What's new

UPDATED Top 5 MKX Players - Based off Results & Opinion. King delivers the boot

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
People are complaining because there was so much trash talk and they probably aren't even going to play each other.
No they are complaining because Wound isn't giving in to everybody's demands. He said he'd play a FT5 for 100$. He is sticking to that, which he gets to do since he is actually playing the MM.

SinkFla

Noob
Then at least raise the stakes. $100 isn't shit. Even if I lost this money match, it wouldn't even feel like I lost anything. It doesn't even feel like there's anything on the line.

Let's do a $500 money match. Or at the very least $200 or $300. Because honestly I can't even get hype for this money match right now with only $100 on the line. It'll be whatever
I say community pot bonus lol. Raise the stakes... I'll donate haha. FT5 compromise. What if it was a charity thing? Might sound lame but good cause and all that... And people will get the show they want to see. I won't pimp this idea anymore, sorry guys lol

No they are complaining because Wound isn't giving in to everybody's demands. He said he'd play a FT5 for 100$. He is sticking to that, which he gets to do since he is actually playing the MM.
Of course he has that right. And we have the right to blow them both up when they cant come to a simple agreement, and all their shit talk amounts to nothing.

Of course he has that right. And we have the right to blow them both up when they cant come to a simple agreement, and all their shit talk amounts to nothing.
Yeah, I mean, to me it's more about the trash talk.

You can't say the other guy is free and some jobber, yet you won't play extra games or increase the pot. I mean, it's free money dude. Wound stands to guarantee himself a lot of money considering how free he's made FK out to be.

All I can say is, thank you both for hyping up TYM.

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
I don't see why it matters. People want to see us play and then blow up whoever loses, while you and I want to prove we are better. I don't need money to motivate me. I want to win, and so do you.
if the money is irrelevant then up it to $200, if your convinced that you'll win it's even more irrelevant other then the fact you'll just be adding more money to your savings. Thats the point im getting from him. Either way the fans only care about the match itself cause without a doubt the loser will get berated via social media.

Zoidberg747

You can't blow someone up for not playing a MM before the MM even happens, that's ridiculous.

Im not even biased, I hate Shinnok and would probably root for King. But that doesn't mean I am dumb enough to think people not involved in the MM should have any involvement in it.

rafaw

#YouSuck
I stopped responding because I have nothing else to say. A FT5 will prove who the better player is because it's enough to not allow anyone to be gimmicked out. It is very rare that I beat/lose to someone in a FT10 who I didn't beat or lose to in a FT5. 10 is redundant.

I have nothing else to say. I will not play the role of a kid in some cheese ass after school special that is convinced to do drugs. I am confident and no irrelevant, fake OGs or random online players that I don't care about are going to make me change my mind.
Im not saying that you should do a FT10 or raise the stakes, im just stating the fact that King looks like he really wanna play that MM no matter what and you are kind of absent about it.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
People complaining about the MM not being FT10 when they themselves wouldn't even play FT5's

What does that even mean? Are you saying people here wouldn't FT5 Wound/Kng? Or that people here are too chicken to FT5 anyone? I don't understand what you're trying to imply here. Regardless, we're not the ones talking utter shit about another top player and acting like we would win free. If he's so confident then he would do the standard FT10 that people who talk shit about each other do. There is absolutely no excuses to be made in a FT10. Whoever wins is the better player. FT5's are short enough in other games, but in MKX where the games go by lightning fast they're even worse.

You can't blow someone up for not playing a MM before the MM even happens, that's ridiculous.

Im not even biased, I hate Shinnok and would probably root for King. But that doesn't mean I am dumb enough to think people not involved in the MM should have any involvement in it.
Both Mayweather and Pacquiao were skewered by the media and fans for taking so long to finally get into the ring with each other. They hyped that fight up with each other and talked so much shit for years, and the "superfight" (LOL) almost didn't happen, and when it did it Manny was out of his prime and people didn't really care anymore. Of course spectators can be involved in stuff like this, even if they don't have money on the line. It is a very common and natural thing for people to "blow up" sports figures if they don't do their jobs or fail to back up their talk.

If you are going to claim that someone is "free" and is not a top player and disparage each other as competitors, you better be willing to actually back it up. Words are wind. So you are absolutely right, they don't have to go through with this money match. That is their prerogative. But to say that its "ridiculous" to blow them up for not playing after everything they've said to each other, is silly to me. That's a very natural human reaction when somebody talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk.

haketh

Noob
Both Mayweather and Pacquiao were skewered by the media and fans for taking so long to finally get into the ring with each other. They hyped that fight up with each other and talked so much shit for years, and the "superfight" (LOL) almost didn't happen, and when it did it Manny was out of his prime and people didn't really care anymore. Of course spectators can be involved in stuff like this, even if they don't have money on the line. It is a very common and natural thing for people to "blow up" sports figures if they don't do their jobs or fail to back up their talk.

If you are going to claim that someone is "free" and is not a top player and disparage each other as competitors, you better be willing to actually back it up. Words are wind. So you are absolutely right, they don't have to go through with this money match. That is their prerogative. But to say that its "ridiculous" to blow them up for not playing after everything they've said to each other, is silly to me. That's a very natural human reaction when somebody talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk.
The money match is happening, shut up

Goddamnn so many people here trying to live this shit vicariously shit is sad.

