What's new

What is Wrong With These People!? - The U.S. Politics Discussion Thread

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
eks, having the biggest influence being the more known religion means what exactly? Politics have an even bigger influence trying to use religious views as a tool.

BTW, to answer your last post uhh New York is only known as the biggest or one of the biggest, known cities in the world which recognizes Gay marriage now...

No you do. So you think elementary school doesn't leave anything out is that right? If anything use High School or college lol, Elementary School? Please get a clue as to what I said, yeah christian crusades happened how many fucking years ago? Wow, totally ignored my post as I even mentioned the Romans...duhh. Yet you call me ignorant lol...I'm tired of people like you constantly trying to bash "Christianity" but ignore other religious flaws as if they're fucking perfect. But hey live in your "anti-Christian" bubble..lol

Ok, crusades lasting 30 years roughly and the ancient romans killing way back is hardly comparable to the wars now on the other side strapping bombs on their chests and jumping into crowds of jewish women and children...really? Sure, killing is bad in general but I love how these things are often ignored and people bring up "the crusades" exclusively.

How long has this conflict lasted?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab–Israeli_conflict

You're acting as if Christianity causes the most religious wars on Earth, hardly...have they? yes. The largest? Uhh fuck no. Go ask someone who's Jewish please to educate you.

You people make me sick..

Decades and hundreds of years>>>any Christian war.

FTR, yes I feel the christian wars going on in England and Ireland are dumb as well...

Do you just conveniently ignore this? This was even talked about few pages ago between Israel and Iran....gotta love selective reading. BTW, next time try posting an argument instead of pointless insults, it does you no credit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab–Israeli_conflict

http://www.aish.com/jw/me/48883732.html

How long has this war lasted? lol Pretty sure it's still going on today....

Keep in mind, I never said Christians are perfect or never had war, my point is more so it's all in the past like distant past...where as the stuff going on in Israel and Iran have been going on for how long now? Seems like Centuries literally...

Sure, religious wars are all stupid...especially when people strap bombs or fly planes into buildings to get a point across because of "allah" in their mind...

BTW, before anyone thinks I'm mocking muslims or something, no. Just radical terrorists, a normal muslim will tell you they have a warped sense of "what allah" is and their ideals are often radical.

You're right and I agree(but some folks won't see it as a diversion, but trust me I agree with you there), but be prepared to take a shit ton of bashing from the left on here lol for that comment about gays and straights.

The whole marriage thing, legally it's just a papered, confirmed document more or less. Religiously, well Bible, Koran, etc will all tell you they believe it's a sacred ceremony between man and woman.

Me personally, what I find interesting is how Civil Unions are frowned upon, it must be marriage when it comes to gay/lesbian couples... I don't get this.
People gave you like fifteen examples of Christians killing OTHER CHRISTIANS(Jews do not kill other Jews usually) and other religious sects. There are many more. You are an ignorant fool, this only firms that premise.

nwo

Noob
What cities recognize same-sex marriages? Just because a city marries them doesn't mean the state recognizes it, so if the couple has any of the legal issues that rev0lver mentioned, the cities actions wouldn't mean anything because the state law would likely take precedence.

I completely agree that that it's a diversion tactic, but I think whenever they succeed in passing anti-gay legislation it can be a significant push-back against the "liberal agenda". If the conservatives can win small battles (in the long-run) like this, they bolster the support of their followers and can then imply that they're stronger in other areas that do matter, like the economy.
Actually, I was mistaken. I see on the news every now and then when a bunch of gay couples line up in San Francisco to be married. Some states fully acknowledge gay marriage, Washington, New York, and others. California must have some loop holes or something, like I said, this isn't an important topic to me that I follow. It was more of a drunken sick form of entertainment for me yesterday to be honest.

Zoidberg747

Actually, I was mistaken. I see on the news every now and then when a bunch of gay couples line up in San Francisco to be married. Some states fully acknowledge gay marriage, Washington, New York, and others. California must have some loop holes or something, like I said, this isn't an important topic to me that I follow. It was more of a drunken sick form of entertainment for me yesterday to be honest.
You are complaining that the government is attacking our second amendment right? And that since Gay Marriage was not in the constitution, that it isnt as important?

You sir need to study up, because the declaration of independence clearly states "Every man has a right to life, liberty, and THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS".

This is why I always laugh at people who complain about the government attacking the constitution, and then saying they don't support gay marriage.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
rev, so personally you don't care about the whole Marriage vs civil union gig right? But the LGB community feels offended by the comparison? I don't get it though, isn't being gay already being separate yet equal? This is what NWO was saying earlier concerning gay people and straight people's basic rights, do Gays not get the same basic human rights as Straights do? If not, this is new news to me. I just think Gays emphasize way too much on "marriage" as if the word means true equality.
To me pfft a paper is a paper with words on it, know what I mean? As long as it's authorized by the state, legally etc who gives a shit? lol It's like comparing a state ID to drivers license, is one superior to the other? Not at all, yet most people prefer drives license where I have a state ID, I couldn't care less...just my opinion there.

On the other topic, you're bringing up small, dinky groups some of which aren't even true christians in Africa? Compared to the war that's lasted how many years now in Iran/Israel as well as that number not being comparable to 9/11 death totals...The whole point of it is to lie to people who you want to follow you and them being beyond ignorant to not question Bin Laden's "definition" of what Allah is...I've spoken to muslims(real muslims) and they've all told me Radical terrorists have a warped sense of true muslim religion, obviously....it's still using their religion as a tool to try to justify blowing people up and crashing planes into buildings. It's all propaganda, bullshit lies to influence weak minded people to join your radical cause in Al-Qaida's case...

People gave you like fifteen examples of Christians killing OTHER CHRISTIANS(Jews do not kill other Jews usually) and other religious sects. There are many more. You are an ignorant fool, this only firms that premise.
Yes, I never denied them. However, most of those examples also happened in the past...I'm talking modern day where Christian Crimes are rare if not near to non-existent. You're an anti-Christian guy who lives in an ignorant bubble...

Who killed 3000+ people on 9/11? Not Christians...get a clue please..and I love how you people just ignore the links I provide lmao...too funny. Only someone who thinks "Christianity is the worst, most radical religion" in the world like your philosophy reeks of ignorance...It's clear you have a bias though to begin with given your original post...ignoring "other religions" and targeting "Christians" exclusively...chances are you're probably a misguided atheist or something anyway...or you just have a warped, ignorant view on the subject all together.

Zoidberg747

rev, so personally you don't care about the whole Marriage vs civil union gig right? But the LGB community feels offended by the comparison? I don't get it though, isn't being gay already being separate yet equal? This is what NWO was saying earlier concerning gay people and straight people's basic rights, do Gays not get the same basic human rights as Straights do? If not, this is new news to me. I just think Gays emphasize way too much on "marriage" as if the word means true equality.
To me pfft a paper is a paper with words on it, know what I mean? As long as it's authorized by the state, legally etc who gives a shit? lol It's like comparing a state ID to drivers license, is one superior to the other? Not at all, yet most people prefer drives license where I have a state ID, I couldn't care less...just my opinion there.

On the other topic, you're bringing up small, dinky groups some of which aren't even true christians in Africa? Compared to the war that's lasted how many years now in Iran/Israel as well as that number not being comparable to 9/11 death totals...The whole point of it is to lie to people who you want to follow you and them being beyond ignorant to not question Bin Laden's "definition" of what Allah is...I've spoken to muslims(real muslims) and they've all told me Radical terrorists have a warped sense of true muslim religion, obviously....it's still using their religion as a tool to try to justify blowing people up and crashing planes into buildings. It's all propaganda, bullshit lies to influence weak minded people to join your radical cause in Al-Qaida's case...

Yes, I never denied them. However, most of those examples also happened in the past...I'm talking modern day where Christian Crimes are rare if not near to non-existent. You're an anti-Christian guy who lives in an ignorant bubble...

Who killed 3000+ people on 9/11? Not Christians...get a clue please..and I love how you people just ignore the links I provide lmao...too funny. Only someone who thinks "Christianity is the worst, most radical religion" in the world like your philosophy reeks of ignorance...It's clear you have a bias though to begin with given your original post...ignoring "other religions" and targeting "Christians" exclusively...chances are you're probably a misguided atheist or something anyway...or you just have a warped, ignorant view on the subject all together.
Learn to read. I said originally that if you were talking about today that Muslims are the worst when it comes to the death toll. But you cant just say Christians have no blood on their hands, because that is like saying the Nazis should not get judged for the holocaust because it was "in the past". And the christian groups in Africa have probably caused as much if not more deaths than the Israel/Palestine conflict. Im not saying Kony alone, I mean every one of those groups who have been TERRORIZING that continent for the past decade? and they dont count because they are not true christians? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Do you think Al-Qaeda and the Taliban are true muslims? Fun fact: Mohammed originally got most of his business advice from his wife, and treated her with the utmost respect. And you really think these guys blowing up a school full of little girls are "True Muslims"?

