What's new

Strategy - Master of Souls Unsafe God Ermac

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
To be honest, I think it's too early to say such but time will tell...

I still think he's better than MK 9 Ermac as now he has a good overhead(sure it's unsafe on block but then so are a lot of other moves in the game), actual ARMOR this time and honestly, I think people should rely and improve on better fundamentals over relying on vortex's etc. Just saying.

I think sometimes it's the player using a character to full potential that wins, not necessarily the character themselves due to lack of tools.

CliffP

Noob
Still - before they go to fine tune MoS i´d rather see some help for the other 2 Ermacs first. They need attention way more.
Oh definitely, it would be nice if in Spectral opponents combos scaled differently if they catch you in fly mode, like they get no groundbounces or something, because it's silly to base a variations entire mechanic on something where you can't block and on top of that make the variation pretty trash compared to the others.

Ojpaxton

Noob
Another person that cant distinguish salt/whine from a comment/concern about/on a character. It baffles me everytime anew when ppls like you comment at all - even in salt threads for that matter. Isnt your time doing literally anything else better spend than beeing useless?

I agree on the cap thing. Doesnt feel right to use meter just for ~ the same damage as without. Or adding several stuff for the same damage. They could solve this better. But i think overall the damage output is not a problem for MoS. It still does great damage.
As insignis said its the armor moves that suck in this version. Burst is flawed, so is Vanish.

Still - before they go to fine tune MoS i´d rather see some help for the other 2 Ermacs first. They need attention way more.
Salt post In a salt thread, I just call it how I see it.

UPR_Nova

Noob
To be honest, I think it's too early to say such but time will tell...

I still think he's better than MK 9 Ermac as now he has a good overhead(sure it's unsafe on block but then so are a lot of other moves in the game), actual ARMOR this time and honestly, I think people should rely and improve on better fundamentals over relying on vortex's etc. Just saying.

I think sometimes it's the player using a character to full potential that wins, not necessarily the character themselves due to lack of tools.
I like when I get them fearing options after b3. B3, counter poke; b3, 4; b3, 2. They say screw it and then eat an overhead like damn. Also b1,2 (poke/counter poke) and b1, d2 (poke/counter poke) are nasty. 1, 1, 1 string needs more credit. And you can't forget you have a free 50/50 off of hit confirmed poke. If the opponent has good armor to attack your 9-12 frames of advantage, you can even respect that armor, block and punish into vortex if using MoS. I love the range of f4 personally. I would like more advantage on hit for db2 but that would probably turn him into a machine. It's not all about that vortex by any means. I have some kind of feeling about this character. Not even going to say it out loud because I don't have any wood to knock.

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
I gotta say I love Ermac's b321, but what combo do you usually use at the end of? My main combo is 222 Soul ball f21d2 jump kick tele d1 uppercut. I know I can also optimize that string by doing an ex tele lift correct? Also besides 222 what are some other ways to open people up? New Ermac player here btw and new to the site, any help is appreciated! The Ermac fans seems like a cool crowd haha

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I like when I get them fearing options after b3. B3, counter poke; b3, 4; b3, 2. They say screw it and then eat an overhead like damn. Also b1,2 (poke/counter poke) and b1, d2 (poke/counter poke) are nasty. 1, 1, 1 string needs more credit. And you can't forget you have a free 50/50 off of hit confirmed poke. If the opponent has good armor to attack your 9-12 frames of advantage, you can even respect that armor, block and punish into vortex if using MoS. I love the range of f4 personally. I would like more advantage on hit for db2 but that would probably turn him into a machine. It's not all about that vortex by any means. I have some kind of feeling about this character. Not even going to say it out loud because I don't have any wood to knock.
Yeah up close he can actually pressure this time well too(another thing he had trouble doing in MK 9) with the B1, 2, 4 and F3, 4. I agree, his 111 and 222 come out FAST you'd be surprised(then again you probably not since you seem to know lol) but you know how fast that catches people off guard, and of course with his D1 keeping people honest, you can really screw with people's heads with Ermac.

I agree, there are also other tools the character offers that I believe some people are overlooking.

Afumba

Noob
I know you wont - you are just proving my point.

Anyways - i am done talking with you. Obviously you arent capable of having a conversation/discussion without getting personal.
Enjoy your trolling & beeing a nuisance... this is what ppls who lack manners and/or oppinions do after all.
Bottom line its not even your fault if you are allowed to do so.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
I've played only Mystic since day 1 and actually prefer it to MOS at the moment.

My main reason for this is I think it does well vs Mileena who was a guaranteed loss for me every time in MK9.

iNCryO

Noob
Hey,

I've been away from any fighting games for a looooong time, decided to pick up mkx and damn its awesome.
Anyways, I kind of picked Ermac (MoS) for my main and now after about 3 weeks of practice i kinda starting to get somewhat decent.
While playing other opponents i cant but feel like ppl are catching onto this matchup and its becoming very hard to do much with him.

Not necessarily saying i would fare any better with some other char, but after reading this post ........ i dont know.

I know i am to be considered a noob for the moment being, but would i do myself a favor thinking ahead and set for another main?
Don't want to invest a ton of time on Ermac if hes going to be hit by a train down the road.

Been thinking about Erron Black or Kung Lao but nothing really seems as cool as Ermac to me atm, i'm at a loss here :(
What would be some good alternatives to Ermac, similarities,etc, if any? Specially with competitive play in mind.
I know alot of ppl would just say stick with what you like, but i would much rather have a char that have a future, and im not
good enough to make that kind of judement for Ermac.

Some of you vets wanna give a tip or two?