Zoidberg747

BUT YOU DONT KNOW THAT THEY ARENT GOING TO PLAY. Wound just said he was ready to play, King said he was ready to play. they are ready to play. Just because Cowboy doesnt want to change the games or money amount does not mean he is going to bail. Save the blowups for after one doesn't show, Jesus.

What does that even mean? Are you saying people here wouldn't FT5 Wound/Kng? Or that people here are too chicken to FT5 anyone? I don't understand what you're trying to imply here. Regardless, we're not the ones talking utter shit about another top player and acting like we would win free. If he's so confident then he would do the standard FT10 that people who talk shit about each other do. There is absolutely no excuses to be made in a FT10. Whoever wins is the better player. FT5's are short enough in other games, but in MKX where the games go by lightning fast they're even worse.
Thats exactly what I am saying. People here are acting all entitled when most of them have probably never even done a MM, let alone a FT10 MM(Hint: I have, it sucks). People talk shit about top players all the time and most of them don't even leave their couches. But because both of them actually have tourney results they have to MM for a certain amount that the community deems appropriate. FT10 isnt standard because there hasnt even been any real hyped up MMs in MKX yet. The only difference between a FT10 and a FT5 is the FT10 people end up getting bored halfway through, especially when a character has a very linear playstyle(i.e BS Shinnok).

If you guys really want to see more money start a gofundme or something. Peole shouldnt have to put up more money just because the community feels like they should.

Last edited:
BUT YOU DONT KNOW THAT THEY ARENT GOING TO PLAY. Wound just said he was ready to play, King said he was ready to play. they are ready to play. Just because Cowboy doesnt want to change the games or money amount does not mean he is going to bail. Save the blowups for after one doesn't show, Jesus.
Homie, I HAVEN'T BLOWN ANYONE UP YET. And I probably wont even if they don't play. I said the community at large HAS THE RIGHT TO DO SO IF THEY DONT PLAY. Jesus.

Zoidberg747

Homie, I HAVEN'T BLOWN ANYONE UP YET. And I probably wont even if they don't play. I said the community at large HAS THE RIGHT TO DO SO IF THEY DONT PLAY. Jesus.
Then you need to word your points better because that is exactly what the post I quoted said.

"If you are going to claim that someone is "free" and is not a top player and disparage each other as competitors, you better be willing to actually back it up. Words are wind. So you are absolutely right, they don't have to go through with this money match. That is their prerogative. But to say that its "ridiculous" to blow them up for not playing after everything they've said to each other, is silly to me. That's a very natural human reaction when somebody talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk."

I dont see how that reads anything other than blowing them up lol.

Thats exactly what I am saying. People here are acting all entitled when most of them have probably never even done a MM, let alone a FT10 MM(Hint: I have, it sucks). People talk shit about top players all the time and most of them don't even leave their couches. But because both of them actually have tourney results they have to MM for a certain amount that the community deems appropriate. FT10 isnt standard because there hasnt even been any real hyped up MMs in MKX yet. The only difference between a FT10 and a FT5 is the FT10 people end up getting bored halfway through, especially when a character has a very linear playstyle(i.e BS Shinnok).

If you guys really want to see more money start a gofundme or something. Peole shouldnt have to put up more money just because the community feels like they should.
Haha, dude, I already told you. The vast majority (vaaaast) would blow me up in an FT5 or FT10. But I've not been claiming top players are free jobbers that I'd body. That's why Wound's decision is, while expected, a little confusing.

Just mop up FK (like he's all but guaranteed) get in some games, and take away even more free, free money.

The match is hype regardless. I've already said the money is a non-issue. But when you're hyping yourself up like that, it just seems odd that you wouldn't wanna make more free cash.

Then you need to word your points better because that is exactly what the post I quoted said.

"If you are going to claim that someone is "free" and is not a top player and disparage each other as competitors, you better be willing to actually back it up. Words are wind. So you are absolutely right, they don't have to go through with this money match. That is their prerogative. But to say that its "ridiculous" to blow them up for not playing after everything they've said to each other, is silly to me. That's a very natural human reaction when somebody talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk."

I dont see how that reads anything other than blowing them up lol.
You and I have VERY different definitions of the phrase "blowing up", which is fine I guess. I was saying if they don't play, after everything they've said to each other, that would be a good example of talking the talk but not walking the walk. That's it. Don't really see how that's a blowup, but this is going in circles so I'm going to leave it at that :p

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Okay, @FOREVER KING here is an alternative proposition.

1. We can play the FT5 as originally scheduled.
2. We can play a Ft 10, BUT you must stick with the character and variation that you choose at the beginning of the set. You cannot change characters OR variations after the first game. The same rule applies to me.

This is the new deal.
^^ #2. This is what actual MM's should be from the start.

E

Eldriken

Okay, @FOREVER KING here is an alternative proposition.

1. We can play the FT5 as originally scheduled.
2. We can play a Ft 10, BUT you must stick with the character and variation that you choose at the beginning of the set. You cannot change characters OR variations after the first game. The same rule applies to me.

This is the new deal.
Do #2, @FOREVER KING.