These groups are never true christians, muslims, or jews. They use religion to fuel their hate and warp it to back up their own ideological fallacies. Me personally, I like Christianity as a whole, just not what some people twist it into. Same thing with all other religions, I am not atheist nor am I discriminatory against any specific religion. Also for the record, ANY RADICALS are just as bad as each other. Atheist radicals, Jewish radicals, Christian radicals, Muslim radicals, it doesnt matter. All of them are so blinded by hate that they have no morals and no sense of right or wrong, and they will NEVER give in to anything that goes against what they believe.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young

1. Yeah as I said, I don't personally care either way for MYSELF, but I still support the right of marriage for gays. I mean, I don't think you can really compare it to state id's/drivers licenses. It's just that marriage has such a strong connotation that represents a tight and lasting bond between two people, whereas a civil union just makes two people legally a couple. And I don't see why it matters to the opposition to call it marriage, as marriage is not a religious issue (and certain Christian sects are willing to marry gay couples).

2. That's basically like saying American soldiers are motivated by Christianity to do the things that they do. Religion isn't the basis behind either. The Muslim terrorists who base their ideologies on religious principles are only groups like the Taliban (who are groups who aren't true Muslims, to compare to your first line). This is what separates the Taliban from al Qaeda.

And small dinky groups? So I guess the abduction and murder of tens of thousands of people by Kony's group alone is "small and dinky" now.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@Zoidberg, Yes. I already know how to read. Can you Learn to not be biased for one second and here me out to what I'm saying since I believe ultimately here we're on the same page. Again, I never said Christians are perfect, were perfect or are innocent. I merely said they're NOT the issue today.

Uh yeah, I'm talking about today. Of course(just note: I didn't bring up shit that happened decades or centuries ago like someone else did) lol I swear some people on here that's all they do to try to divert attention to modern problems, point fingers at past people or wars...not referring to you but someone else.

I'd have to disagree with the cases in Africa causing "as much or more" then Israel/Iran" which have been going on for so many years...not even close. Do I approve of Christians or any religious groups killing for their own cause? Hell no, but come on...and I'm sure if you asked the jews that question, they'd agree with me especially. Be like, who's caused more deaths over time Christians or Muslims? lol I mean I have jewish, very liberal friends who even admit this...and know this.

That's just my point dude, Al-Qaeda and Taliban, other extremists are FAR from true Muslims but of Muslim origin...despite their twisted philosophy of "the muslim religion" like I said, tons of friends I've made over time who are Muslim have also told me this and what I said earlier...

Well, did it ever occur to you that "those radical Christian groups" are the same? They're not "real Christians" they're merely radical religious groups hiding behind "God's will" which is hardly their vision...they're just nuts to put it lightly, same with terrorist groups, radicals etc, etc

Your entire second paragraph I totally agree man, I don't dispute that. What I'm saying too...these people are nuts and hide behind respected, known religions and what their twisted view of "God" is...despite the religion.

rev, ok so I agree with you on the personal opinion of Civil Unions vs. Marriage. Disagree with Marriage for gays though. I don't see why CU can't good enough personally. Now, also personally since it's passed here in NY or other states too, I don't care. It doesn't effect me, but if someone asks me personally "do you support it from your spiritual and religious beliefs?" No, I don't. Do I care if it's passed though to hate Gays or prevent them from getting married"? Also, no I don't care. Just don't force me to pay for it or something and I'm good lol. Marriage while by origin isn't religious based, however it's apart of the mainstream religions...and has been important to Christians, Jews and Muslims for centuries as it's a bonding of two people, in this case man and woman.

In modern world, some people believe marriage should exist despite gender differences.

Secondly, I'm saying those people that are "radicals" of Muslims, Christians, Jews whatever ARE NOT real Christians and Muslims, they're merely hiding behind the religion and like Zoid brought up, just think with hatred and superiority, nothing else...

Yes, in terms of compared to Iran/Israel lives over past 50 years thru present and 9/11, the African groups that are Christian posers are trivial in comparison. Again, I don't support their crazy ideals or reasons at all...but at the same time shouldn't be compared to other obvious groups like Al-Qaeda and the war on the other side who have killed way more people. 9/11 killed nearly 4000 people in total in one DAY...other wars usually take years to get to that number, well religious wars. A war, war more will die at a faster pace obviously.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Secondly, I'm saying those people that are "radicals" of Muslims, Christians, Jews whatever ARE NOT real Christians and Muslims, they're merely hiding behind the religion and like Zoid brought up, just think with hatred and superiority, nothing else...

