Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Vortex

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Jack of all trades master of none

Votes: 29 24.6%

• Total voters

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
I'm more of a footsie player, and I use zoning tools for my footsies. I use them to the point where I capitalize on random dashups or jump ins. I know how to rushdown but I use footsies and zoning to do it LOL

yea, that neutral mid range game is probably the hardest to master because its the biggest crossroad to all the flowchart options, he can back up/go in/play "come at me bro" etc, because theres the most options for both chars to choose from its the hardest to anticipate what to do next, which is why most people prefer the extremes of close/far

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Some of those can be consolidated into each other, so it's kind of a weird poll.

And "Grappler" is a character archetype not a playstyle.

Anyway.

I'd say pressure, spacing, and baiting are my strong suits.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
I think it's important to note that the majority of characters in all fighting games generally are two of these characteristics. For example Zatanna is a zoner and a vortex character.

Mk9 Mileena: Zoner + Anti Zoner.
Kitana: Zoner + Pressure
Quan Chi: Mixups + Anti- Zoner

Injustice Catwoman: Knockdown + Mixups
Lobo: Grappler + Mixups
Flash: Pressure + Mixups

Its not until you get into A+ and S tier that characters often have three of these qualities. For example

Sonya: Pressure + Mixup + Knockdown
Kabal: Zoning + Pressure + Mixup
Aquaman: Zoner + Grapple + Pressure
Martian Manhunter: Zoner + Knockdown + Mixup
Batgirl: Vortex + Corner + Mixup.

Personally I find Zoning into mixups or vortex to be the most succesful. Always keeps your opponent guessing and if they make a mistake there's a severe price.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm generally a mixup player type, but those in general don't come alone, the characters i main mostly are backed up with a average neutral game on their own, my historic fighting game data confirms that, and i was good at all these games due these characters

Tekken: Jin, Kunimitsu
MK9: Skarlet
SF4: Ibuki, Decapre, Cammy
Last Blade 2: Moriya Minakata
Samurai Shodown 2: Haohmaru
Samurai Shodown 5 Special: Sogetsu Kazama, Kazuki Kazama
SF EX2 plus and ex 3: Shadow Geist and Doctrine Dark
Soul Calibur 2: Killik, Talim
MK Trilogy: Ermac, H Smoke, Scorpion, Raiden

Also, knockdown game can resolve around anything, these includes mixing characters up on knockdown with meaty setups safe jumps anti wakeups etc etc

DepreszD

5pectre of Vengvnce
I would say I'm more of a zoner mixed with some mixups... I like the pressure game though but only when I have my opponent confused.

chores

bad at things
MKX character wishlist:
unreactable low/overhead 50/50 combo starters that are safe on block both ways
invincible wakeup that leads to combo
armored EX special that leads to combo
strong anti air

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
I'm a trap type player, and I looovee keeping people trapped in corners where I can go hella ham.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I'm more of a reactionary type of player. Meaning, I tend to keep a little distance between myself and my opponent to bate moves and whiff punish or anti air. I tend to lock up under serious pressure and I'm worse at games with slower movement. Probably the reason I was complete ass in Injustice. If I can't back away safely that's pretty much a wrap.