What's new

What is Wrong With These People!? - The U.S. Politics Discussion Thread

nwo

Noob
I was never a "birther" or anything like that, but this image is on the front of DrudgeReport.com right now along with an article. I'm starting to question whether or not he was actually born in the United States though, ever since those 2 videos came out of Michelle Obama referring to Kenya as Barack's "home country."

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I was never a "birther" or anything like that, but this image is on the front of DrudgeReport.com right now along with an article. I'm starting to question whether or not he was actually born in the United States though, ever since those 2 videos came out of Michelle Obama referring to Kenya as Barack's "home country."

Who the fuck still cares about that?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Well, if that is true ^ I think nwo has a point concerning the law concerning Presidents and being born in US....

So, my question is, if this turns out to be 100% true, what makes Obama any different and special?

Born in Kenya, so if this is indeed the case do people not care?
P.S. Rev, it's ok not to see the obvious bias against me in that other topic but believe what you will.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Well, if that is true ^ I think nwo has a point concerning the law concerning Presidents and being born in US....

So, my question is, if this turns out to be 100% true, what makes Obama any different and special?

Born in Kenya, so if this is indeed the case do people not care?
If he is a good leader I dont really give a shit where he is born, I think he should lead. I am not an avid Obama supporter, BUT rejecting a president on the basis that he was born in a different country in 2012 is extremely stupid. If a great leader came and ran for president, and he helped the economy, got us out of Afghanistan, and solved all of our problems(I am NOT saying Obama did this, FYI) and it was found out that he was actually born in Switzerland, would you really kick him out?

Also I still think he was born here, some people will just never let that shit go.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
rev, I'm saying the muslims and jews aren't too fond of each other in general, much less their religious differences but the rest is obviously political. A lot of times idealogy can spawn or be related to some religious beliefs(some things) as are political. Just look at the whole marriage thing, abortion etc here. It's similar in other religions as well but a lot of it is definitely terrority disputes as well.
But they had no reason to dislike each other before the creation of Israel. To Muslims, Jews and Christians are "people of the book" and must be respected. It's purely based on this, and there's no inherent Muslim vs Jew thing, it's just zionism vs anti-zionism...

But they had no reason to dislike each other before the creation of Israel. To Muslims, Jews and Christians are "people of the book" and must be respected. It's purely based on this, and there's no inherent Muslim vs Jew thing, it's just zionism vs anti-zionism...
And they throw around the "anti-semite" label to avoid accountability from those who criticize them in the media. Pathetic.

MKF30

rev

I'm not a fan of McCain really but he's definitely way more American and Patriotic then Obama ever was...he served and put his life on the line for this country, Obama has nothing on him there. He'd probably get his ass kicked right now if the two fought.

Well, of course nobody really has reason to dislike one another but it just happens for whatever reason. I'm saying, a lot of muslims and jews don't like each other for various reasons...I know some personally lol and they never want to go into it. It's kind of obvious animosity.

If he is a good leader I dont really give a shit where he is born, I think he should lead. I am not an avid Obama supporter, BUT rejecting a president on the basis that he was born in a different country in 2012 is extremely stupid. If a great leader came and ran for president, and he helped the economy, got us out of Afghanistan, and solved all of our problems(I am NOT saying Obama did this, FYI) and it was found out that he was actually born in Switzerland, would you really kick him out?

Also I still think he was born here, some people will just never let that shit go.
That's not the point, and him being good or bad is entirely relative at this point. Some love him as a God, others despise him and feel he's fucking up the country. That aside, it's still the LAW to only be able to become president IF you're born here...so again, good job, bad job irrelevant, if he wasn't born in the USA then he shouldn't be President to begin with...if it was a republican in there "not born here" the media would be having a shitfit...

If you're not born in the USA, you can't be president...

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
rev

I'm not a fan of McCain really but he's definitely way more American and Patriotic then Obama ever was...he served and put his life on the line for this country, Obama has nothing on him there. He'd probably get his ass kicked right now if the two fought.