Yes, in terms of compared to Iran/Israel lives over past 50 years thru present and 9/11, the African groups that are Christian posers are trivial in comparison. Again, I don't support their crazy ideals or reasons at all...but at the same time shouldn't be compared to other obvious groups like Al-Qaeda and the war on the other side who have killed way more people. 9/11 killed nearly 4000 people in total in one DAY...other wars usually take years to get to that number, well religious wars. A war, war more will die at a faster pace obviously.
Honestly, 9/11 was small potatoes compared to a lot of other recent atrocities. If that happened anywhere outside the western world, it would be news for like 2 weeks and then most people here would forget about it.

My main point is that you can't say any of the mainstream religions "inspire" violence, only that some people become radicals and misinterpret their religious texts. This applies to both Islam and Christianity. al Qaeda may have killed more people (I think the LRA's death toll is only around 3000-4000), but LRA are also responsible for the kidnapping of tens of thousands of children for child soldiers and the displacement of hundreds of thousands of people.

nwo

Noob
You are complaining that the government is attacking our second amendment right? And that since Gay Marriage was not in the constitution, that it isnt as important?

You sir need to study up, because the declaration of independence clearly states "Every man has a right to life, liberty, and THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS".

This is why I always laugh at people who complain about the government attacking the constitution, and then saying they don't support gay marriage.
"You sir?" HAHA, I used to watch Keith Olbermann maybe 4 years ago, back when I was still mesmerized by petty topics like same sex marriage. Were you trying to copy him? Or maybe its just cute and trendy to talk like this now a days.

I didn't say that gay marriage wasn't important "just" because it's not in the Constitution. If you getting married is the only thing that will make you happy in life, I think you got your priorities mixed up.

Reactions: eks

Zoidberg747

"You sir?" HAHA, I used to watch Keith Olbermann maybe 4 years ago, back when I was still mesmerized by petty topics like same sex marriage. Were you trying to copy him? Or maybe its just cute and trendy to talk like this now a days.

I didn't say that gay marriage wasn't important "just" because it's not in the Constitution. If you getting married is the only thing that will make you happy in life, I think you got your priorities mixed up.
I have no idea who that is. It sounds like you personally do not like marriage. That is good and all but to a lot of people marriage is a very important part of their lives. It is not the fact that LGBT cannot get married, it is the fact that they cannot get married and straight couple's can. It is straight up discrimination which is a huge deal to a lot of people. Plus in some states they ban civil unions so the couples have no visitation rights in hospital's, no right to inherit property, etc. Did you watch the video DanCock posted? You really should, because it gives you a much better perspective on what banning gay marriage really does.

But for the record, I realize this is not the only problem in the U.S. right now. I also know that it is not the biggest problem. However, this thread is for discussing ALL politics, not just one's YOU deem important(because to me personally, I could give less than two shits about these gun laws, but I respect that it is important for some people).

nwo

Noob
I have no idea who that is. It sounds like you personally do not like marriage. That is good and all but to a lot of people marriage is a very important part of their lives. It is not the fact that LGBT cannot get married, it is the fact that they cannot get married and straight couple's can. It is straight up discrimination which is a huge deal to a lot of people. Plus in some states they ban civil unions so the couples have no visitation rights in hospital's, no right to inherit property, etc. Did you watch the video DanCock posted? You really should, because it gives you a much better perspective on what banning gay marriage really does.

But for the record, I realize this is not the only problem in the U.S. right now. I also know that it is not the biggest problem. However, this thread is for discussing ALL politics, not just one's YOU deem important(because to me personally, I could give less than two shits about these gun laws, but I respect that it is important for some people).
Well then go get married, atleast 3 States (probably more) already recognize same sex marriage. I'm sure they'll rule it Constitutional sooner rather than later (just like the government healthcare). They are filling the supreme court with people that look like this..

Zoidberg747

I really hate people that say "Just move to a different state". Have you ever moved before? It is not really an easy thing, and some people probably cannot even afford it.

nwo

Noob
I really hate people that say "Just move to a different state". Have you ever moved before? It is not really an easy thing, and some people probably cannot even afford it.
I've moved before, but I've lived in California my whole life. I'm seriously looking into moving to Nevada when I get a chance. It isn't easy moving I know, but we have states for a reason.

