What's new

Updates for Kumite in Tennessee 2014 - Top 8 has been finalized!

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Too bad Rico, Theo and Tom couldn't make it. This tournament would have been even bigger. Currently about to catch up on the archive. Good shit to Goomba for beating Dave. I saw their first set and he looked lost/frustrated in the match-up. Excited to see how the runback went. Still emo about Slips but he plays Scorpion I guess.
TBH he looked really off of his game compared to how he usually does at GGA events.
Not trying to make excuses or anything, he lost and has to hold that, but I do think he will do better next time. Shame though, he doesn't seem to travel too much and I was hype to see him wreck people with Scorpion.

EDIT:

Also while everyone was playing damn well, you could tell how much Saltface, Pig, M2Dave and 16 bit wanted this tourny.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Anyway, may I just say that I'm extremely proud of an RM - @AK Harold, to be specific - making top 8 in Winner's? Finally we see a dedicated Flash in Top 8! Good shit, sir!

As for RM @Showtime - you did great, man. You took out great names along the way! Godlike, man.

Other honorable mentions:

@AK elitegoomba - you...dude...I'm speechless. That win against m2dave was so amazing. You fucking earned it. WONDER WOMAN OF AMERICA!

@AK Reno_Racks - dat wake-up invincibility beating even the oceans of Atlantis! That Dark Knight of yours has a trick for EVERYTHNG!

@AK Pig Of The Hut - you have finally done it! We all know how much you wanted Top 8 so badly and you made it a reality through sheer force of will. I am rather worried over you making it back from work to get to your Top 8 match on time, but I know you can do it. WIN THAT TOURNAMENT.

And I could go on, but there's really too many for me to list that I fear I might forget some! Apex 2014 and Defend the North were great tournaments, but KiT almost forced a series of heart attacks on me today! Things are only going to get better and better!

The flag of Atlanta Kombat, and perhaps RM as well, will finally be raised at a stacked major!

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Now that's an interesting and diverse top 8. Who said this game wasn't balanced enough?

Glad to see Pig made it to top 8, although my bets are on @FOREVER KING . It's been a while since a fellow Batman won a major, if memory serves me well.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Gotta say, I'm really proud to part of the AK Team. The hard work and dedication is apparent and this couldn't have been a better place to showcase it all.

As for my performance? I wasn't expecting the world but I was expecting to do better than 1-2. I can't expect to do well when I have only put in 1/3 of the work of what the top 8 guys have...I have a long way to go to get my game up. It's good to know I can rely on AK to level me up properly now that I can actually go to locals.

Vggs to argon Ross and PPJ who beat me. Both great players whom I respect. Much love to everyone at GGA. Very classy scene.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Gotta say, I'm really proud to part of the AK Team. The hard work and dedication is apparent and this couldn't have been a better place to showcase it all.

As for my performance? I wasn't expecting the world but I was expecting to do better than 1-2. I can't expect to do well when I have only put in 1/3 of the work of what the top 8 guys have...I have a long way to go to get my game up. It's good to know I can rely on AK to level me up properly now that I can actually go to locals.

Vggs to argon Ross and PPJ who beat me. Both great players whom I respect. Much love to everyone at GGA. Very classy scene.
The real question, is did those staff footsies make NW viable?