I'm new on these forums, sorry if this is the wrong thread for questions like these or if my post seems like a waste to you.

Im not english so pardon my grammar :p

Hey,

I've been away from any fighting games for a looooong time, decided to pick up mkx and damn its awesome.
Anyways, I kind of picked Ermac (MoS) for my main and now after about 3 weeks of practice i kinda starting to get somewhat decent.
While playing other opponents i cant but feel like ppl are catching onto this matchup and its becoming very hard to do much with him.

Not necessarily saying i would fare any better with some other char, but after reading this post ........ i dont know.

I know i am to be considered a noob for the moment being, but would i do myself a favor thinking ahead and set for another main?
Don't want to invest a ton of time on Ermac if hes going to be hit by a train down the road.

Been thinking about Erron Black or Kung Lao but nothing really seems as cool as Ermac to me atm, i'm at a loss here :(
What would be some good alternatives to Ermac, similarities,etc, if any? Specially with competitive play in mind.
I know alot of ppl would just say stick with what you like, but i would much rather have a char that have a future, and im not
good enough to make that kind of judement for Ermac.

Some of you vets wanna give a tip or two?

I'm new on these forums, sorry if this is the wrong thread for questions like these or if my post seems like a waste to you.

Im not english so pardon my grammar :p

well, the thing is we wont know who will have the future or not until at least few patches have rolled out and 1 year had passed. So far i advise you to stick with ermac, and keep grinding another either main or secondary. pick some of the more popular ones, likes d'vorah, kung jin, erron black, kano and top guyz like that. We will see in a future what NRS has for Ermac, though i highly doubt it is buffs of any kind.

Any character can win a tournament one month into the game. I guarantee that they were both using at least some if not all the string I posted and barely if ever being punished for it. I am saying as the game progresses people will punish unsafe thing more consistently.
Some players aren't going to want to spend a bar of meter armoring through every blocked string. Without meter, it doesn't work, so it's not THAT abusable by any means...

Afumba

Noob
Since you can also break F2,1, D2 off and do F2, D2, will that interrupt their attempt to use armor there? It should.
No, f2d2 cant be armored through. F212 neither.

Some players aren't going to want to spend a bar of meter armoring through every blocked string. Without meter, it doesn't work, so it's not THAT abusable by any means...
I disagree here. Why wouldnt you punish an unsafe string given the change to? Especially if you can combo off of it or play a character that has good pressure after a knockdown? Ofc it also depends on the situation but i can see more situations one would armored it than not.
Ppls armor through f21d2 against me frequently. Ofc i also hit ppls that went for it with f212 but that doesnt make it less risky to use f21d2.

omooba

fear the moobs
Liu kang, cassie, scorpion, and sonya to name a few.
bruh liu kang has a vortex???? am i tweaking??? sonya has a vortex??????? either i don't know what a vortex is or you don't know what a vortex is. liu and cassie don't have a 50/50 that leaves the oponent standing. sonya has 50/50's yes but it's not a vortex. You can wake up with armor or something. In my opinion ermac is GODLIKE. He is extremely unsafe yes but he has the only 50/50 that can't be blocked on reaction.

unsafe? well i just watched sonicfox beat godspeed like 30-0 and the corner pressure looked anything but unsafe. basically his gameplan revolved entirely around instant air blast (which is apparently like +2, and an overhead..ex is like +40 and gives a full combo on hit). in the corner he was doing like, iab, iab, the forward advancing string (b124?) and godspeed would try to jump out but the b124 would hit so he could convert..or if the b124 was blocked hes neutral so he can do iab again. iab looks hella cheap

unsafe? well i just watched sonicfox beat godspeed like 30-0 and the corner pressure looked anything but unsafe. basically his gameplan revolved entirely around instant air blast (which is apparently like +2, and an overhead..ex is like +40 and gives a full combo on hit). in the corner he was doing like, iab, iab, the forward advancing string (b124?) and godspeed would try to jump out but the b124 would hit so he could convert..or if the b124 was blocked hes neutral so he can do iab again. iab looks hella cheap
video?

KNX

Noob
I believe b124 is interruptable unless I'm crazy, but SonicFox is insanely good, been watching his Ermac develop, by his 3rd day with Ermac he was already doing stuff I hadn't really seen much of anywhere else. Since his reactions are so good he can easily make use of Ermac's great punish options.

Instant Air Blast isn't really cheap though. It's just good, + on hit but no combo unless EX. Also not easy to perform at lowest height consistently and the range isn't that good either.

zaf

professor
would be on twitch.tv/zsonicfox archived somewhere
I believe b124 is interruptable unless I'm crazy, but SonicFox is insanely good, been watching his Ermac develop, by his 3rd day with Ermac he was already doing stuff I hadn't really seen much of anywhere else. Since his reactions are so good he can easily make use of Ermac's great punish options.
Instant Air Blast isn't really cheap though. It's just good, + on hit but no combo unless EX. Also not easy to perform at lowest height consistently and the range isn't that good either.
Well sonicfox mixes up the iafb with the d3. It is a quick and safe low overhead mix up.
As far as I am aware there is no gap in b124. Which is awesome
Iafb pressure is insanely good, it is just hard to master the execution for this.
If done at the lowest point it is + frames. So you can keep pressure going safely. It also a really good conditioning tool.
Fox is really good at conditioning people, so it is not hard for him to pressure with D3 and iafb then catch someone off guard expecing one of these two moves and then eating an overhead or low into full combo.

The range is kinda meh, but you just need to use it the way fox has been using it. He makes it so the situations he is in, it will not whiff.
Just smart play.