(just like the government healthcare).
It's not "government healthcare" you talking-point-spewing twit. It's nothing but a bald-faced boon to the insurance companies, ridden with loopholes which are already being exploited, with a mandate attached, that just so happens to forbid denial of coverage based on pre-existing conditions. It's nowhere near what we were promised, and is only a tiny step in the correct direction for this country. If it's not struck down, at the very least it will provide some checks to the true "death panels" we all know as the insurance industry.

nwo

Noob
It's not "government healthcare" you talking-point-spewing twit. It's nothing but a bald-faced boon to the insurance companies, ridden with loopholes which are already being exploited, with a mandate attached, that just so happens to forbid insurance companies from denying coverage based on pre-existing conditions. It's nowhere near what we were promised, and is only a tiny step in the correct direction for this country. If it's not struck down, at the very least it will provide some checks to the true "death panels" we all know as the insurance industry.
Are you saying the insurance companies are against Obamacare? Obamacare will require everyone to purchase health insurance am I wrong? This is my understanding, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Name calling? ok.

Yes, name-calling, because you deserved it after your insipid talking points, and even moreso now that you actually have the balls to use the term "Obamacare." That term is beneath all of us. I know you're not some nacho-cheese-smeared, redneck mongoloid Fox News junkie, otherwise your posts would more closely resemble those of MKF. I'll stop the name calling once you ditch the talking points. There's no reason why you should expect a level-headed debate with me if you can't even use your own words. Fair deal?

Yeah, there's a mandate in there, but surprise-surprise! It was originally Romney's (or it could have been some other GOP-tard, I dunno) idea! And now it's being seen as "too liberal" just because Obama wants it. And now he's begging republicans to let it go through! It's pathetic, really.

Why would you assume for a minute that I'm implying that the insurance companies are against it? The bill was crafted behind closed doors with insurance executives in the same room, where Obama negotiated away the public option (an option which was supposed to coincide with the mandate in order to make it fair). The only reason why any company would be against it is the same reason why Republicans like to bully up on Obama. He's already proven that he's willing to negotiate away his core principles, so they're just trying to see how much more they can get out of him.

nwo

Noob
If it's not called "government healthcare" or "Obamacare," what do I refer to it as?
"Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act"?

It sounds to me like the insurance companies crafted this name. I'm against any kind of individual mandate to purchase health insurance, which also has penalties from my understanding. I was aware that Romney helped write this, and Romney is a joke just like Obama.

Reactions: eks
Yeah, there's a mandate in there, but surprise-surprise! It was originally Romney's (or it could have been some other GOP-tard, I dunno) idea! And now it's being seen as "too liberal" just because Obama wants it. And now he's begging republicans to let it go through! It's pathetic, really.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I think that quite a lot of what was in the Massachusetts Health Care Insurance Reform law that was passed by Romney were ideas originally proposed by the American Heritage Foundation, and consequently ended up in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, in part because the Obama administration contacted Jonathan Gruber to work on it because of his work on "Romney-care."

Espio

Kokomo
Well then go get married, atleast 3 States (probably more) already recognize same sex marriage. I'm sure they'll rule it Constitutional sooner rather than later (just like the government healthcare). They are filling the supreme court with people that look like this..

People shouldn't have to leave their homes to get their rights, it's that simple.

As for the picture lol...

aj1701

Noob
Ok fine, I never meant to debate this topic. I actually want nothing to do with it. Do you believe we live in a democracy? What percentage of people are gay? Even though Prop 8 got voted down, some cities in California break the law and still marry same sex couples, last I checked.
We live in a republic, one which, even when the majority might be ok with doing something, is still considered wrong. In a democracy, if 51% of the people voted for blacks to be slaves again, would that be ok? Or do you think people would rightfully be pissed about it, and even if that's what 51% of people wanted, they should be told no?

aj1701

Noob
Its not up to you to decide what someone else's priorities are. Isn't that what freedom is about, you get to decide for yourself?

I will say though, I wouldn't mind if we went the other way and completely abolished the concept of legal marriage. But if we're going to have it, it should be open to everyone, and not just arbitrarly. Expecting a gay guy to marry a woman as the only way to engage in the right of marriage is nonsensical from the start; its obviously not something they'd rather choose to do.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
Nothing throught the history of humanity had killed more people than religion.

Just throwing that out there.
I'm fairly certain malaria and related (plasmodium) diseases are the number one cause of human death throughout our history. Famine probably beats war by a long way too.