Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Vortex

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Jack of all trades master of none

Votes: 29 24.6%

• Total voters

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I don't think those can be lumped together.

As long as you have all the tools necessary...
You can zone someone out / rush him down / hang back and fish for opening. That's your neutral game strategy. If you pull that off successfully, you can apply your pressure / mixups / oki pressure / corner pressure. You may then proceed to reap your reward using your combos, vortexes, more pressure setups etc.

My point is that these components aren't really mutually exclusive, and some of them don't belong to a single category to pick from like if they were.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I'm not sure exactly what i am but i do know i am most comfortable mid screen, full screen i tend to make a lot of mistakes and try and get in, too close and i get nervous and block too much, in the corner i panic and try to get out too predictably, and putting someone in the corner im too thirsty for corner combos, i have a lot of problems with my playstyle i need to work on in mkx

beep_ima_sheep

RIP Smoke
I like to keep my space (as in, just outside of their footsies range, but not full screen) and try to either whiff punish or AA their jump in. I guess that'd peg me as a zoner, although not in the sense of keeping projectiles on screen as often as I can.

Love set ups and flashy combos that do less damage than BnB's as well

johnnyj773

You will learn respect!
Tekken is the only fighting game I took serious, I would say I was footsie/pressure with Asuka. Played every MK game since the original but played it casually, I'm taking MKX serious this time around. Looking at playing with Kitana, and with the different variations I plan to learn different styles but may main her as rushdown.