What's new

[UPDATE] East Coast Throwdown V - Injustice Top 8 Set - Will Resume at 8PM EST via Team Sp00ky

Hey, the tourney is down to top 32 -- that'll be from 12-4 EST on KombatNetwork, and the the top8 will be at 8pm on Teamsp00ky.
Thanks bro, did Jr go 0 and 2 or something? Don't see his name...

And Injusticrack got second to last spot uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllll! Lets get it bigger numbers than Marvel, come for that last spot!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Thanks bro, did Jr go 0 and 2 or something? Don't see his name...

And Injusticrack got second to last spot uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllll! Lets get it bigger numbers than Marvel, come for that last spot!
Jr. is in there, he's in Winners' in Pool 14. Injustice is in there, had bigger numbers than Marvel at Toryuken, bigger numbers than anything else I saw yesterday -- raising that CPM.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Jr. is in there, he's in Winners' in Pool 14. Injustice is in there, had bigger numbers than Marvel at Toryuken, bigger numbers than anything else I saw yesterday -- raising that CPM.
Pretty sure viewers only hit around 2k on the kombatnetwork, but the biggest viewers tuned in for MVC2 on Spooks stream. With 13,000 viewers.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
The biggest views for Injustice were also on sp00ky, not KN.
I'm aware, but more than half of those viewers were already there to watch MvC and SF before IGAU switched to Spooky's stream. The people that just wanted to watch IGAU watched on Kombat Network. MVC had 10,000 views for pools on Spooky's stream, while at the same time IGAU had 2k on KN stream. Exposure is good though.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'm aware, but more than half of those viewers were already there to watch MvC and SF before IGAU switched to Spooky's stream. The people that just wanted to watch IGAU watched on Kombat Network. MVC had 10,000 views for pools on Spooky's stream, while at the same time IGAU had 2k on KN stream. Exposure is good though.
That's how it works, though -- if Tekken is first, it won't drop to zero for SF, if IGAU is first, it won't drop to zero for MvC.. IGAU has been pulling over 10K at majors regardless of what comes before it or after it and 7K every single week for the Injustice streams at NLBC and WNF.

The numbers were down some from Marvel to Tekken but went way up again as soon as IGAU started.

Also sp00ky had his stream game set to Injustice: Gods Among Us for nearly half the day while other games played, which led to people hanging out there waiting to see Injustice as well.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
That's how it works, though -- if Tekken is first, it won't drop to zero for SF, if IGAU is first, it won't drop to zero for MvC.. IGAU has been pulling over 10K at majors regardless of what comes before it or after it and 7K every single week for the Injustice streams at NLBC and WNF.

The numbers were down some from Marvel to Tekken but went way up again as soon as IGAU started.

Also sp00ky had his stream game set to Injustice: Gods Among Us for nearly half the day while other games played, which led to people hanging out there waiting to see Injustice as well.
I understand. I just don't like pretending every viewer wants to watch IGAU. I did not know Spooky goofed though. Interesting.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Does anyone have the complete list of the top 8 players and the characters they are using?
I believe it's thusly...

Winners: Reo (Batman, Nightwing), Brady (Aquaman), CD Jr (Superman), Chris G (Green Arrow).
Losers: Crazy Dominican (Doomsday), Jailhouse (Batman), I forget the other two.

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
8 dif characters for top 8?!
Different? Practically the same characters I see at every tourney top 8 and technically the top 8 best characters in the game minus green arrow (depend but I think he is one of the best characters)...

Would of love to see lex luthor, shazam, hawkgirl, harley, joker, ares but ehhh

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Different? Practically the same characters I see at every tourney top 8 and technically the top 8 best characters in the game minus green arrow (depend but I think he is one of the best characters)...

Would of love to see lex luthor, shazam, hawkgirl, harley, joker, ares but ehhh

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2
These are the most played characters, not necessarily the best. They are only considered the best because they have been explored the most.

Man I got bopped pretty good by CD doomsday. Time to explore that matchup more
Congrats to everyone that played, shoutouts to the commentTors, team spooky, jrosa, phil, etc
And tom Brady for winning one of the most exciting grand finals I've seen

For the core

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
These are the most played characters, not necessarily the best. They are only considered the best because they have been explored the most.
And what would you think the reasoning behind Aquaman being "explored more" than, say Bane? Imo at least 6 of the top 8 will still be top 10 at worst six months from now barring any major buffs/nerfs. Top of the class seem significantly better tooled than the a lot of the others.