What's new

What from Injustice do you want in the next MK?

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I think that Mk is a great game minus the net code crap and balance. If they can get that down, then I think it would blow injustice out of the water.

I think it would be good to innovate, just not go crazy if you know what I mean. Make it still MK but with some new flash to it to make it fresh.
Yes. If they fixed the netcode and made it like TTT2... they would blow a lot of games out of the water. The only real complaint I ever hear about MK is the netcode. So if they fix that I will be good. :16Bit

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
MOTARO SUB-BOSS FIGHT!

We can always add cheat codes, so people who wanna run a tournament can just use a cheat and people who enjoy unlocking will just not use the cheat code.
I really wish. I really like Deadly Alliance and its unlock system. It made the game far more rewarding. Cheat Codes for the tournament crowd would be a great way to appeal to both sides of the spectrum. Its not like anyone really played Cyber Sub or Quan-chi anyways. :16Bit(jk)

LEGEND

YES!
From injustice to MK, only Numbers 7, 9 and maybe 2. Didn't see training mode mentioned which would be the most important

I really wish. I really like Deadly Alliance and its unlock system. It made the game far more rewarding. Cheat Codes for the tournament crowd would be a great way to appeal to both sides of the spectrum. Its not like anyone really played Cyber Sub or Quan-chi anyways. :16Bit(jk)
I don't get why so many fighting games don't do that. It's not like guys who find it more rewarding to earn unlocks are gonna use the cheats, whenever I play a fighter that gave me the option of using cheats to get everything I didn't use them, I just played the game and unlocked stuff normally cause I have fun that way, adds a longer lifespan for the game to me.

It'd keep both sides happy, everyone wins.

We have back to block in Injustice. So I think they might keep it that way... Injustice really does feel like I would imagine MK10 to feel, just with DC characters instead. :16Bit
What I meant was while I like that you can have Capcom style inputs for specials and would like to see that as an option in the next MK I dont think they should trasfer over the back to block because it's a stable of how MK is played. Personally I'm more use to back to block but I don't think hardcore MK fans would be very happy and they're who really matter.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
What I meant was while I like that you can have Capcom style inputs for specials and would like to see that as an option in the next MK I dont think they should trasfer over the back to block because it's a stable of how MK is played. Personally I'm more use to back to block but I don't think hardcore MK fans would be very happy and they're who really matter.
I am a hardcore MK fan. I don't think whether or not a block will change my attitude about the game. A button doesn't dictate how the game should be played. MK was 2d before it was 3d... now it is 2d again. Each game has done something to change the fundamentals. I cant speak for every MK fan, but I love all MK games. :16Bit

As far as defense goes it's a lot different, I mean I don't know what people think of as a whole but crossups change a lot of how a game is played and you can't have true cross ups with a block button.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
As far as defense goes it's a lot different, I mean I don't know what people think of as a whole but crossups change a lot of how a game is played and you can't have true cross ups with a block button.
It doesn't really make a difference to me. In my opinion back is a block button. Same thing really. The crossups part is true. :16Bit

NO NO NO NO NO
I mainly play these games for the competition. Forcing ppl to play through story just so I can get the full roster for the game is awful. Not to mention (unless u can dl save files) this makes having to run a tourney a pain in the ass.
I meant a secret fight against MMH similar to the Jade fight in MK9 and the "you found me" if you win you unlock him.

Man.....

too many people sleep on the block button potential.

It opens up your entire control scheme map for use. The block button is essentially a stance, so other inputs can be done to make a more deep defense game.

Let me use Smash bros Melee as an example here because they also have a block button and they made that shit deep.

First off start off with Smash Brothers basic shield.

you can aim 360 degrees around the character. up down left right, diagnals. everything.

However doing so exposes another part of your body open up for an attack. If you aim down, your head is poking out of that circle shield and it can be hit.

So it's more than just overhead/low. It has precise precision strikes to break someone's block and attack their openings.

you can slide in shield during shield stun to gain distance, or get a little closer most effective against multi-hit moves. you must mash the control stick direction while the hits connect with your shield Smash DI.

aiming your shield toward the opponent when they are approaching from the air, will make them hit your sheild sooner. thus making the distance from hitting your shield to the ground, longer, which means a bigger opening for punishment or escape.

If they delay their aerial attack to avoid this shield aiming then they have to fly at you w/o an attack and open themselves up to really easy anti-air or approach.

And this is all just aiming shield.

You can power shield (reflects projectiles) (jump out of shield) (counter attacks like upsmash out of shield) (grab out of shield if there's an opening making people have to space properly on your block to avoid grabs.

You can light shield which covers more of your body to prevent shield pokes (where they hit exposed limbs to knock you out of guard. But at the cost of more shield stun so you can't retaliate. But you also get the benefit of sliding further when in pressure.

Shield over time degenerates, and each hit diminishes it a little quicker. Making it so people can't just turtle, they have to make a read sooner or later under pressure.

There is ALOT more you can do like do a quarter circle forward to down motion while in shield on a platform to drop through it while your blocking.

Not saying Mortal kombat should incorporate any of this.

I'm just tired of people thinking back to block is superior.

Just wait til netherrealm expands on the block button. It has more potential than back to block.

you can still have cross-ups with a block button, it just so happened MK9 chose to not take that route.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
The fact that IGAU is more balanced(so far...) would be a good thing to have in MK.
Training mode and Frame Data(hopefully will be better).
And even BETTER netcode.
More use for meter(It was good in MK9, Better in IGAU, make it ultra bad ass in MK10 please)

From MK to IGAU, IDK... nothing really. Besides the core stuff IGAU seems to be pretty solid in its own right.

haketh

Noob
Not being able to cancel dashes with block and different win poses for costumes. Traits in MK would be cool to see, it'd be pretty easy to give unique ones to the MK cast.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Something I would like to see brought in from SF4- win/loss ratio against rest of the cast. Injustice and MK would benefit from that... Stats don't lie- and it helps train up on your weak/infrequent match-ups.

I would mostly want uppercut stage transitions. Fast, to the point, and hilarious as fuck just like in MK3. I'd also like to see the return of the run button and removal of the dash.

The ninjas are probably the most creative group in MK in general. Making traits for most of them would be really easy.

Gotta have that imagination.
I respectfully disagree. Imagination is exactly what these "most creative characters" are lacking in character design. We all know that they were just recolored versions of each other. Sure, they've come a long way since then, but when we first saw them they were all the same person with a different color costume and a different "thing" (fire, ice, smoke, animalia, shadows) corresponding to their color.

That's the reason the character trait works well in Injustice-because they're superheroes. Do you really think giving Scorpion a button for a ten second buff among other characters is gonna fly again? I still think that if this "trait button" is going to work again, they're going to have to add some depth/features/attacks to it. And no, taking out special moves and assigning the to the trait button won't work.