What's new

What is Wrong With These People!? - The U.S. Politics Discussion Thread

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
This, 100%. If they legalized and regulated recreation drugs (not just pot), organized crime would collapse. Instantly no more border wars with Mexico. Well, i suppose they'd have to do the same for gambling and prosititution too. Making it illegal just begs criminals to come in and offer it, it doesn't actually stop illegal activities from happening.
Exactly... Kind of. How about we join brains for a moment, aj...
Now, the coke, the angel dust, the opium and ecstasy, the prescription/fake pill drug rings, etc., in my opinion, THAT type of evil shit, I firmly believe is worth destroying, deconstructing and doing away with, or at least doing our part to keep that shit out.
And if, in an intelligent world, THAT was the primary focus of the effort, or the "War On Drugs," both sides, in a way would win. Because A) Legalization would keep a LOT of people out of jail and give a LOT of Americans the freedom to enjoy their rightfully-earned peace of mind (which will piss off a great deal of pharmaceutical companies when people trade in their pills for pot), and B) would create almost a Moonshine market for the dealers, in that while they're no longer the chief purveyor of green goods in the US, it's not as though they're out of the game, they just have more competition. And while they'd be losing money in the larger amounts they'd have to sell cheaper, they'd have an entire landscape of space in which to now legally sprout their seeds. In a really retarded, not-factually comparable way, you'd be turning weed into bootleg DVD's. You can either go the safe way and buy it for regular ticket, or you can take the risk and go to the guy out of town with the 64X burner and get 3 times the movies. Everything becomes easier for everyone, there's room for everyone to make money, and most importantly, weed is no longer worth dying for.
What better move could the anti-drug czars make then by trying to destabilize and otherwise completely mindfuck the illegal systems and cartels than by taking what's probably their most lucrative, likely-to-be-sold product and hijacking the market?
And what need is there for such savagery as the underground produces today if manufacturing will become easy enough to justify a bigger budget? Again, I don't justify it or endorse it, it's a dumb idea if such a scenario ever existed, I'm just playing devil's advocate and trying to be pragmatic.
But fuck the hard shit. Keep that poison the fuck off the street. Stop wasting so much time and money on persecuting and propaganda-burying the vice that could potentially lead economics as we know it back to virtue.
George fucking Washington was a stoner, for crying out loud. America was built by potheads.
Get back to your fucking roots so I can have a better job.

If weed, mushrooms, and acid were legalized, I don't think anything else would need to be done. All of the heroin, crack, etc. wouldn't even need to be touched from a legal standpoint, because market forces would put the dealers out of business. With (relatively) safer, legal drugs being sold through the proper channels, drug seekers would have no reason to go to ridiculous and dangerous lengths to get their fixes, and even better would have even less a risk of dying (most of the time, ganja, shroom, and acid pushers are far easier to deal with than those pushing the harder stuff, to say nothing of the horrific health effects of the latter). We may even see a dramatic drop in the crime that fuels said drug habits. It won't go away because, hey, people are poor, and they're going to steal legal stuff as much as illegal, but whatever we can do to curb it, I say do it. Don't double the DEA's budget like Obama just recently did, and then send them on their merry way to break up marijuana dispensaries like he promised he wouldn't do. (lolz)

Still, I think they all need to be legalized anyway. More people die as a result of prescription drug abuse than any other controlled substance, and all of that shit's legal. Double standard? In American policy? Never heard of it. Would it really be such a bad thing to let a guy sit naked on a park bench and shoot heroin into his eyeball if he really wanted to?

I retreat to the old axiom: Follow the money.

/just bitter that his middle school debate class wouldn't even entertain the subject of marijuana legalization

I think legalizing drugs would be a good idea (even though I don't do them.)

It would put taxes on them and revenue would be made.

Yes, they know each other but I'm saying they're not "close friends" or anything. That's all I'm saying, much like Clinton and the Chinese which he was associated with...
They are very close friends. Billions of dollars is proof of that.

I think legalizing drugs would be a good idea (even though I don't do them.)

It would put taxes on them and revenue would be made.
Now if only you could be sure they would spend the revenue wisely instead of using it to fund another bogus war or siphoning it off to their business buddies or wasting it on bureaucratic schemes etc.

Now if only you could be sure they would spend the revenue wisely instead of using it to fund another bogus war or siphoning it off to their business buddies or wasting it on bureaucratic schemes etc.
Easy, now. One hydra head at a time.

[edit] 4/20! SMOKE WEED EVERY DAY!

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Can anyone let me know if there's a stronger picture/video than that extreme facepalm pic i posted in the other thread? I'd appreciate it.

Now it's not that I'm not responding to MKF because it's not even worth the effort to try to get through to him, but because I'm now afraid that I'll get so frustrated with human stupidity that I'll be banned from TYM.

