What's new

Understanding and Playing Footsies in Injustice by MK_TomBrady

Come on Tom, let's see some REAL skill, let's see you put down Aquaman and main Green Arrow or Deathstroke and win a tournament with one of them.
I do play a lot of Green Arrow as of recent but with no one to really play I cant even win with Aquaman, let alone Green Arrow.

I Have been training non stop for EVO but didnt end up going. My next major is at the end of August, hope I win. Playing much better..

Also..

HOLD ON HERE... I played Sub-Zero when he was a top 10 character and stuck it out with him even after being nerfed into low tier.. What happened? I was not praised for CONSISTENTLY placing top 8 with a bad character.. NOPE.. I was bashed as someone who "fell off and could no longer win". No mention of losing in top 5 or top 8, just that I lost.. PERIOD! God help me when I would get 9th, then I was washed up and trash.

You guys act like you want to see top guys play low tiers but all you do is bash the shit out of us when we dont win. We could place top god knows how many times, but in th eend it wouldnt matter. Thats why we want to play a top tier.

Last edited:

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
lol, ok so you're that kind of player. :rolleyes:

You don't have to "study" it or know all the numbers. In fact some top players have no idea how to read frame data (Mike Ross for example lol). You just have to understand the concept of it. There's nothing complicated about frame data, it's basic math so unless you dropped out of school you shouldn't have too much trouble understanding it.

You can just get a feel of the frame data when you play or practice. You can feel the adv. and disadv. but it's hard to know exactly what is negative but safe and what is full combo punishable, unless you test it yourself or look the numbers up.
Uh no, I'm not like you-one of those players. I don't read frame data, i just play the game and visually remeber what moves are better, faster, slower than others. I don't hold semi scientific discussions on a frame data system that many of "YOU PLAYERS" have cried about how "this frame data is not right, it says -7 but its really -5 and how NRS needs to fix it". lol

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
I do play a lot of Green Arrow as of recent but with no one to really play I cant even win with Aquaman, let alone Green Arrow.

I Have been training non stop for EVO but didnt end up going. My next major is at the end of August, hope I win. Playing much better..

Also..

HOLD ON HERE... I played Sub-Zero when he was a top 10 character and stuck it out with him even after being nerfed into low tier.. What happened? I was not praised for CONSISTENTLY placing top 8 with a bad character.. NOPE.. I was bashed as someone who "fell off and could no longer win". No mention of losing in top 5 or top 8, just that I lost.. PERIOD! God help me when I would get 9th, then I was washed up and trash.

You guys act like you want to see top guys play low tiers but all you do is bash the shit out of us when we dont win. We could place top god knows how many times, but in th eend it wouldnt matter. Thats why we want to play a top tier.
Now look Mr. Brady, I was an unknown fan of yours for like forever of your Sub-Zero in MK9 and really respected your tenacity and will to win with poor Sub-Zero. Thus, I had you separated from EVERYONE ELSE as really showing true sportsmanship and heart for the love and loyalty of the underdog Sub-Zero. Whenever you won or reached the next level it really meant something and held tremendous legitimate skill weight and showed your heart of gold among a sea of plastic heart tier whore-reset-abusing players. When you ranted on youtube about Sub-Zero, I connected with you and ranted with you. You were the shining light of the game, you were the Luke Skywalker, you were Sub-Zero! God bless you, but ever since you whored out like the rest and traded your gold heart for a hollow plastic one with Aquaman it was crushing to lose the only true white knight lone ranger of the MK world to the tier whore infection. You're still carrying around a dim light but based on Injustice I feel MKX will be the tier whore storm that will ultimately put out your light.

I ask on behalf of the underdogs. In MKX, return as Sub-Zero and claim your prize and show the fighting game world what true skill and heart is by standing on the backs of the tier whore masses. You can do it! We believe in you Tom!

Last edited:
Uh no, I'm not like you-one of those players. I don't read frame data, i just play the game and visually remeber what moves are better, faster, slower than others. I don't hold semi scientific discussions on a frame data system that many of "YOU PLAYERS" have cried about how "this frame data is not right, it says -7 but its really -5 and how NRS needs to fix it". lol
When I said: "Oh so you're one of those players :rolleyes:" I meant you're one of dem scrubs that tries to "look down" on players who are more knowledgeable than them. You're actually trying to convince yourself that frame data is only for "no life math nerds" and that studying frames is a laughable thing to do lol.

I don't really know what to tell you since I'm not used to talking to retards. I mean like I said, we're talking about basic maths here. You're basically telling me you can't figure out 1+1 and you think I'm a nerd for knowing the answer is 2.

I would suggest you create an account at TRMK. You will feel right at home over there. :) If you want to stop sucking at fighting games then TYM is the right place to be. But you're gonna have to stop pretending like you know anything about fighting games because you clearly don't. Listen to people's advice, stop being a douche and you might actually improve as a player and as a human being. Otherwise stay clueless, stay scrubby, stay salty, stay free.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
the thing about this game is, the lower tier characters rely upon randomness and crazy guesses to win because they aren't allowed to implement a spacing game because the system of restrictive. So you have to play gimmicky and unsafe. Top players don't want to play that way they want to control the game. Deathstroke can do this and green arrow can in some matchups. But shazam and characters like that literally have to play stupid and hope for good reads to win. No good player wants to play that way.
Exactamundo. I'm starting to see this myself with maining Shazam. Every single time I go for a setup I'm putting myself in a guessing game + guessing what the opponent is going to do, it's like a 25% success rate given the opponent has played vs Shazam before and isn't a moron. Why do so many characters have to put their neck on the line to get damage or a setup when Aquaman can just walk backwards and out-footsie you and MMH can just pummel you with +frame setups and build meter? I'm hoping with Injustice 2 they realize that making a character work to get in and work for setups then making them guess high/low for their command grab is a terrible design. That and making characters grab immune simply because they're attacking rewards mashing and punishes thought-out setups lol.

