What's new

[UPDATE] Injustice @ PAX East - Hector Interview + Arturo, NerdJosh and Derek Gameplay

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
For those who may have missed the final day at PAX East... today's PAX presentation of Injustice consisted of first off, a very appreciated interview by TYM staff member, CrimsonShadow who asked producer Hector Sanchez a few questions that broke the mold. He asked him several questions including what a day in the like of a producer like Hector consists of as well as how the how conception of Injustice started with Ed Boon. Crimson also asked a question voted on by the community as that is if "stages/arenas" will also be a possibility for DLC... and as always, the team at NetherRealm never deny anything the community wants so it's a possibility.

cs.jpg

We will reiterate on all of the questions and answers very soon*

Next up was the gameplay between Arturo Sanchez, NerdJosh, Derek from NRS and Hector commentating.

Matches shown -
  • Black Adam (NerdJosh) vs Aquaman (Arturo)
  • Batman (Derek) vs Black Adam (NerdJosh)
  • Wonder Woman vs Deathstroke
  • Catwoman (NerdJosh) vs Raven (Derek)
paxraven.jpg

We cannot end this article of course without a VERY special shout-out to Hector Sanchez and Derek from NetherRealm Studios for their shout-out, especially CrimsonShadow for the getting the interview and the exposure. Crimson was aiming to ask questions that weren't asked yet and he nailed it.

[UPDATE] Thanks to DarKNaTaS once again for the incredibly fast uploading, here is the YouTube version of what you may have missed at 2PM EST today.
20:02 Full list of stages
20:31 Black Adam Gameplay Footage
29:57 Martian Manhunter Spotted
32:45 Parasite Spotted
22:42 Character Select Screen
This interview was done earlier today on twitch.tv stream at Pax 2013.
You can catch the entire Archive of Pax 2013 on twitch.tv/twitch
- Source: theonblastshow2012

EDIT

Stream archive for those who missed it.
http://www.twitch.tv/twitch/b/381739404

Attachments

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Those were some really cool matches, so nice to finally see some REAL competitive gameplay.

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
Agreed about props to CS. I know it was scripted, but asking the alt character question was a great reveal.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
April 16th better get here fastttttt. This game looks amazing so far and with real gameplay now being shown we can really get an idea whats going on. Im so happy i got to see Black adam, aquaman, and Flash gameplay.

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
Did anyone see that flash's vibration dodge parries normal attacks, not just projectiles?

Dude is scary.

I was hoping for more Nightwing and less Raven, but meh ... It was still very good.
I wonder why they didn't try to use Flash's easy ass big ass damage combo. Is it totally out of the game by now?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
i missed it.how did aquaman look?

He looked really reminiscent to SF characters with mashattacks like Chun Li and E.Honda. The hundred hands trident thing looked really safe on block and it setup alot of different opportunities and mindgames afterward just like Chun Li from SfxT for example.

In general he looked really really solid. Definitely a character for people who excel at footsies and spacing out not with projectiles but instead with long/mid range normal attacks cancelled into safe specials. Players like Ricky Ortiz and all MBison players will definitely be a fans of him.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Normal shield move, not his liquid gloss armor trait. The same thing u saw spammed in BA1 vs Cyborg.
so if you try and attack him when shield is activated you get damaged? nice. did it look like it activated fast?