Are there any other conservatives here who know how to actually debate? I'd love to have an intelligent conversation with you. I'm not saying this as a shot to MKF, it's a serious question. I love debating.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
To those talking about drugs, I think marijuana and the hallucinogenics should be legalized, but all other drugs should be decriminalized. They did this in Portugal and it was a huge success. Not only did hard drug use dramatically drop, but the amount of drug users who sought treatment increased. Decriminalization allows you to control the drug problem, not fight it.

But for the non-harmful drugs, it isn't even a question. The whole recent scare with spice/k2 just put the exclamation point on it. The drug war such a massive, embarrassing failure for our country. I think the only reason we continue it is because the US hates to lose wars... lol. The only way they'll be able to win with their tactics is by genocide.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The whole recent scare with spice/k2 just put the exclamation point on it.
Jesus christ, that stuff is insane...whoever dubbed it fair to call THAT a legal substitute for tree was fucking crazy.
The fact of how generally harmful it is aside and going just by "How up here are you?" standards, very few brands of it are even remotely close to the same plateau. Most times, you either get about 7 minutes of lightheaded giggles, or you get taken on a ride you really, really didn't want to take to the point you'll probably consider going to the hospital before your head explodes. Kid you not.
When three drags in a dark room can turn looking at my monitor into my living room transforming into The Dark Temple, with the pseudo-music playing so loud I can't think, and I can clearly see Shinnok about to put a stab of love into Meat's side, that's when I know my longing for regular green has gone too far. Fuck that stuff. If the government, specifically the state government of whichever state's allowed it to be sold under their watch ala Texas or New York, is stupid enough to allow this junk to fly while keeping its natural predecessor illegal, they oughta be prosecuted and held accountable in turn for all the harm and stupidity that place under its influence.

I think marijuana and the hallucinogenics should be legalized, but all other drugs should be decriminalized.
I completely agree with this statement. Actually the president of my country is trying to do this from Colombia to USA, but sadly most of the presidents are unwilling.

Can anyone let me know if there's a stronger picture/video than that extreme facepalm pic i posted in the other thread? I'd appreciate it.

Now it's not that I'm not responding to MKF because it's not even worth the effort to try to get through to him, but because I'm now afraid that I'll get so frustrated with human stupidity that I'll be banned from TYM.

Are there any other conservatives here who know how to actually debate? I'd love to have an intelligent conversation with you. I'm not saying this as a shot to MKF, it's a serious question. I love debating.
Just "ignore" MKF, and we'll all be better off for it. There's no reason to respond to someone who can only respond with logical fallacies and unsourced assertions.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Drug gig? Against weed or other black market drugs being legalized for recreation use. Medical use however, I'm all for weed being legalized if it can help someone. That is all.

@purple, actually they're not as close as the mainstream media tells you....like I said there's tons of conspiracy theories out there fabricated. Just because they respected each other and talked oil doesn't make them "close friends/best buddies" Oil is an issue obviously, it was high when Bush was in and it's even higher now...that's something that will fluctuate really.

If you really want to talk shady connections then Obama is actually friends with far more "questionable" people...which there's a lot of proof of.

http://www.wnd.com/2008/02/57231/

I'll also give you a short term list of terrorists Obama is friends with or associates himself with.

William Ayers - American Terrorist
Raila Odinga - Cousin, Radical Islamist
Raul Reyes - Columbian Terrorist
Antonio Rezko - Muslim Slum Lord- Recently Convicted of
Professor Khalidi - Muslim Terrorist Supporter
Reverend Wright - Racist Muslim Supporter/Preacher, Anti-American
Reverend James Meeks - Racist
Reverend Louis Farrakhan - Racist Nation of Islam / Faux Preacher
Reverend. Jesse Jackson - Racist - Anti-Semetic
Nadhmi Auchi - Muslim Billionaire
Sohaib Abassi - Muslim Millionaire

Revolver, no need to get that mad over politics. I'll just agree to disagree with you...I'm not going to insult you over it, I don't care that much and I'm better then that.

@purple, actually they're not as close as the mainstream media tells you....like I said there's tons of conspiracy theories out there fabricated. Just because they respected each other and talked oil doesn't make them "close friends/best buddies" Oil is an issue obviously, it was high when Bush was in and it's even higher now...that's something that will fluctuate really.
I don't get my information from the mainstream media unlike you MKF30. The links between the Bush family and the Saudis go way back and are documented if you bother to do the research. Their relationship involves not only personal friendships, not only multi billion dollar arms contracts, but also investment in Bush's personal company back in the 70s. Dismissing realities you don't like as conspiracy theories is just ignorant.

If you really want to talk shady connections then Obama is actually friends with far more "questionable" people...which there's a lot of proof of.

http://www.wnd.com/2008/02/57231/

I'll also give you a short term list of terrorists Obama is friends with or associates himself with.