Well, of course nobody really has reason to dislike one another but it just happens for whatever reason. I'm saying, a lot of muslims and jews don't like each other for various reasons...I know some personally lol and they never want to go into it. It's kind of obvious animosity.

That's not the point, and him being good or bad is entirely relative at this point. Some love him as a God, others despise him and feel he's fucking up the country. That aside, it's still the LAW to only be able to become president IF you're born here...so again, good job, bad job irrelevant, if he wasn't born in the USA then he shouldn't be President to begin with...if it was a republican in there "not born here" the media would be having a shitfit...

If you're not born in the USA, you can't be president...
I had the utmost respect for McCain until he nominated the Alaskan Albatross for Veep and sold his soul and beliefs to please his base instead of sticking to his guns and being himself.

Also: If indeed the "birther" issue/the legitimacy of his birthplace was going to be a relevant issue, it's entirely too late for it to play a part now. If there were any definitive, irrefutable proof, it would've turned up by now.
Personally, I don't care. I think it's a stupid rule to begin with. For a country founded by and built on the backs of immigrants, it makes no sense to disqualify them when for all we know, someone born elsewhere who could've spent their entire life with a burning, searing passion and brilliant mind to hold the office of President could do a better job than anyone we have available now. I wouldn't be surprised.

MKF30

Well, there have been things he's done or is for that I don't agree with such as that among a few other things. I do respect him as far as being a patriot and serving in general though...I think everyone who serves and puts their life on the line for us to do what we do should get that at least. Some soldiers are better then some others in terms of being a soldier, I mean ones who rape and such, abuse their power give the good ones a bad name.

I know now it's too late, but say one day it comes out then people would probably be like "wow, we didn't investigate this like we should have and technically broke a key law of President requirements in USA"

I kind of agree with you on the "who cares where you're born" but at the same time I can understand why that's set in place. For all we know someone tomorrow can be president born in Iran, and could be working with Terrorists. Know what I mean? Not to sound paranoid or ridiculous but just saying if we allowed that or changed that law, I can see various bad scenarios happening from it. Would their heart and loyalty truly be with the USA or their country of origin? All I'm saying...I'm sure someone born outside of the USA could indeed do a good or as good, I just think some folks would question their loyalty on some policies that would be crucial like foreign.

Now, I am for the possibility of someone say if you've lived in the USA and don't plan on moving out say 30 years minimum rule or something, I can get by that. Something similar.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Well, there have been things he's done or is for that I don't agree with such as that among a few other things. I do respect him as far as being a patriot and serving in general though...I think everyone who serves and puts their life on the line for us to do what we do should get that at least. Some soldiers are better then some others in terms of being a soldier, I mean ones who rape and such, abuse their power give the good ones a bad name.

I know now it's too late, but say one day it comes out then people would probably be like "wow, we didn't investigate this like we should have and technically broke a key law of President requirements in USA"

I kind of agree with you on the "who cares where you're born" but at the same time I can understand why that's set in place. For all we know someone tomorrow can be president born in Iran, and could be working with Terrorists. Know what I mean? Not to sound paranoid or ridiculous but just saying if we allowed that or changed that law, I can see various bad scenarios happening from it. Would their heart and loyalty truly be with the USA or their country of origin? All I'm saying...I'm sure someone born outside of the USA could indeed do a good or as good, I just think some folks would question their loyalty on some policies that would be crucial like foreign.

Now, I am for the possibility of someone say if you've lived in the USA and don't plan on moving out say 30 years minimum rule or something, I can get by that. Something similar.

Agreed. Just because he went full-retard in '08 doesn't take away for all the good he'd done prior to that and his services to the country in the past, he just lost my respect as McCain, the politician. McCain, the decorated war hero, P.O.W., etc., that McCain is still all right by me, and I'm still looking greatly forward to that HBO movie they're making over the 2008 election. Fuckin' love me a good HBO political movie. "Recount" = so much win.

