What's new

What makes you WANT to ragequit??

Crathen

Death is my business
Mk9 gets hilarious with just a few beers and some joints if played with your buddies trash talkin' in your face and laughing our asses off , but hell no online its just badbadbad and if someone loses and messages me says "im smoking weed bro that's y i lost to ya" i would just think he's kinda salty

PS: Alchool is a drug too , just a taxed drug :3

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I'm tempted to fataility breaker every time online. The temptation is only growing each day.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Ah man, I pack a bowl before I even turn the xbox ON haha. And even still, the only way i'll be laughing at this game is when maybe I have some company and we're all smoking, then i'm a little more relaxed. But I could be high and by myself and still foaming at the mouth. Although... if i'm dry I tend to get more angry at the lack of weed than at my actual playing.

(I do try not to mention I smoke because I know how judgemental some people are... but... *shrug*... that's the attitude of a stoner right? lol)
I played this awful Kung Lao online earlier today who ragequit on me, and when I messaged him mocking his inability to mentally cope with his worthlessness, I noticed his profile that read "LEGALIZE CANNIBUS", so I reported him for inappropriate profile content. Not because of the drug reference, but because he couldn't fucking spell "cannabis."

But anyone who thinks there's something wrong with weed just hasn't smoked enough of it. Anyway, I wish I could get high and still play any game on a higher plain of technical difficulty than Geometry Wars 2.

DIRTY

Noob
I get mad every single time I play online. There's always something to where i'm just fucking standing up out of my seat talking to myself ARE YOU SERIOUS?!? fffffffffuuuuuuu why did I drop that combo?!?

Then 10 seconds later i'm okay. If I really got angry I would just stop playing online... but I feel, right now anyway, my love for the game outweighs the inevitable brain aneurysm these input drops will give me.
Pretty much this exactly. Thanks NRS/WB.

babalook

Noob
i don't use subzero but i try to mirror match sub zero players as often as i can because the matches are just so fucking awful, they alway come down to time outs and shit. I don't even care if i lose, but sub zero is so bad against himself it's retarded.
p.s. whoever lands EXfreeze first wins lol

Reedoms

Noob
i don't use subzero but i try to mirror match sub zero players as often as i can because the matches are just so fucking awful, they alway come down to time outs and shit. I don't even care if i lose, but sub zero is so bad against himself it's retarded.
so you don't play Sub-Zero except when someone else does...
and you get mad at how long it takes
I'm confused here.

so you don't play Sub-Zero except when someone else does...
and you get mad at how long it takes
I'm confused here.
i think he deliberately chooses Sub Zero for trolling purposes LMAO. Just to make the match long and retarded, I guess it can piss off some people. I know when I use Sub and people mirror me my left eye starts twitching LMAO

When you lose and instead of just hitting you or doing a fatality, they just stand there or jump around. FFS lets run it back!

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
When someone lets the character select timer run out like their afk and then as soon as the match starts they attack you. I don't know if it's coincidence or the worst strategy ever, but it's a HUGE waste of time for everyone involved and happens more often that it should. They should really decrease the character select time...

Ankaku

Noob
When I select Online at the menu, and it freezes. I have played a total of 30 games since I got this game months ago, I try going online and it freezes before anything even happens. Wireless internet from a wireless modem is worse than garbage. T___T

ItzKeene

Noob
Kids that use raiden online, And then t-Bag.
Cyrax's net grabbing me 85 feet in the air.
When i save my xray for the perfect juggle ender.... and the input delay makes me miss the entire xray.
Losing to bad kids, due to dropped combos.
Online in general.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
When im waiting in a KOTH room for like 6 matches so i can finally play, and the game descynces when its my turn to play.

Or when a scrub wins due to horrible lag, then try's to do a fatality, and just can pull it off right before the match ends.raahhhhhh

Sasuga

Noob
But anyone who thinks there's something wrong with weed just hasn't smoked enough of it.
Or too much :)

I do sometimes get pretty salty online. I even threw my stick a couple of times. But only after I quit smoking weed actually.

I cant stand losing to people when I'm actually trying hard to win and they're just messing around and abusing some fucked up tactic.

What makes me want to ragequit is my own inadequacies. When I'm getting pressured I dont know how to punish mistakes and I start mashing and all strategy goes to hell.

Dedemaru

Noob
The thing that frustrates me the most is the excess of cheap Scorpions online. I dont play online too much but when I do a majority of my battles are against Scorpion. No joke.

The other thing is players who are insecure about the size of their johnson and go into beginner rooms to get easy wins though they're not meant to be there. Makes 'em feel better/bigger I guess.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Man, what does it say about me that the Sub-Zero mirror is my favorite matchup in the game? Followed closely by Sub vs. Johnny because I love taking a big frozen dump on that chest tattoo.

Oh it makes me want to ragequit when Kitana players just spam the shit out of her :d:r:bp and there's nothing you can do about it because LOL ONLINE. You can almost hear their "DUHR HUHR DUHR HUHR x N" as they do it. But I don't ragequit on it, because then they win.

Wrathchild

Land Stander
Or too much :)

I do sometimes get pretty salty online. I even threw my stick a couple of times. But only after I quit smoking weed actually.

I cant stand losing to people when I'm actually trying hard to win and they're just messing around and abusing some fucked up tactic.
I'm with you on this 100%. I main Noob and fought a Sonya online that only divekicked...I couldn't upknee or get around it in time because of the lag...lol it's ridiculous. I mean if it's offline and they're spamming this I would crush them easily, but online different story.

What sometimes makes me mad is that most people don't "play to win" online...they play to exploit lag.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Yesterday, I mocked a ragequitter who then told me I take the game to seriously.

...But he was the one who ragequit... which made me want to ragequit life.

I honestly think that then entire online lobby seems like it was purposefully designed to be as annoying as possible. Chat rooms are as old as the internet, yet NRS (or GameSpy) completely ignored any sort of standard that has been built up.

I don't know how it is on the XBox but on the PS3 the text input buttons in the lobby are painfully different then those in the PS3 mailing system. I cant recall the exact inputs but I think Triangle is space in the PS3 mailing system and change character set in the MK lobby.

Messages can only be something like 32 characters long and there is no character counter (like twitter) or otherwise any indication of size. I keep trying to figure out why they didn't allow multi-lined messages or why they didn't get rid of the crap on the right side of the screen so that the messages could have more room but I cannot. If it was to save bandwidth on messages or to ensure that the chat wasn't filled with novel sized messages then they failed because they didn't put any sort of spam prevention...actually they facilitated spamming by allowing people to save messages.

Players cannot be filtered by availability. This means that if I want to find someone to fight, I need to wade through 50 people already playing a game.

Connections are always 4 green bars. I have never seen anyone on that list that wasn't green but I have had plenty of fights where it definitely shouldn't have been 4 green bars. Didn't we learn anything from vanilla street fighter 4?

Other than that?

The entire throw teching system in this game. Why isn't it just the throw button like it in Street Fighter? Why do I need to not only read a tick throw but then guess what direction they are throwing and then get no advantage for doing so beyond avoiding the throw?

Raiden's Teleport, its too fast and it places him close enough to me that he can throw, just compounding the rage for the above reason.

Any character that has a D+3/4 that has a hitbox that cannot be hit by a jump in.

Any move in the game which both comes out lightning fast AND has a quick recovery on block.