What's new

UPDATE: Boon tweets screenshot, plus upcoming video will "reveal a lot more than Kung Lao!"

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Well I figure we have approximately 20 characters still to be revealed, with around 13 weeks to go. Unless they plan on unveiling them all at once, or keeping them under wraps until release (I doubt it) then I'd have thought we would start to see a bit more info from NRS. It's been quite a drought so about time. Guess time will tell.

Alec

Noob
Based from what we've seen on the other trailers, they are not just gameplay demonstrations devoid of story/plot elements. They have context and interaction, which gives insight on the MKX events. So, I'm inclined to think that the 2 characters fighting will have to be ones that we can make, at least, some sense out of them performing fatalities on each other.
Sure, Kano vs D'Vorah and Quan Chi vs Kano are not your typical "good vs bad" situation, but we understand the characters and enough of the story to know it's not weird for them to kill each other.

What I'm trying to say is that, this new video should be no different, and we already know one of the kombatants, so I don't think we'll see Kung Lao killing Sonya, Johnny Cage, etc...
...Unless, Kung Lao is actually evil in this game...
...OR the person he is fighting has turned evil like, for example, Evil Liu Kang...
...OR he will be fighting a friend, BUT when they say "Finish Him" they will reveal Friendship...
...Ah, Nevermind.