You're right about the bad scenarios, absolutely. But I think if it came down to it, and the right policies and statutes were put in place for the process, the future could easily provide us with a well-minded, multi-faceted, ready and capable President from a non-U.S. birthplace.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
rev

Lol with the McCain comment I just meant because he was (factually) born in Panama. But Obama would body McCain in basketball so stfu.

Those "various reasons" generally all stem from one thing... which is what I'm talking about. The Israel issue is a BIG deal to people from all over the middle east and even to Arabs who have never been there. I'll give you an example. In one of my high school classes, we had a Saudi exchange student and a jew. Both of them got along really well. Me, one of my friends, and those two talked to each other every day and there was no animosity. Then, the jewish girl brought an Israeli exchange student to shadow her for a week. The Saudi student pretty much avoided her for that whole week and was noticeably uncomfortable with her around. They have no other reason to dislike jews unless they just dislike all non-muslims.

aj1701

Noob

People are STILL going on about that nonsense? He's already released his birth certificate: http://articles.cnn.com/2011-04-27/politics/obama.birth.certificate_1_birther-movement-president-barack-obama-birth-certificate?_s=PM:POLITICS

Note the date, over a year ago.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
People are STILL going on about that nonsense? He's already released his birth certificate: http://articles.cnn.com/2011-04-27/politics/obama.birth.certificate_1_birther-movement-president-barack-obama-birth-certificate?_s=PM:POLITICS

When I first saw this, I immediately thought to myself "This has to be the headline on AboveTopSecret (the big conspiracy site) right now". I was right, and it's so hilarious reading that. People are like "OMG THIS BOOKLET! IT'S THE FUCKING BOMBSHELL!!!". Too bad there are newspaper clippings from the 1960's showing Obama's birth announcement in Hawaii. From a purely objective point of view, what's more likely: that the author made a fact-checking error (like she admitted to), or some random author somehow knew the real truth about Obama before he was famous and the Obama administration travelled back in time to change his birth certificate and newspaper printings?

MKF30

Agreed. Just because he went full-retard in '08 doesn't take away for all the good he'd done prior to that and his services to the country in the past, he just lost my respect as McCain, the politician. McCain, the decorated war hero, P.O.W., etc., that McCain is still all right by me, and I'm still looking greatly forward to that HBO movie they're making over the 2008 election. Fuckin' love me a good HBO political movie. "Recount" = so much win.

You're right about the bad scenarios, absolutely. But I think if it came down to it, and the right policies and statutes were put in place for the process, the future could easily provide us with a well-minded, multi-faceted, ready and capable President from a non-U.S. birthplace.
Well, I think retard may be a bit much lol but I definitely think he ran it all wrong and he's very moderate(he's not really a true conservative. But yeah, I guess on the president requirement thing, we'll have to wait and see..

Lol with the McCain comment I just meant because he was (factually) born in Panama. But Obama would body McCain in basketball so stfu.

Those "various reasons" generally all stem from one thing... which is what I'm talking about. The Israel issue is a BIG deal to people from all over the middle east and even to Arabs who have never been there. I'll give you an example. In one of my high school classes, we had a Saudi exchange student and a jew. Both of them got along really well. Me, one of my friends, and those two talked to each other every day and there was no animosity. Then, the jewish girl brought an Israeli exchange student to shadow her for a week. The Saudi student pretty much avoided her for that whole week and was noticeably uncomfortable with her around. They have no other reason to dislike jews unless they just dislike all non-muslims.

lol Basketball? Screw sports, of course he would he's younger and more agile, but I'm talking an actual fight MK style, McCain would rock Obama's jaw off lol....take that video of the young, black thug talking big, starting with the old white guy who was a vet in vietnam, the old guy messed him up badly...lol

I guess it depends where you go, so far I haven't seen many cases of Jews and Muslims getting a long that well lol. In a class you can do that by either ignoring each other or making friends. The places I'm referring to are usually bars, houses etc bit of a more adult atmosphere compared to a school class where you really have to act a certain way...

nwo

Noob

To my knowledge, only a digital copy of his birth certificate was released. Which was like a 5th grade level photoshopping job.

Why would Michelle Obama call Kenya his "home country?" In two separate speeches. I know this isn't absolute proof, but it's alarming to me.

aj1701

Noob
To my knowledge, only a digital copy of his birth certificate was released. Which was like a 5th grade level photoshopping job.

Why would Michelle Obama call Kenya his "home country?" In two separate speeches. I know this isn't absolute proof, but it's alarming to me.
Did you read the article? His lawyer flew to hawaii to pick it up. What do you want? Him to personally had you an original? I hate to break if to you, but even an american woman giving birth in another country means the kid its an american citizen. My god the level of denial its astounding. This thread has give from some intelligent discussion to wacked out conspiracy theories.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I lol'd at the fact that we're debating whether John McCain or Obama would beat each other in kombat, at least I know this is an MK forum <3
Seriously. Lol. Of ALL the things that Rev and MKF finally have a civilized conversation over, and it's over who'd get blown up in Obama VS McCain.

I like to imagine if you were to Babality Barack, he's be wearing an infant-sized business suit, behind an infant-sized podium, in front of a giant banner that says "CHANGE (ME)."

So here's my problem with the whole "Obama's not a US citizen and therefore an illegitimate President" thing; Who's behind it, and for the love of God why?

It couldn't have just been the Obama's that got him elected. Many, many people had to be in on it, protecting him and financing him. And to what end? To have a non-American president elected to...continue many of the same economic policies of of Bush jr? To kill Osama bin Laden? What are they getting out of this? If all they want is influence, there are much easier ways to get in then falsifying citizenship and constructing an elaborate ruse of a campaign to gain public support. They could have grabbed any aspiring politician and used him as their inside man, they didn't have to pick the most difficult and convoluted plan to do that.

Is it a plot to undermine American democracy? Again, who and why? Is it the Chinese? Why would the destabilize their largest trading partner? The Russians? They still need us for wheat! Who would benefit from this other than some small, developing nation with an ideological grudge against the US that would lack the massive amount of resources needed to pull of something like that?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young

LMAO i go to ATS when i want to hear these dumb conspiracy theories, not TYM. A photoshopping job? Yeah, no one's ever heard that one before...

As for the "home country" thing, she was probably referring to his father and just slipped her tongue. Also, "home country" can mean a number of things, since many members of Obama's extended family still live there. She didn't say he was "born" there. If you ask me my home state, I will tell you Pennsylvania, since that was where I grew up. After that, I'll tell you North Carolina since that's where I spent my early years. However, I was born in Maryland.

When Obama fucked up and said there were 57 states, did everyone go around questioning that we may in fact have 57 states? No? He's the President after all, why not?

The simple matter is that with two crucial pieces of evidence out there (the birth certificate and the newspaper announcement), there isn't any reason to doubt his birthplace unless you simply don't like him. All the supposed "proof" to the contrary has shown to be mistranslations and fact-checking errors (like the booklet). As RomeoBravoDelta stated, there wouldn't have been much of a point to going through all that trouble anyway.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Also MKF30 you're totally wrong. Obama has superior anti air options, combined with his great 8f d4. McCain isn't getting in on him, and his pressure's definitely overrated. Unless McCain has his block infinite down I'd say it's 6-4 Obama.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Also MKF30 you're totally wrong. Obama has superior anti air options, combined with his great 8f d4. McCain isn't getting in on him, and his pressure's definitely overrated. Unless McCain has his block infinite down I'd say it's 6-4 Obama.
C'mon, McCain's old as fuck and he's not deceptively old as fuck like Shang. It's gotta be like an 8-2 Obama.