William Ayers - American Terrorist
Raila Odinga - Cousin, Radical Islamist
Raul Reyes - Columbian Terrorist
Antonio Rezko - Muslim Slum Lord- Recently Convicted of
Professor Khalidi - Muslim Terrorist Supporter
Reverend Wright - Racist Muslim Supporter/Preacher, Anti-American
Reverend James Meeks - Racist
Reverend Louis Farrakhan - Racist Nation of Islam / Faux Preacher
Reverend. Jesse Jackson - Racist - Anti-Semetic
Nadhmi Auchi - Muslim Billionaire
Sohaib Abassi - Muslim Millionaire
This is a tiny drop in the ocean compared to all the Islamic fundamentalists the Bush regime and other Republican governments have armed, trained, backed, empowered, supported and given money to. The Iraq war for example removed a leader who cracked down on Islamic fundamentalists and allowed the country to become flooded with them. No one has done more to swell the ranks of Muslim extremist groups around the world than the Bush regime.

Stop watching Fox News, stop posting your agenda driven stuff and do some research on what really goes on.

MKF30

That is hardly a tiny drop in the ocean and you obviously didn't read that list and what those people have done, far worse then anything Bush has done, Bush never associated or were friendly with people who hate us, had a part in 9/11 or other terrorist bombings..like Obama has, nor did Bush ever bow or apologize for every world leader for no reason...Sorry, I'm not one of those tools who gets "made up facts" from mainstream media, (who sway heavily left btw) and outnumber "Fox" FYI.

Bush wasn't perfect, non of them are and may have been a few things...but a kiss ass and friends with terror cells or people who hate us, isn't one of them. Removing Saddam as far as I'm concerned from Iraq and the world in general is a good thing...so no love lost there. I don't watch Fox, MSNBC none of them. I do my own research. Thanks.

Again, you can't believe such conspiracy theories...

That is hardly a tiny drop in the ocean and you obviously didn't read that list and what those people have done, far worse then anything Bush has done, Bush never associated or were friendly with people who hate us, had a part in 9/11 or other terrorist bombings..like Obama has, nor did Bush ever bow or apologize for every world leader for no reason...Sorry, I'm not one of those tools who gets "made up facts" from mainstream media, (who sway heavily left btw) and outnumber "Fox" FYI.
I read the list and replied accordingly. It's a tiny drop compared to all the Islamic fundamentalists the Bush regime created and supported.

As usual you just make things up instead of learning facts. Once again the Bush family has had ties to Saudi Arabia for decades. Bush got funding from a Saudi for his first business. This is a matter of public record. You don't get an opinion on it. The Bush regime were in bed with the Saudis all through their reign. Again, this is a matter of public record.

Bush and his government spent most of their life having dealings with terrorists that top anything the Obama administration have done.

You have no facts at all, you make everything up or just parrot stuff you see on extreme right wing radio or TV or other media. The things you say are factually wrong and can be researched in a matter of minutes or hours by anyone with an open mind.

Bush wasn't perfect, non of them are and may have been a few things...but a kiss ass and friends with terror cells or people who hate us, isn't one of them. Removing Saddam as far as I'm concerned from Iraq and the world in general is a good thing...so no love lost there. I don't watch Fox, MSNBC none of them. I do my own research. Thanks.

Again, you can't believe such conspiracy theories...

No matter how many times you repeat crap, it doesn't make it true. I just gave you a specific example of Bush's Muslim extremist appeasement in the Iraq war which gave large parts of an entire country to Islamic fundamentalists and totally destabilised the area, making it far worse for everyone involved. There are plenty of others if you do your research instead of just saying what you want to be true.

Again, you calling facts conspiracy theories while you trot out your own nonsense propaganda doesn't change reality.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
This is a tiny drop in the ocean compared to all the Islamic fundamentalists the Bush regime and other Republican governments have armed, trained, backed, empowered, supported and given money to. The Iraq war for example removed a leader who cracked down on Islamic fundamentalists and allowed the country to become flooded with them. No one has done more to swell the ranks of Muslim extremist groups around the world than the Bush regime.
Allow me to make a suggestion. Every time someone makes a post that appears to be nonsensical (i.e., such as claiming that Reverend Wright is a "racist Muslim preacher" when, in fact, the man is a Christian) you investigate the source. When you do so for MKF30's list of "Obama's terrorist friends", you find out that the source is WorldNetDaily (WND), a web site that publishes news from a "conservative perspective", according to wikipedia.

MKF30 is a clown.

MKF30

No Dave, you're a clown that lives in denial. *yawn* I'm Pete actually ;) clowns tend to wear funny bright noses and make up(not my thing) But hey dude, feel free to live in denial. *yawn* and why do you liberals insist on name calling? It's easier right? lol. This thread should be renamed "liberals only" seriously...

