What's new

Understanding and Playing Footsies in Injustice by MK_TomBrady

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
All I got from this is Aquaman is the only character that can play footsies and behaves like a traditional fighting game character. If you gonna make a video explaining footsies and spacing Aquaman is the worst example to use cause he is basically the only one that can play like that. I wish at least 60% of the cast had raven walk speed and Aquaman like normals then we will really see people playing footsies.
One of the reasons that I stopped playing Injustice is the fact that so few characters have footsies. Also... Killer Frost's dash is so long and stupid that it is probably the worst dash in the game. I bet Superman can dash and recover twice in the time it takes KF to dash once... fucking stupid. This makes KF footsies into throwing daggers all day and the post-slide guessing game and I hate it.

1) He was not top 10. He never was.
2) He had a 3 string loop in the corner that could be backdashable and full combo punishable. That's a broken infinite for you huh?
3) 80%? Jesus you don't really know ANYTHING about the character huh? You mean 60%. That requires 4 bars, and yes, it could be backdashable.
4) They were never under Green Arrow. People STILL don't know know to interrupt/blow up d1 xx arrow. People STILL don't know how to backdash super. People STILL don't know how to block F2D13. Low tier people who got the character a bunch of unnecessary nerfs, people like yourself, who would go into the forums to remind us how broken beyond belief he was.
5) What does Chris G has to do with anything? He still gets away with murder.
6) Now you're saying GA's problem is his walk speed? How stupid is that? His problem is not being able to punish anything because tiny t-rex arms, slow normals and slow ass arrows.
7) You went to every GA post to tell us we were super downplayers, and now you say he's worse than poop. What.

Seriously, never give an opinion about a character you DON'T PLAY WITH OR AGAINST, especially if you don't even play at a decent level. It makes you look like a HUGE scrub, the kind of people who bitch and moan and get characters nerfed for NO reason at all.
Did you even watch the video? Tom Brady mentioned Green Arrow had one of the worst walkspeeds in the game which is why he has to jump in and dash and can't play footsies. That's all I was referring to when I said I hope no one in MKX has his walkspeed. I wasn't claiming that's his only problem or his worst problem...

And I never once claimed GA was broken you nincompoop. At most I said he was in the "top 10 conversation" when the game was new. Again before everyone else got super buffed. Chris G's a godlike player with strong fundamentals but he still proved that GA was more than tourney viable in the game's early life.

I don't really give a shit about your opinions tbh. I suggest you do the same about mine.

With that said I'll keep up playing the characters and variations you decide to main in MKX and there's nothing you can do about it lol! Cry moar.

Last edited:

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Did you even watch the video? Tom Brady mentioned Green Arrow had one of the worst walkspeeds in the game which is why he has to jump in and dash and can't play footsies. That's all I was referring to when I said I hope no one in MKX has his walkspeed. I wasn't claiming that's his only problem or his worst problem...

And I never once claimed GA was broken you nincompoop. At most I said he was in the "top 10 conversation" when the game was new. Again before everyone else got super buffed. Chris G's a godlike player with strong fundamentals but he still proved that GA was more than tourney viable in the game's early life.

I don't really give a shit about you or your opinions tbh. I suggest you do the same about mine.

With that said I'll keep up playing the characters variations you decide to main in MKX and there's nothing you can do about it lol! Cry moar.
- He literally has the same walkspeed. I think Brady's arguments are bogus. But hey since you have to regurgitate someone else's arguments because you don't have your own.
- Yes you did. I'm too lazy to go and quote you, I already did in another thread.
- Trudat. Still, don't post about my character, or any other character, if you don't know what you're taking about. You've already done enough damage.

the reason i say this game lacks footsies is because of exactly what you said in this video about certain characters like aquaman which have excessively dominant normals in a game where walk speed isn't competitive for a lot of characters and dashes being punishable... so some characters have no footsies game at all

i think at an extremely high level dashing at specific spaces to whiff punish your opponents spacing normal but be viable.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
This video has a lot of good points in it.... but it's also really easy to lecture people on footsies when you're playing Aquaman. Come on.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Tom Brady said:
I could do the same video and use SZ in MK9. I can explain footsies without Aquaman.
you want him to explain footsies with a character that has horrible footsies?
I get that you understand footsies, not questioning that. Just pointing out that it's essentially like coaching people on hitting your target when you've got a rocket launcher.

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
Videos like this are great because they just so how unbalanced the game is by highlighting characters like Aquaman's superior footsy game, superior projectile game, superior anti-air defense, superior rush-down game, superior spacing game, superior range from a distance, superior range from up close. lol this video also shows how the top players are nothing but tier whores who never show how great their skill is by maining a so called low tier character and trying to win a tournament with one. lol Tom Brady's basically admitted and boasting as to why he uses Aquaman. because he's basically overpoweredly broken. lol

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
Come on Tom, let's see some REAL skill, let's see you put down Aquaman and main Green Arrow or Deathstroke and win a tournament with one of them.