Exactamundo. I'm starting to see this myself with maining Shazam. Every single time I go for a setup I'm putting myself in a guessing game + guessing what the opponent is going to do, it's like a 25% success rate given the opponent has played vs Shazam before and isn't a moron. Why do so many characters have to put their neck on the line to get damage or a setup when Aquaman can just walk backwards and out-footsie you and MMH can just pummel you with +frame setups and build meter? I'm hoping with Injustice 2 they realize that making a character work to get in and work for setups then making them guess high/low for their command grab is a terrible design. That and making characters grab immune simply because they're attacking rewards mashing and punishes thought-out setups lol.
yeah i mean if your on point with a lot of chars and punish and space, shazam is kind of hopeless... its when you fuckup that shazam seems top tier because he is insane on knockdown... fuck i just pushblock shazam.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight

Also..

All you do is care to fucking much and bitch when you don't win.

You are a walking self-fulfilling prophecy man.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
yeah i mean if your on point with a lot of chars and punish and space, shazam is kind of hopeless... its when you fuckup that shazam seems top tier because he is insane on knockdown... fuck i just pushblock shazam.
Exactly. I played a long set with @JRosa21 this week and I was getting away with a ton of dirt early on--massive 80% damage setups, fake crossups, command grab resets, etc. Once the set dragged on he started pushblocking everything, zoning while running away, and abusing invincible wakeups and my Shazam got downloaded hard. I feel he's one of those characters who will wreck anyone inexperienced in the MU, but he becomes obsolete vs a huge amount of the cast once you learn the MU. Poor guy.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
My post had nothing to do with what you are talking. I dont bitch when I dont win and i rarely post here. All you do is shit talk from home and pretend its something else.
Only the people who need to step back just a little bit. That's the only people I usually have gripes with...and the blatant disregard to fair play (which is not targeted at you btw) that runs rampant throughout this scene.

The one thing I have been clamouring for this entire time is a god damn leader. This community needs one. We need an Art Sanchez, or a Daigo who does their shit talking through gameplay and knows how to grow and welcome players to a scene.

Only the people who need to step back just a little bit. That's the only people I usually have gripes with...and the blatant disregard to fair play (which is not targeted at you btw) that runs rampant throughout this scene.

The one thing I have been clamouring for this entire time is a god damn leader. This community needs one. We need an Art Sanchez, or a Daigo who does their shit talking through gameplay and knows how to grow and welcome players to a scene.
I do talk through my gameplay, but in MK9 other peoples talk seemed to talk over it. Fiction became fact simply because the community was at a state where they wanted to believe it. In IGAU I again tried letting my play talk but ended up frustrated when there was no one to play.

What haters say doesnt influence guys in the industry to take/not give any opportunities to Art. People cannot rewrite Daigo's play with bullshit fiction. However, with me haters seemed to be able to do just that with a few strokes of a keyboard. All they needed is people to believe it and spread it like gospel.

Im over it. Im planning to just play and let others talk. people can let what other say influence them. Yes, its a pain when trolls influence everyone around you. But I just need to look at anyone who actually lets what a troll says have such a stronghold on them as week minded and move on. Its why Im making so much content now and plan to do so in MKX. Just want to grow the scene.

Last edited:

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I do talk through my gameplay, but in MK9 other peoples talk seemed to talk over it. Fiction became fact simply because the community was at a state where they wanted to believe it. In IGAU I again tried letting my play talk but ended up frustrated when there was no one to play.

What haters say doesnt influence guys in the industry to take/not give any opportunities to Art. People cannot rewrite Daigo's play with bullshit fiction. However, with me haters seemed to be able to do just that with a few strokes of a keyboard. All they needed is people to believe it and spread it like gospel.

Im over it. Im planning to just play and let others talk. people can let what other say influence them. Yes, its a pain when trolls influence everyone around you. But I just need to look at anyone who actually lets what a troll says have such a stronghold on them as week minded and move on. Its why Im making so much content now and plan to do so in MKX. Just want to grow the scene.
Then I and I'm sure many others will support the shit out of you.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
When I said: "Oh so you're one of those players :rolleyes:" I meant you're one of dem scrubs that tries to "look down" on players who are more knowledgeable than them. You're actually trying to convince yourself that frame data is only for "no life math nerds" and that studying frames is a laughable thing to do lol.

I don't really know what to tell you since I'm not used to talking to retards. I mean like I said, we're talking about basic maths here. You're basically telling me you can't figure out 1+1 and you think I'm a nerd for knowing the answer is 2.

I would suggest you create an account at TRMK. You will feel right at home over there. :) If you want to stop sucking at fighting games then TYM is the right place to be. But you're gonna have to stop pretending like you know anything about fighting games because you clearly don't. Listen to people's advice, stop being a douche and you might actually improve as a player and as a human being. Otherwise stay clueless, stay scrubby, stay salty, stay free.
Dam...
:coffee: