What's new

UPDATED Top 5 MKX Players - Based off Results & Opinion. King delivers the boot

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Lmfao, this is some baby-back limp dick bullshit Wound is pulling right now. You do NOT get to talk all this shit, tell a man he's free, tell him you can beat him without issue, puff yourself up like a fucking blowfish, and then scurry off into the corner and piss yourself like a startled chihuahua the moment he calls your bluff. That is 100% cowardly and bitch-made and I could not be more embarrassed for how terribly this reflects on you right now. I have full confidence King will tear you to pieces in a FT10 and I find it hilarious that you suddenly shut the fuck up when he started bringing more matches and more money into the picture. How sad. I'll have a cry for you tonight.
Nope. A FT5 is the perfect number. I look forward to your apology.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Nope. A FT5 is the perfect number. I look forward to your apology.
how is FT5 the perfect number? FT10 allows the players to download eachother so the final matches are pure skill, no more gimmicks, they have run out, no abusing the lack of MU knowledge and no abusing how someone doesnt know how to counter your play style, FT10 sure as hell isnt boring when it is a built up money match, FT5 is perfect in lets say a tournament final, but in a money match? no. there is a difference. but that is just my opinion i guess.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Definitely not taking any side here, but have any of you actually played an in person FT10 with something on the line? Shit is looooooong and stressful. In anything but a shutout, that could easily take over an hour.

I feel like someone could definitely get burned out playing a FT10 with something on the line. I personally would never FT10 MM.

Plus it's over an hour of BONE SHAPER SHINNOK. Do we really want to see that?

No. No we don't.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Definitely not taking any side here, but have any of you actually played an in person FT10 with something on the line? Shit is looooooong and stressful. In anything but a shutout, that could easily take over an hour.

I feel like someone could definitely get burned out playing a FT10 with something on the line. I personally would never FT10 MM.

No. No we don't.
Yeah man. FT10 sucks sometimes. You feel burned out. Sure, it was fun to have quarters and do that at the arcades, but damn, that's endurance, especially at the higher level. Anyone could get fatigued due to that.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Yeah man. FT10 sucks sometimes. You feel burned out. Sure, it was fun to have quarters and do that at the arcades, but damn, that's endurance, especially at the higher level. Anyone could get fatigued due to that.
I could get burned out doing a FT10 in casuals, but with the intensity of hundreds of dollars on the line, yeesh!

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader

No. No we don't.
But with MKX it'd only be a minute or two for each match :DOGE

Rearawt

Noob
isn't endurance much of the point though in the test for the best player? I mean there is a reason tennis is so many games and not just best of 3 and multiple sets. Endurance counts.
No, not really. In fighting game tournaments you get BO3s and BO5s at best, there's no comparison to be had with tennis tournaments.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
No, not really. In fighting game tournaments you get BO3s and BO5s at best, there's no comparison to be had with tennis tournaments.
In fact a single tournament set doesn't prove anything...there is no way to say that X is better than Y in a FT2 or FT3.
A real challenge to prove who is the best should at least be a FT5, better if FT10.

Last edited:

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
In fact a single tournament set doesn't prove anything...there is no way to say that X is better than Y in a FT2 or FT3.
A real challenge to prove who is the best should at least FT5, better if FT10.
I totally agree with you. If I can beat some very good player FT2 or FT3 then I'm generally better than him ? I think not.

Dean

On The Grind
If BS Shinnok is more broken then Ivan Ooze, then why don't you just pick him up and go to a tourney and mop everyone up?
This makes zero sense in response to my initial argument.

Ivan Ooze? Who said anything about that? So a character isn't broken unless he's unbeatable like, Ooze?

Different game, different mechanics, whole other topic.

This also has nothing to do with me, we are talking about top 5 players in this game. I've stated why Cowboy should not be considered for top 5. That's the whole point of this thread, to state your opinion of who you think is top 5.

I did that.

Your argument is weak as fook.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
I can see exactly how this is going to play out now; FK wins and is tossed off by his adoring fans whilst WC is berated for being a one hit wonder.

Or WC wins and is tossed off by his adoring fans whilst FK claims a FT5 proves nothing and therefore claims the moral victory.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I can see exactly how this is going to play out now; FK wins and is tossed off by his adoring fans whilst WC is berated for being a one hit wonder.

Or WC wins and is tossed off by his adoring fans whilst FK claims a FT5 proves nothing and therefore claims the moral victory.
Claims he can see exactly how it'll turn out, says either FK or WC will win