What's new

Well... Cyrax got buffed : D

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Cyrax
• Cyrax's Buzzsaw is an overhead block and safer when blocked
• Cyrax's Bombs will no longer pop someone up who is in a 2nd Net reaction or in a Buzzsaw reaction.
• Cyrax's mk3 costume should behave the same as the primary costume now.

Haven't seen how safe the buzzsaw is but now it's an overhead. That's definitely good for cyrax.

Seems to me NRS felt bad about taking his resets away lol. And yes!!! finally that mk3 costume is legit.

Share your opinion will ya!

King

Sig Maker
The third point is irrelevant to the character being buffed since skins should just be about looks and shouldn't affect gameplay in the least. Regarding your first point, I agree; it's a buff that came out of nowhere. It's actually sad that they do that to Cyrax's buzzsaw but don't change Scorpion's awful recovery on a whiffed spear. And I don't see how the second point buffs Cyrax...

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Seems to me NRS felt bad about taking his resets away lol. And yes!!! finally that mk3 costume is legit.
^ In this case... I'm picking him up! :D

Thank you, NRS! Now, just release all MK3 Ninja skins... :)

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
The third point is irrelevant to the character being buffed since skins should just be about looks and shouldn't affect gameplay in the least. Regarding your first point, I agree; it's a buff that came out of nowhere. It's actually sad that they do that to Cyrax's buzzsaw but don't change Scorpion's awful recovery on a whiffed spear. And I don't see how the second point buffs Cyrax...
Really man? I wasn't saying the mk3 was a buff but rather a plus

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
its only on xbox for now tony D:, im loving the buzzsaw overhead lol, but for me it was only for the mk3 skin, didnt seem to work for the regular one unless its been changed in like, the past hour or so.

ill be fully using the mk3 costume from now on, at long damn last :p

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
its only on xbox for now tony D:, im loving the buzzsaw overhead lol, but for me it was only for the mk3 skin, didnt seem to work for the regular one unless its been changed in like, the past hour or so.

It did, same with noobs shadow overhead.
Hotfix issues was mucking things up.

Anyone else think it's strange they buffed him to compensate for taking away his ridiculously high damaging resets?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Thanks guys.

I have the American version of the game, so i guess ill be able to get it once it hits PSN in America.

Tony lets jam one day. Add me...devildigimon

i'm on now if u wanna get some games in.

That goes to everyone else too. :)

...THE SHOKAN LIKE ROBOT TOYS!

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Anyone else think it's strange they buffed him to compensate for taking away his ridiculously high damaging resets?
lol we're overeagerating a bit tbh, its still punishable, and it only does like, 8% damage anyway, chances are it wont be used any more than it already is

TONY-T

Mad scientist

You know when you try and do 2 nets in a row with UMk3 skin and the second one comes out blank. Does he still have this slow delay between nets?

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
You know when you try and do 2 nets in a row with UMk3 skin and the second one comes out blank. Does he still have this slow delay between nets?
thats always happened with the regular skin too hasnt it? unless we have different circumstances in mind, on hit/block its always immediately come out as green sparks, did the mk3 skin have a longer cooldown period or something?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
thats always happened with the regular skin too hasnt it? unless we have different circumstances in mind, on hit/block its always immediately come out as green sparks, did the mk3 skin have a longer cooldown period or something?
This!

it was the only major difference i culd find between regular cyrax and umk3, besides the old bomb trap.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Tony lets jam one day. Add me...devildigimon

i'm on now if u wanna get some games in.

That goes to everyone else too. :)

...THE SHOKAN LIKE ROBOT TOYS!
Ill be sure to add you next time im on man. im pretty sure we are gonna get some horrid lag though. im in australia

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
This!

it was the only major difference i culd find between regular cyrax and umk3, besides the old bomb trap.
ohh right, right now your guess is as good as mine lol, i didnt test it, ill ASSUME its the same, but dont hold me to that :p

NariTuba

disMember
So heres how these buffs affect his gameplay off the top of my head:

saw on hit confirm on crouch block
1,2~net on hit 1,2~saw on crouch block. 1,1 2,1 1,2 all jail correct? so we might have something valuable here

d4~saw
Seems interesting since the recovery is a little better and combined with the reach of the d4 we might be talking about a non full combo punishment from some of the cast if blocked proper. Some characters are borderline impossible to get a jps against unless its crossup or baited projectile. I always push with d4 and when they started blocking low I would attempt an u4 but it was so painfully slow. According to frame data (http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?4992-Cyrax-Frame-Data):

d4, u4 = 30i (duration of d4 when left to complete) + 14i (startup of u4) = 44i to hit low then overhead

d4~saw = 16i (duration of d4 when cancelled) + 17i (startup of saw) = 33i to hit low then overhead

Less total execution for both hits, less of a gap to interrupt between them. Of course punishments would have to be tested but it sounds fun in theory. What do you guys think?

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
ugh... NRS has explained how they can't buff everything to please everyone. Any buff that makes sense is a good buff... its not sad or a fault on NRS's part just because someone else that arguably needed a buff didn't get one.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
So heres how these buffs affect his gameplay off the top of my head:

saw on hit confirm on crouch block
1,2~net on hit 1,2~saw on crouch block. 1,1 2,1 1,2 all jail correct? so we might have something valuable here

d4~saw
Seems interesting since the recovery is a little better and combined with the reach of the d4 we might be talking about a non full combo punishment from some of the cast if blocked proper. Some characters are borderline impossible to get a jps against unless its crossup or baited projectile. I always push with d4 and when they started blocking low I would attempt an u4 but it was so painfully slow. According to frame data (http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?4992-Cyrax-Frame-Data):

d4, u4 = 30i (duration of d4 when left to complete) + 14i (startup of u4) = 44i to hit low then overhead

d4~saw = 16i (duration of d4 when cancelled) + 17i (startup of saw) = 33i to hit low then overhead

Less total execution for both hits, less of a gap to interrupt between them. Of course punishments would have to be tested but it sounds fun in theory. What do you guys think?
if you can do it on reaction to having 21 crouch blocked then it will be VERY useful indeed, im sure over the next few days some good setups will come of it :)

King

Sig Maker
ugh... NRS has explained how they can't buff everything to please everyone.
NRS shouldn't need to say that because NRS shouldn't be basing their buffing/nerfing on popular opinion; they should be basing them on purely objective analysis of what the character's abilities are and what they need tweaked. Cyrax doesn't need anything AT ALL considering all the tools he has. A character like Scorpion, for example, has to take much more risk than Cyrax but gets less damage than Cyrax. Cyrax gets meterless safe jump opportunities while Scorpion has to either spend meter or land a spear into F2,1 teleport.

Any buff that makes sense is a good buff... its not sad or a fault on NRS's part just because someone else that arguably needed a buff didn't get one.
So who's fault is it then? Who else has the power to buff/nerf characters in MK9? And if a character needed a buff then didn't get one, what's the explanation for it?

BTW, I'm not hating on NRS. I think they did a wonderful job with this game and I really appreciate their continued effort and dedication to improving their product for us. All I require are just some explanations from them explaining what their reasoning behind some changes.