What's new

Breakthrough - Scorpion Update: More buffs for scorpion, 1,1 string is now +1 on block and more

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
They make a double hitting low -4 on block, and at the same time they are making Cage d4 -6...?

No hate, I'm also a Ninjutsu player, but I can't understand some nrs decisions.
Buff scorpion, but fuck kenshi and fistibuffs johnny...(The "Fistibuffs" wasn't a spelling error)

JINAMOUNAINAI

He who is on fire is not troubled by the smoke
Well, its too early to hv a game plan, but a gues would be, 214 fbc 214 fbc 21 will be your go to pressure until they respect it and try to expoit the gap, that leaves them with either armor or backdash, if 21 EX SPEAR JAILS then theres your answer for backdash since it will also be safe vs armor, and vs armor its just 21 fbc bait or jump over
If i would stagger 21, i would then go grab or b1/b3 since going for 21 again could be poked out, this is all random thoughts at this point.......damn i need the beta....... :rolleyes:

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
If they just renamed that variation Noob and gave it a black palette-swap wherever there is yellow, the hate for that variation would go away.

That variation breaks with what the character Scorpion is perceived to be by the masses. If KP2 buffed it back to where it was and made it Noob, the outcry around the variation would be purely positive - and it would be likely good enough to take into tournaments.

You already have Tri-Borg. As long as it could be made to look professional without too much time or expense, I can't see a reason not to do it.

ive also feel this way. - inferno and stunt double- give them both pallet swaps/skins of noob/saibot and watch everyone drink the coolaid... myself included. lol

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
ive also feel this way. - inferno and stunt double- give them both pallet swaps/skins of noob/saibot and watch everyone drink the coolaid... myself included. lol
I think its a no-brainer, but what I think doesn't matter. We need to get the ear of someone who has the ear of someone who matters.

The could even put it on the box and it would sell copies - the return of Noob!!!

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Well, its too early to hv a game plan, but a gues would be, 214 fbc 214 fbc 21 will be your go to pressure until they respect it and try to expoit the gap, that leaves them with either armor or backdash, if 21 EX SPEAR JAILS then theres your answer for backdash since it will also be safe vs armor, and vs armor its just 21 fbc bait or jump over
If i would stagger 21, i would then go grab or b1/b3 since going for 21 again could be poked out, this is all random thoughts at this point.......damn i need the beta....... :rolleyes:
I'll try to see if I can test ex spear off 21 with somebody today. As far as his pressure I've been doing 214 fbc trying to bait armor and going for 21 jump over, continued pressure or block. Nobody has really been exploiting the gap in 214 though so it's been hard to really explore.

JINAMOUNAINAI

Too bad...it would really mean a lot to his game if 21 ex spear jails
(Frame data wise it looks it wont jail but i still have hopes)

JINAMOUNAINAI

Why stagger with 11 when 21 exist?
114 at least not from range 0 doesnt have a gap
So if they try backdash or poke after 11 and you finish the string you get a full combo, also if they armor nothing will come out so you are safe
Also 114 is -1, you can still keep your offense (214 is +2 yes, its just that that gap is always there)
Not disregarding 21 btw, just each one brings diferent things to the table

Last edited:

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Anyone else notice the double flame aura combos are gone since the new characters were released from beta?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Scorpion really needs his pre-release "no stamina cost for teleport cancels" back. Or at the very least it should only cost one stamina bar and not both.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I'm pretty sure reinstating the double flame aura in combos thing was just an experiment. Hellfire had a way to do 2 flame auras in one meterless combo via run cancelling into B2 before the June 2015 patch, and because B2's damage has since been buffed, let's be serious here, his meterless damage potential in the next patch would've been out of control lol.

No big deal IMO.

JINAMOUNAINAI

I'm pretty sure reinstating the double flame aura in combos thing was just an experiment. Hellfire had a way to do 2 flame auras in one meterless combo via run cancelling into B2 before the June 2015 patch, and because B2's damage has since been buffed, let's be serious here, his meterless damage potential in the next patch would've been out of control lol.

No big deal IMO.
B2 has damage scaling properties dunno how strong the combo would be. mostly i hoped for double flame aura just so in case you start a combo with fa to also finish with one for armor breaking properties
Well there goes that, not saying he needed it just i would really be glad if he did :p

As suspected, there is one more buff for Ninjutsu.
B4 is now -4 on block, up from -16 on the current build.

His walkspeed is basically the same, he might not be able to outspace some strings to whiff punish, but if these buffs stays as of right now, he doesn't need it, B4 will be enough to keep ppl in check about pressing buttons within ninjutsu range since is -4 on block now it will make the char kinda annoying to deal with, so theoretically those changes helps scorpion in neutral in general, not only for ninjutsu, but i suppose hellfire and inferno as well.

Nothing new for the other variations though, Minions have the same frame data, We already know Hellfire got the cancels back, but there is a gap in between 21(4), he can do two flame auras in one combo again, and all scorpions can do 214 repetitions again.

@YOMI RM JagoBlake
@Scoot Magee
@aieches
@STRYKIE
@HeroesNZ
@Slips
@YOMI MITYEAP
@OutworldKeith
@Mitsuownes
WHOA!!!! Eddy what did I miss bro? When did this happen??? You know I'm in Iraq so im out of the loop.