Videos like this are great because they just so how unbalanced the game is by highlighting characters like Aquaman's superior footsy game, superior projectile game, superior anti-air defense, superior rush-down game, superior spacing game, superior range from a distance, superior range from up close. lol this video also shows how the top players are nothing but tier whores who never show how great their skill is by maining a so called low tier character and trying to win a tournament with one. lol Tom Brady's basically admitted and boasting as to why he uses Aquaman. because he's basically overpoweredly broken. lol

the thing about this game is, the lower tier characters rely upon randomness and crazy guesses to win because they aren't allowed to implement a spacing game ebcause the system of restrictive. So you have to play gimmicky and unsafe. Top players don't want to play that way they want to control the game. Deathstroke can do this and green arrow can in some matchups. But shazam and characters like that literally have to play stupid and hope for good reads to win. No good player wants to play that way.

in a game liek sf4 a characters options aren't as overpowering and the same isn't as formulaic so their is much more potential to outplay the opponent. same with mk9 to a degree

Last edited:

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
This Tom Brady video with Aquaman and footsies makes as much dumb sense as REO making a MK9 video on how to win with Kabal. As if any of these characters really need in depth skill lecturing on how to abuse...oops, I mean use their broken...oops, i mean great qualities to dominate the game.

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
the thing about this game is, the lower tier characters rely upon randomness and crazy guesses to win because they aren't allowed to implement a spacing game because the system of restrictive. So you have to play gimmicky and unsafe. Top players don't want to play that way they want to control the game. Deathstroke can do this and green arrow can in some matchups. But shazam and characters like that literally have to play stupid and hope for good reads to win. No good player wants to play that way.

in a game liek sf4 a characters options aren't as overpowering and the same isn't as formulaic so their is much more potential to outplay the opponent. same with mk9 to a degree

VERY true.

mwelele zaza

Aioffe Belle
Tom Brady explains the concept of footsies and applies it to Injustice. He explains the differences from Mortal Kombat 9 and what we were used to with cancel-able dashes. Tom also talks about the two major factors of footsies, including explaining space control. This is a concept that Tom feels has been holding many players back by not understanding. Well, here is a full video of Tom explaining making this video a must watch for all NRS competitors.

edited/promoted by STORMS*
Hi am using a mobile phone so I can't see the video can u please send me the video URL but edit it e.g you!tube.com/watch then I will just delete the "!" So that I can see the video thanks

can someone give me some insight into what it means when they say a move is + or - a certain number? does that have something to do with frames?

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Why because I said Green Arrow was possibly in the top 10 conversation when the game was new? Well guess what he was. That was before everyone else got buffed and before DLC was even released. May I remind you he had a block infinite back then, more ways to land his 80% reset not to mention most characters were really horrible? You forget that most characters only became viable because of their numerous buffs. Before that they were clearly under Green Arrow tier wise.

You're just mad because Chris G won all those tournaments with a "shitter" LOL.
He was never top 10, and only Green Arrow players new that, eeeerrr one else just didn't know how to block anything. Still don't.

1) He was not top 10. He never was.
2) He had a 3 string loop in the corner that could be backdashable and full combo punishable. That's a broken infinite for you huh?
3) 80%? Jesus you don't really know ANYTHING about the character huh? You mean 60%. That requires 4 bars, and yes, it could be backdashable.
4) They were never under Green Arrow. People STILL don't know know to interrupt/blow up d1 xx arrow. People STILL don't know how to backdash super. People STILL don't know how to block F2D13. Low tier people who got the character a bunch of unnecessary nerfs, people like yourself, who would go into the forums to remind us how broken beyond belief he was.
5) What does Chris G has to do with anything? He still gets away with murder.
6) Now you're saying GA's problem is his walk speed? How stupid is that? His problem is not being able to punish anything because tiny t-rex arms, slow normals and slow ass arrows.
7) You went to every GA post to tell us we were super downplayers, and now you say he's worse than poop. What.
QFT, I remember when everyone and there mama shit on us and called us downplayers, just for telling the truth. Oh well. I quit this game months ago, what am I even doing here.

Oh yah, waiting for MKx :REO

can someone give me some insight into what it means when they say a move is + or - a certain number? does that have something to do with frames?

The link stuff doesn't apply in Injustice because NRS games use dial chains. But frame data is universal to all fighting games.

Once you understand the jist of it you'll improve in every fighter you play.

startup: attack speed
active: attack duration
recovery: attack cooldown
advantage (+): you recover and can attack/move before them.
disadvantage (-): they recover and can attack/move before you.

Last edited:

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS

The link stuff doesn't apply in Injustice because NRS games use dial chains. But frame data is universal to all fighting games.

Once you understand the jist of it you'll improve in every fighter you play.

startup: attack speed
active: attack duration
recovery: attack cooldown
advantage: you recover and can attack/move before them.
disadvantage: they recover and can attack/move before you.
Ok, this is just way to ridiculous. The staff at NRS have to be laughing their way to the banks. I can only imagine what Ed Boon thinks to himself privately in his head when he meets guys that study stuff like this and don't even make money from it.

Ok, this is just way to ridiculous. The staff at NRS have to be laughing their way to the banks. I can only imagine what Ed Boon thinks to himself privately in his head when he meets guys that study stuff like this and don't even make money from it.
lol, ok so you're that kind of player. :rolleyes:

You don't have to "study" it or know all the numbers. In fact some top players have no idea how to read frame data (Mike Ross for example lol). You just have to understand the concept of it. There's nothing complicated about frame data, it's basic math so unless you dropped out of school you shouldn't have too much trouble understanding it.

You can just get a feel of the frame data when you play or practice. You can feel the adv. and disadv. but it's hard to know exactly what is negative but safe and what is full combo punishable, unless you test it yourself or look the numbers up.

Last edited:

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Ban yourself. After reading this, how can anyone take seriously whatever you say?