All games are broken and/or have bullshit.

1.) I rage-quit MK9 when I get declined 20 times in a row whilst searching for opponents via Player Match. I get so annoyed that every time one of them declines me, I send them a message to let them know just what I think of their cowardice. (I have a 1790-248 WL record or something like that, and people seem to think that means something. Idiots.) It's more annoying when it's somebody with a W-L ratio on par with mine, obviously just looking to fight scrubs. In the poker world, we call that Bum Hunting; but the difference with MK9 is that it's not profitable in any monetary sense, so the only incentive for doing so is to appeal to one's own pathetic ego.

2.) Input shortcuts and negative edge causing unwanted specials to come out. Input shortcuts are dumb, end of story. I should not be able to pull off a d,b+2 with Sonya simply by holding d/b and hitting 2. I have adapted my SFA2 ways to simply holding down, but it's still retarded that that happens. As for NE, it simply has no purpose in MK9. NE is useful for garnering more "input equity" during reversal situations, but since MK9 is so lax about execution, it really serves no purpose. NE is useful for Guilty Gear and BlazBlue characters, but I can think of no MK9 character who wouldn't be better-served by the abolishing of this mechanic.

3.) The fact that you cannot quit at the character select screen without taking a loss---after having moved the cursor around and determining just how ridiculously unplayable the match will be. That is retarded.

4.) People not having the fucking compatibility packs. Is it out of spite? Ignorance? Apathy?

5.) Always 4 bars/balls for every person in every chatroom, because the internet is just THAT awesome now.

6.) People who quit after one match and, when you question them about it, proceed to tell you that it is because: "ur gonna ruin my ratio d3wd!". Online is serious business, apparently.

7.) People who, no matter what, call you a "spammer". This doesn't really annoy me, though, because I like to mess with their heads by asking them questions which lead them to conclude that the only logical stance to have on the matter is that they lost because they simply do not know how to deal with a basic, fundamental situation in the game. There will always be scrubs.

8.) Random standing attacks coming out while obviously holding crouch. Mmmm, yes!

9.) Throw breaking system - I don't mind that you cannot break throws on block, and my willingness to adapt to that system is predicated on the fact that I think it serves as a great instigator for deliberately engaging the opponent. However, 1+2 should be a universal break, period. Aren't all throws as fast as, if not faster than Mad Axes?
Pretty much all these reasons :p and when you go into a game knowing full well your playing against someone that doesnt have a clue what there doing and its laggy and then you lose knowing full well you shouldnt of its like.... seriously f*** off man! lol

oh yeh and when i play matches that have really good connection and for once dont lagg and then i play a Raiden player that tries to teleport you like hell and then when you win they send you a message blaming it on lagg its like ermm yehh.. it wasnt even laggy

TyrantRave

タイラント・レイブ
This thread should be moved to the Raiden forums and titled Raiden Wins you Ragequit.....because he drives me INSANE lol. I dont ragequit but the only character in the game that really grinds my gears is Raiden. When he teles all around me all I can think to do is low pokes to create space then once he starts blocking unleash Kabal block strings relentlessly and hope there is bad lag so he cant get out of it lol, but something ive noticed thats a real pain is Raidens teleport during my block strings. Just cant keep the guy down. Anyways I like fighting good raidens cause I learn from it, its just a headache.
What frustrates me is when I fight a raiden that has readable teleports that I can't punish at all due to lag. That's super annoying. It leaves me only able to punish blocked supermans.

JennyCage

t('.'t)
1: Cage flipkick and Kano upball not being punishable enough, especially online and by characters with slow strings. Powerful anti-air wakeups with invincibility, near instant startup and that travel half the screen would be super punishable in any other 2D fighter, but in MK9 they're near brainless because the window to punish with something other than a throw or uppercut is too small for many characters.

2: Speaking of brainless, Raiden's teleport. Unpunishable startup, cannot be stuffed in any way except for MAYBE Stryker's instant hitscan guns, but I'm not even sure about that. Raiden's teleport epitomizes brainless. "Oh, they're throwing a projectile while I'm waking up. *Teleport* Oh, they're jumping in on me. *Teleport* Oh, they're trying to be offensive on me. *Teleport*" Raiden's teleport is punishable after the startup but then he always has the option to Electric Fly afterward and fuck over even the fastest strings. The only reliable way I have to counter Raiden's teleport is neutral jump punching. The move is so brainless I feel stupider every time I see it.

3: More brainless shit, Kabal's projectiles being unstuffable. See:
4: Kung Lao's Spin, the best, most versatile move in any fighting game ever made. Acts as a parry that launches for combos, covers his entire model with invincibility to all normals, ability to interrupt blockstrings because of near instant startup, cannot be deep-jumped over like Nightwolf's hatchet, Noob's upshadow, etc., not punishable enough by characters with slow strings, especially online. A move this powerful should be ultra punishable on block or whiff. I'm talking Mileena roll/Smoke teleport punishable.

5: All the bullshit of Cyrax. 80 to 100%'s, losing at least half your health off any landed net which has 5x the hitbox of Sub-Zero's freeze, and he can do it while taking away your breaker. Stupid to the max. Oh, and nets that hit you in the air hang there forever, unlike Sub-Zero or Cyber's freezes that drop you out of the air in 2 seconds.

6: Reptile's elbow dash startup being fast enough to punish almost every frametrap in the game. It's even fast enough to interrupt some strings before they finish, like Cyber's 332. This is pretty much the only reason Reptile is a super character. He, like Raiden, can get out of almost everything and punish almost everything.

7: The many glaring inconsistencies with move properties and balance, for example parries. Some parries can be countered by sweeps, while other times the exact same parry will successfully counter sweeps or lows, depending on the character doing it. It's hard to tell what's supposed to be what in this game with so many inconsistencies and no record/playback function to test in training mode.

8: Compatibility packs not being mandatory.

9: Every new patch bringing a host of new problems with it.

I've been playing this game just about every night since release, and I got very good at it... but I probably won't be playing it come October when KOF13 comes out if all these problems remain in place. I just don't see MK9 as a polished or even good competitive fighter at high levels anymore. I hate to say that, but that's how I feel nowadays.

when people continue to talk shit after beating you once after they lost 6 times already and when people just spam the hell out of the chat in the lobby

No rage quiting, but here are a few that get my blood boiling:

1. Scorpions hellfire in online play. You see it coming, you jump, it still burns your ass.
2. Raiden in online.
3. Ermac having not a single answer when his zone gets broken. If you know of a good strategy let me know.
4. Negative edge.
Still a great game, though.