If you do actually feel like putting that mind to good use and stop living in denial, please read this link. I can find you more racist remarks by Wright as well. Just because one is a "Christian Reverend" doesn't mean squat...are you really that blind?

http://bridgetdgms.wordpress.com/2008/03/15/more-hateful-quotes-from-racist-wright/

Please deny that so I can laugh. You want to speak of a real christian? Look up the Pope, that would work not these joke revs that are really racist pricks in reality like Wright, Jackson and Sharpton. But I'm sure to you they're "men of God"

Purple, feel free to deny the facts all you want dude. It's what you liberals do best. Like I said, half the stuff you posted are conspiracy theories that have no solid proof backing it up. I can actually show you guys photos of Obama with these people but I'm sure you'll give me some bull about "photoshopping" it or something else lame.

I love how people use wiki as a reputable source for everything where anyone can edit it SMH...

Yeah, and every other source you've listed comes from a liberal rag half the time. That's why when someone questioned the political networks I posted it from a liberal source(that actually admitted it)

Sorry dave you're a clown that lives in denial. *yawn* and Purple, feel free to deny the facts all you want dude. It's what you liberals do best.
I have posted facts which you can verify. You have made crap up which is nonsense and easily disproven. And I have told you several times I have no interest in supporting left or right politics yet you still call me a liberal.

Are you some robot GOP toy with buttons on it that has like 5 or 6 preset phrases and someone keeps pressing your buttons?

MKF30

I have posted facts which you can verify. You have made crap up which is nonsense and easily disproven. And I have told you several times I have no interest in supporting left or right politics yet you still call me a liberal.

Are you some robot GOP toy with buttons on it that has like 5 or 6 preset phrases and someone keeps pressing your buttons?
No you haven't, you're just posting false assumptions such as Bush and Saudi King being friendly, well Obama kissed him too and hangs out with him so I guess he's close to him too, you're just living in denial like typical liberal or Bush hater...like I said if I cared that much i'd find you photos with Obama with those people who hate us or are associated with terrorists. And no, coming from an Obama supporter that's funny asking me if I'm a bot. To answer you, no I'm just not merely a tool of the mainstream media that believes everything you hear like you do apparently.

No you haven't, you're just posting false assumptions such as Bush and Saudi King being friendly, well Obama kissed him too and hangs out with him so I guess he's close to him too, you're just living in denial like typical liberal or Bush hater...like I said if I cared that much i'd find you photos with Obama with those people who hate us or are associated with terrorists. And no, coming from an Obama supporter that's funny asking me if I'm a bot.
For one thing I never mentioned the word 'King' once so another lie from you there and the fact that the Bush family and the Bush regime have a long history with the Saudis is no assumption - it's a verifiable fact of history. Which part of 'Bush's first business was financed by a Saudi' didn't you understand?

There you go again with the liberal accusation when not more than a few minutes ago I told you I wasn't. Did someone press the 'You're a liberal!' button on your tummy?

I'm sure you're the expert on people who hate you but whatever links the Obama administration has to dodgy characters doesn't start to compare with the Bush regime as you'd know if you did some research instead of making things up.

Where did I say I supported Obama? More made up stuff by you. You act like a bot so you get called one. All you've done is just post another load of copy and paste made up nonsense and accusations of people being liberals.

MKF30

For one thing I never mentioned the word 'King' once so another lie from you there and the fact that the Bush family and the Bush regime have a long history with the Saudis is no assumption - it's a verifiable fact of history. Which part of 'Bush's first business was financed by a Saudi' didn't you understand?

There you go again with the liberal accusation when not more than a few minutes ago I told you I wasn't. Did someone press the 'You're a liberal!' button on your tummy?

I'm sure you're the expert on people who hate you but whatever links the Obama administration has to dodgy characters doesn't start to compare with the Bush regime as you'd know if you did some research instead of making things up.

Where did I say I supported Obama? More made up stuff by you. You act like a bot so you get called one. All you've done is just post another load of copy and paste made up nonsense and accusations of people being liberals.
I never said you said King, I said that since that's a term he's referred to as...clearly issues you have with comprehension.

Long history, as in they know each other? Means nothing. Clinton is friends and has a long history with communist chinese giving away our secrets but I don't hear you mentioning that or Obama being friends with terrorists which I've covered.

Please stop denying the fact that you're a lib, you agree with EVERY other liberal in here, every moderate liberal and everyone who loves Obama. Humor me already. Not to mention you only post negative or controversial topics concerning oh shocker "conservatives" and not liberals. You're not fooling anyone guy. It's quite obvious where your heart lies politically, I'd just wish you'd admit it...