What's new

What from Injustice do you want in the next MK?

if you could take anything from this game and add it to the next Mortal Kombat what would you chose?

1. Stage Interactions ( MK could mostly be Weapons)
2. Character Traits
3. No block button ( At least have an option, who the hell are the people complaining to Ed?)
4. Battle Mode options
5. Stage Transitions( Not impossible ones)
6. Background Cameos ( Taven and Deagon Quest)
7. Different intro's /Winning posses based off of the costume you choose.
8. Hero cards, Icons, Portraits
9. Frame data
10. 3 Star option for the Challenge Tower (replay value)
11. XP leveling up
12. 4 tier meter (add a Ultimate X-Ray Move)

Also what from MK would you add to Injustice?

1. SECRET FIGHTS
2. Test your Sight ( I think they could have put a DC spin on it for the STAR Labs)
3. Unplayable SUB BOSS
4. UNLOCKABLE CHARACTERS
5. Round timer options

Maybe

Any type of Finisher (rated T)

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
from IGAU to MK :
1) Stage interactions
2) Frame data
3) block button / back to block (chance to choice between both in Options)
4) negative edge on/off option

from MK to IGAU :
1) combobreaker (yep, make clash usable any time I want it, or at least, once for the first health bar too !)
2) duck stance without blocking be able to completely avoid throws (yeah, this feature exists in MK9 !! :D). for this stuff be possible to work in IGAU, make down work as this, and make back+down works as block function , as SF games.

7. Different intro's /Winning posses based off of the costume you choose.
8. Hero cards, Icons, Portraits
9. Frame data
10. 3 Star option for the Challenge Tower (replay value)
11. XP leveling up
12. 4 tier meter (add a Ultimate X-Ray Move)

those are ok, just stick to the dash system from mk9 and block button, leave game mechanics same as mk9, no weapons, no interactable, this things add a luck factor in injustice that if someones happens to fall on an interactable they can still win a match whit the damage they get, no more stupd trophy for playing 24 hr whit each char, I killed 1 ps3 getting my mk9 platinum, no more braindead kenshis, good balances, as far as we go Injustice seem a bit better balanced as for now, maybe a small tweak here an there for deathstroke and black adam and some interactable damages, but the rest i like.

NKZero

Noob
one thing from Injustice to MK and that would be the character traits. I think they're great and I can only imagine how exciting they'd be for the MK characters.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
I can't even imagine having to use back to block against Kung Lao. The only things that should stay from injustice to MK is the training mode, and the cast is generally all extremely powerful and unique.

I really don't think that a "character trait" button would work well for MK. The reason it works well in this game is because of the diversity of the cast and the fact that they're superheroes. This is also why it works well in Blazblue, not to mention that they actually put a great deal of depth into the button instead of just giving it one simply feature. But I digress.

MK has a whole lot of "regular" fighters with no particularly special abilities, nor variety really. Ninjas and such. If they were to do it in a similar fashion, with the trait buton performing just one attack/buff, it would be hard to come up with cool ones for a lot of characters and would probably be really lame. If, however, the trait button were given different attacks for each direction and unique special moves.... I could see that.

But yeah I would leave in the training mode, hold-back-to-block, and maaaaaaybe the f3 and b3

Matix218

Get over here!
Personally the things i want carried over from injustice to MK10 are:

-XP leveling up
-the awesome training mode
-in game frame data (accurate frame data of course)
-option to disable negative edge
-moves that hit at the same time clashing (rather than the P1 advantage non-sense)
-4 bar meter/hit confirm able meter burn use
-Push blocking (at the cost of 2 bars)
-Injustice's throw teching system

Things I DON'T want carried over from Injustice to MK10 (mainly because i want MK to keep its own identity of mechanics that are specific to the MK series):

-Clashes (keep breakers for MK)
-Twin life bar system (keep it as rounds, its so MKish to hear "Round 1, FIGHT" IMO)
-Back to block (let MK be the button to block game, it always has been and it was not a problem in MK9 so keep it)
-Injustice's un-cancelable dashing (keep the dashing/block to cancel dashing/execute move to cancel dashing system from MK9, it was fine and it will also keep the movement in MK distinctly different than in Injustice which is good if you want each series to keep its own game-play identity)
-Interactables and stage transitions (Again, let these be the Injustice thing)
-Character trait (let it still just be punches, kicks and special moves for MK10, let the trait thing be for Injustice only, it kinda lends to the "superhero" element to have each character have a trait anyway which we really want to keep separate from MK IMO)

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I think the leveling up is a good idea. The character traits are also unique. Other than that... nothing. Please no interactables or transitions. I guess the transitions could be fun in an M rated game.:16Bit

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I really don't think that a "character trait" button would work well for MK. The reason it works well in this game is because of the diversity of the cast and the fact that they're superheroes. This is also why it works well in Blazblue, not to mention that they actually put a great deal of depth into the button instead of just giving it one simply feature. But I digress.

MK has a whole lot of "regular" fighters with no particularly special abilities, nor variety really. Ninjas and such. If they were to do it in a similar fashion, with the trait buton performing just one attack/buff, it would be hard to come up with cool ones for a lot of characters and would probably be really lame. If, however, the trait button were given different attacks for each direction and unique special moves.... I could see that.

But yeah I would leave in the training mode, hold-back-to-block, and maaaaaaybe the f3 and b3
The ninjas are probably the most creative group in MK in general. Making traits for most of them would be really easy.

Gotta have that imagination.