What's new

Breakthrough - Scorpion Update: More buffs for scorpion, 1,1 string is now +1 on block and more

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
So I'm now playing the beta myself, and something I noticed about the restoration of 214~TP's gravity:

It now knocks high enough to get a Ninjutsu B2 in, and I'm using the following as my jab punish:

214~TP, B2, B12xxSpear, crossover JP, 4, TP, for 33% meterless.

Not quite the 35% that can be accumulated from 123, but I still don't trust that string yet lol. Also worth noting that standing 2 itself is now 9 frames so it's all still very serviceable IMO.

And I myself can confirm the F3 range "nerf" is a certified bill.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
So I'm now playing the beta myself, and something I noticed about the restoration of 214~TP's gravity:

It now knocks high enough to get a Ninjutsu B2 in, and I'm using the following as my jab punish:

214~TP, B2, B12xxSpear, crossover JP, 4, TP, for 33% meterless.

Not quite the 35% that can be accumulated from 123, but I still don't trust that string yet lol. Also worth noting that standing 2 itself is now 9 frames so it's all still very serviceable IMO.

Doesn't s4 do less damage than s3 and f4? Or did they nerf s3 damage?

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Fuck yeah. There would have been some serious issues if they actually chose to nerf Scorps F3 of all things lol

Really anxious to see what changes do stick for him though. Old 214 cancel advantage combined with the S3 buffs makes me very eager to try out some new combo possibilities as well.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Fuck yeah. There would have been some serious issues if they actually chose to nerf Scorps F3 of all things lol

Really anxious to see what changes do stick for him though. Old 214 cancel advantage combined with the S3 buffs makes me very eager to try out some new combo possibilities as well.
Mmhmm. It will probably help Inferno above anything else. Can't promise it'll bring it's damage entirely back up to it's former glory but it should help make the variation feel rewarding again.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
They did something with the timing on 214 FBC and probably other strings. It's like the cancel has to be done way later than before. I kept dropping the FB all together and just got the 214 string. Sometimes I would get it but something was wrong. It even seemed like the 2nd rep was coming out slower.

JINAMOUNAINAI

He who is on fire is not troubled by the smoke
Its the same bro, just the netcode got better so your online timing has to adjust

Last edited:

Scoot Magee

Its the same bro, just the netcode got better so your online timing has to adjust
I've been playing the beta for a few weeks now and had no issues.

If it was the netcode it must have been a bad connection rather than a good one. I only played against one person and the ping was nothing out of the ordinary. I did it fine in training mode on the full game right afterwards. I was literally failing to cancel into the fireball all together because I was already tapping FF while holding 1 like I normally do. I had to do it a lot later in order to get it to cancel. I've only felt this difference since the latest beta update and I only played one set for about 10 matches.

I'll try again after work today to see if it was just something netcode related. If you've played the beta since the update and didn't feel a difference then I would bet it was something related to lag.

Last edited:

Scoot Magee

The only thing I can think of was it was some issue with the connection that wasn't apparent in any other aspect of the match. The ping was consistently under 100 as well. I'm not crazy, something was wrong last night so it had to be connection related if nobody else is getting the problem.

Scoot Magee

I'm not crazy. There's something different about the buffer window in 214. I'm literally getting 214 canceled into nothing constantly in the new beta update on Xbone. If I play the full game in training or even online I have no issues doing it at all with the same method.

Can anyone with the Xbone beta who plays hellfire confirm?

Last edited: